PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous Oxide in Victoria

stiffsimon
22-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Hi

I might have the option of getting a nitrous kit but being a Pom I'm not sure of the legalities of running a nitrous bike on the road here in Australia [?]. Anybody know what the law is regarding this. Ta

MONO
22-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Yes it is illegal to not run a nitrous bike on the road here in Australia [:0], so you better fit it before DEPT of Transport find out!![xx(]

xa-mont
22-05-2011, 05:54 PM
i think you can have it fitted, but not connected (no physical pipe connecting it as far as i know) to keep it road legal.

I saw a really great GSX1400 that looked completely stock but had the nitrous hidden under the rear seat.

oldskool
22-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Monty you are on the money.

BANDITROD
22-05-2011, 06:25 PM
I had it on my bandit for a while but i had it well hidden in the ductail and I was very selective of where I used it ......mainly because I had to travel 200 klms just to fill bottles

stiffsimon
22-05-2011, 06:26 PM
OK thanks for that. I'm sure that there are some "options" though :D

BANDITROD
22-05-2011, 06:58 PM
There certainly are mate

Redmohawk
22-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Yep current rules are fitted is fine, but bottle line must be disconnected at the bottle at all times on roads.

Booster
23-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Where does it stand with carrying a oxidiser near an ign source , you could be in the same boat as the guy fined 25g's today because his oxy set blew up in his van when he hit the remote unlock, minor gas leak and BOOM
Regs on having a bottle at all or having it disconnected vary from state to state.
If anyone was interested a guy i know is selling a 40hp dry kit to suit busa, with 4 outlet head in airbox and the flash tune to suit and flash type nos wiring harness included let me know and i'll send you his number, kit is in Bendigo

Redmohawk
24-05-2011, 06:09 AM
Nos is alot safer then Oxy, seems Here in Vic as long as the bottle is mounted safe and not in a silly spot (might grind away in a drop/fall) Had a long chat with Vic roads and the coppers about a month back on this very subject. All started over a dumb as copper who said my alu radiator catch can was a Nos bottle in use lol

Bubble Boy
24-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Here's an interesting one for you guys having trouble filling NOS
you can get a G code size bottle of NOS from Linde or BOC and get an LP compressor, then use a NOS booster to suck the bugger dry at home.
Nice cheap way of maximising your NOS opportunities.

How do I know - because we sell NOS boosters to drag racers up in sunny QLD and they are much cheaper than you think.........

Gix11
24-05-2011, 03:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

Where does it stand with carrying a oxidiser near an ign source , you could be in the same boat as the guy fined 25g's today because his oxy set blew up in his van when he hit the remote unlock, minor gas leak and BOOM
Regs on having a bottle at all or having it disconnected vary from state to state.
If anyone was interested a guy i know is selling a 40hp dry kit to suit busa, with 4 outlet head in airbox and the flash tune to suit and flash type nos wiring harness included let me know and i'll send you his number, kit is in Bendigo

Is that this one from a year or two ago Greg?:

http://images.theage.com.au/2009/10/22/807525/gall-van-blast4-600x400.jpg

Large
24-05-2011, 04:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bubble Boy

Here's an interesting one for you guys having trouble filling NOS
you can get a G code size bottle of NOS from Linde or BOC and get an LP compressor, then use a NOS booster to suck the bugger dry at home.
Nice cheap way of maximising your NOS opportunities.

How do I know - because we sell NOS boosters to drag racers up in sunny QLD and they are much cheaper than you think.........

Tell me more pls

Booster
24-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Could be , just heard the results of the court case on the radio

Redmohawk
24-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Large , just turn your G size upside down (assuming its a non siphon bottle) and use a hose to fill your smaller one. Is just the same deal as LPG (except you need to fill bottle to correct weight Ie put bottle on scales as you fill) gravity feed with perge valve open till weight of bottle is right then shut fill and purge valve etc etc.

On a side note if your loooking to distroy the ozone layer this stuff is about 300 times more effective than Co2 lol