PDA

View Full Version : Help sourcing unobtanium

stiffsimon
13-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Hi people and thanks for the welcome.

I'm looking for some help (quite a lot actually :D)

As some of you may have read in the @Welcome to the Madness@ section I have emigrated over from Scotland along with the engine from my old 'fighter

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz9/siminoz63/IMG_1127.jpg

The engine is a GSX 1260 with a fair ammount of work done to it

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz9/siminoz63/motor%20of%20the%20beast/IMG_3125.jpg

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz9/siminoz63/motor%20of%20the%20beast/IMG_3127.jpg

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz9/siminoz63/motor%20of%20the%20beast/IMG_3120.jpg

1260 Wiseco kit with machined and balanced pistons
Stage 2 Hi lift cams with adjustable cam sprockets
1MM oversize int and exh valves with APE HD valve springs
Flowed and ported head
APE manual cam chain tensioner
Pinned, welded and balanced crank
Billet clutch basket
GSX 750 oil pump gears
13 row Serck oil cooler and dual external oil lines
Dyna S ignition with Dyna coils and Taylor plug leads
Mikuni 36mm flatties with K&N pods

Thing is though I need a chassis to put it in and am having trouble finding one due to my lack of contacts here in Melbourne. My dream is to build a hot Kat but also love the look of the original GSX 11 ET's and that is what I'm looking for a GSX 11 frame/chassis.
I'm not looking to do anything too extreme, you know USD front end, box s/arm, Ohlin shocks etc., etc.
Other thing is I want my engine re built but properly so am looking for some one with intimate knowledge of these gorgeous motors.
Any help advice direction piss taking to get me started on my project would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance peeps :)

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
13-05-2011, 08:48 AM
If it is ok with oldskool, there is a frame sitting in my garage that may interest you. Good thing is I'm in Melbourne too.

oldskool
13-05-2011, 09:22 AM
I dont know Bryn, I offered my services in the welcome section and not as much as a mind your leave, seems like a rude Gaj to me.

El_Hefty
13-05-2011, 09:36 AM
i have a spare gsx1100efe sitting here, you can have the roller for a few south pacific peso's if that interests you of course it is on the gold coast so transport is required

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
13-05-2011, 09:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by oldskool

I dont know Bryn, I offered my services in the welcome section and not as much as a mind your leave, seems like a rude Gaj to me.

He is a Jock so............Your call maximus. Spread the love I say.

stiffsimon
13-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Hi OLDSKOOL. I do apologise for not responding. Absolutely not my intention to be rude [:I]
I would certainly appreciate any help advice or whatever you may wish to offer. If you are going to 80"s Freaks piss up I'll say Hi.
Wrists suitably slapped [:I]
El Hefty thanks for that but I prefer the ET to the EFE and I'd rather try to get something locally initially at first.

oldskool
13-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Right we'll get Blethered at Geoff's then, you bring the Buckfast and Ill bring the Regal King size, Bryn you bring the sran and we'll all have a party!

stiffsimon
13-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Eeeeh kin hell Buckie, haven't drank that fer years but always preferred LD (Elderado) mesel Remember seeing Buckie up on optics in the Saree Heed East end Glasgow quickly followed by two mercun tourists getting mugged when they walked in with there cameras and pastel coloured golf trousers. I'll bring some scran too and we can get blootered :D

oldskool
13-05-2011, 03:34 PM
I lived in Edinburg for 3 years Funny old place Saorsa land but alot of fun.

stiffsimon
13-05-2011, 07:20 PM
I lived in Glasgow for three years, awesome. look forward to catching up with you and talking shite ( and some proper oldskool stuff):)

80s freak
13-05-2011, 07:36 PM
So I guess that means you are coming then Dylan.
Simon, i've got a et frame sitting here, might be an option for you. Also got a complete original front end you can borrow to help get it rolling at least.

oldskool
13-05-2011, 08:52 PM
If thats alright princess I didn't realize it was rsvp?