PDA

View Full Version : GSXR750 Oil Cooler to Bandit fit?

speeddemon
22-03-2007, 08:49 PM
I here that GSXR750 oil coolers are larger than the Bandits, possibly even the 1100's.

I suppose they should fit a Bandit seeing that the engine will fit its frame?? your thoughts anyone?

Gix11
22-03-2007, 09:55 PM
I'd just got the extra and get a nice after market unit mate, unless you're really strapped for cash then the flat 750 one is a little larger than yours but wouldn't make a great deal of difference doubt.

chopaweeza
23-03-2007, 06:25 PM
When I had a Bandit I worked the motor. I found that in traffic it tended to over heat. So, I hunted ebay , found a generic car oil cooler that was similar size but 50mm thick, had EnZed hoses make me up custom lines(looked shocking tho') and there after it ran cooler. Too cool in fact so I had a thermostat bypass switch installed for the open road and cold mornings. All up it cost less than $450. A new HEL with lines is $700 and bolts on. If I would have done decent research first I could have cut the cost by a third .

speeddemon
24-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Cheers -the HEL are nice but pricy

Anyone used Goodridge Coolers ?? I will most likely go the car one like Gix I think.;)