PDA

View Full Version : silicone grease for caliper sliders?

ralph
14-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know of a good supplier for high temp silicone grease?

I tried repco and they offered me some PBR rubber grease and said thats what everyone uses
I have been told that the rubber grease is no good......
Opinions please.

sharky
14-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Try a dive shop as silicone grease is used on scuba equipment

ozzy1100
14-05-2011, 08:15 PM
i have been useing rubber grease on all my brake rebuilds in both car and bike for over 15 yrs
and have never had a prob so this is a 1st for me but you could well be right
but after you flushed and cleaned then buffed all metal parts and cleaned rubbers a smear of rubber grease makes them feel like new
any other ideas allways open to better way when tring 2 stoping my arse getting fucked up
well at least to rod back and well lol

Johnnie5
15-05-2011, 05:16 PM
if you go into supercheap and head up the back to the spareparts counter where there is a dumb idiot that doent know anytthing

you will find a box with a variety of small single use sachets of different things for about $2 a pop

stuff like anti sieze , copper grease, loctite and grease for brake caliper slides

iirc its the loctite brand of products

oldskool
15-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Lithium grease is the go as it will not liqify with heat.

Zooks
20-05-2011, 11:08 PM
I've used 'brake rebuild silicone liquid' for the past few years. It works really well. It comes in a small bottle (about 200ml). I got it from Auto 1. You only need a few drops - the tiny bottle I've got will probably last me a lifetime.

Deano
21-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Any bearing shop should have it if they are any good that is. We stock it and sell heaps. The local brake guy buys a bit of it