PDA

View Full Version : an ebay scam????

ALBI
20-05-2011, 08:41 PM
just a quick one guy's and gal's.
has anyone had this reply sent to them while you were flogging something of???
Thanks for getting back to me and i appreciate your prompt reply..I am presently out of town now but i am buying this for my Daughter Who live in Russia and i will like to make the payment for this via Paypal and also my mover will come for the pick-up...So kindly send me your Paypal account ID and i will send the Payment for this item instantly and once the money clears in your account ,my mover will come for the pick-up.if you don't have a PayPal account yet, you can set one at:www paypal .com cant take you less than 3mins to do that, i will be expecting your PayPal email so l can pay . I will be waiting.

--
Hi Do you still have it for sale?How much is your last asking price???
and then this one
Hi thanks for reply, i am a marine engineer, i am at sea right now. I am buying this for my son as a surprise gift. I can only pay through paypal at the moment as i dont have access to my bank account online (i dont have internet banking with it), but i have it attached to my paypal account, and this is why i insisted on using paypal to pay,all i will need is your paypal email address to make the payments, and if you dont have a paypal account yet, you can set one it cant take you less than 3mins to do that, i will be expecting your paypal email so l can pay. I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up after payments has been sorted, l will be waiting for your reply asap..

--
Hi..Do you still have this for sale ?..How much is your last asking price?
i went to fleebay live help and they just said hmmmmpf dont see a prob with that!!
but these are 2 emails from different account's that are verrrry close in content or is it just me ??
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280679033317&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
Item number: 280679033317

Large
20-05-2011, 08:43 PM
scam

ignore them

ALBI
20-05-2011, 08:51 PM
so i wasnt wrong yayyyyyyy
oh cheers rich

wackyrider
20-05-2011, 10:36 PM
if anyone wants to pay on paypal, don't let them take anything till it clears into your bank account. Most of these scams will send u a bogus email pretending to be paypal saying they have transferred you the money.

ALBI
20-05-2011, 11:45 PM
i just had a big man poke me on my shoulder whilst i was reading there email ,im with on that wacky ,but it was the fact they were both away and would have someone come over to pick up ?? um no thanks !!
i told them both just bid what you feel is the right amount for items and if you are winning bidder ,then you can pay via the damm fucking link provided !!! cant be so hard !! no wonder so many people get ripped off ,they dont think .

RevHead
20-05-2011, 11:53 PM
they ask u to help with shipping can u chip in say $1000 then il pay u back on delievery ,its a fuck over

HOS
21-05-2011, 03:16 AM
They send Igor and the guys from Russia over to collect ?.......hhmmmm... yeah..... fark ! [:0]

:D

Benz
21-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Their secret weapon is 'Paypal'. If you already have an account, their scam wont work, as they offer you a link to 'PayPal' where you put your bank details , personal details etc, and they get your bike,AND your life.
I told them when it was tried on me I already have a Paypal account, and would not release the bike until money was in my personal bank account. Fucktum.

Large
21-05-2011, 01:08 PM
I believe the usual scam is to get you to agree to a price, then they say they'll pay you say 2000 extra so you can give it to the "shipping agent" when he picks up the bike.

Then you get an email supposedly from paypal saying that the money is in your account with a link to a site that looks like gaypal but isn't. and if you don't check the real paypal site, you get fleeced.

If you've got time you can lead them on a bit and waste their time, but be aware of any info you give them.

ALBI
21-05-2011, 03:42 PM
hmmm large i like ur style ill fuck em lolol
unless i swap for a mail order wife who take a fist hmmmmm

ALBI
21-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Hi john oh ok ididnt relise you wanted them ? the problem is i know that they are worth at least $5000.00 to replace so if i was to let them go for a base price it would have to be at least $2800.00 as im trying to get as much as possible for them. No that email is just our genral email account for home only .
Regards alen

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, 21 May 2011 5:15 AM
To: Sharon Davidson
Subject: Re: various factory landrover manuals

Its because i need this item urgently an i want to buy it now at the reserved price ? I will like to know your reserved price and is this your registered email with PayPal so i can pay in sharon.davidson2@bigpond.com ??

--
Hi..Do you still have this for sale ?..How much is your last asking price?

ill tell you what they are persistant appers to be real at first !!!!!!

HOS
23-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Mate of ours sold a guitar and amp on Egay.
Guy sent a cheque for payment, problem with his Paypal account etc.
Guitar sold for £500, cheque arrived for £2500.
Ooop sorry sent too much in error. Please bank the cheque anyway and I will collect change when I pick up the guitar and amp.
Our mate says ok but wait till cheque clears.

Takes the cheque to his local bank and stands at the counter with deposit book and cheque. Bank staff keep him talking for a while until a large hand appears on his shoulder.
Its the bill.
Come and have a chat with us in the banks back room?
Turns out the cheque is stolen.

Get out of that ;)