HOS
11-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Anyone going ?

http://www.santapod.co.uk/e_main.php

Thinking about taking my boy, he`s never seen Top Fuelers [:p]

HOS
14-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Done deal, me and the lad are going ;)

I`ve taken him loads of times to drag racing at ACU, Straightliners, etc....

But Top Fueller`s are summat you have to see at least once in your life. ;) On tickover the ground is shaking when your stood 50 yards from the start. 1/4 mile in 2 and a bit seconds.

£27 a head is fuck all for what you get to see all day.

Surt
14-05-2011, 05:12 AM
fuckin hate u and ur family Hos! gonna have some alco and

HOS
14-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Surt, we see very few bikers down at Santa Pod for the bike events, I think they are either to pathetic and limp wristed, or their wives wont let them go.

Either way come events like the Extreme Performance bikes weekend or anything else performance related for bikes, no fucker shows up.

We go and sit in the grandstand and watch some seriously fast bikes in the hot sun. Do you know what..... the place is fucking empty.
I`ve stood there with MDM and we are both saying where the fuck is everyone? Why dont British bikers support performance bike events?

Cost me a tenner and me boy gets in for free.
A tenner is about 1.5 gallons of petrol.;)
We talk to shit loads of people who build and race and learn summat.[:p]
We watch the stunters all day [8D]...... no one shows up....

Despite all the huffing and puffing about performance bikes, no one goes to watch and support these events. Seems like they are just the same as the Harley crowd..... all show and no go.
The Pod is only 15 minutes from Junction 16 of the M1 !

I meet a few racers every year from Germany down The Pod who would give their right arm for the drag strips and expertese like we have. They come over here for help and support building bikes because theres fuck all for drag bikes in Germany.

Surt
14-05-2011, 11:56 PM
naaa top fuellers? liv' on i was kiddin big bruv ha!

HOS
15-05-2011, 07:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by Surt

naaa top fuellers? liv' on i was kiddin big bruv ha!

I know you well enough now Surt mate ;)

Yep those Top Fuellers are surreal. When fingers in both ears is`nt enough.

When they hit the "go button" the noise they make is like a very loud single dog bark, then 2 seconds and the parashoots are out.... fukkin amazing [8D]

After a day at a main event you get a real sore throat from inhaling all the methanol and burned rubber.

Surt
15-05-2011, 04:14 PM
yup barkin cunts bahaha!

HOS
16-05-2011, 06:51 AM

yup barkin cunts bahaha!

I`ve been going to The Pod for maybe 27 years now and not had a bad day yet.

Lot of good memories :) [8D]

One of many was watching Tim Cook in his 57 Chevy do a 5 second 1/4 with only one wheel on the tarmac as he took off.
About as aerodymanic as a brick and yet fast as fuck. Who needs streamlining when you have that much power ? [:p]

Surt
17-05-2011, 04:21 AM
my other ingriss mate (most of people from the uk i met i could call mates cep 1 wanker but thats another story lol) Bob Brooks racin on yellow alkie puma in the pod had his engine blown up 3 or 4 weeks ago the crank splitted in the middle have u seen that or perhaps u even know him Colin?

78ljs4ePHPU

he and his bike at 1.20, 4.10, 5.55 high 7s and low 8s not bad at all esp for a home made bike!
and i believe i saw u at 2.20 on ur scoot mate? and u o us vids ans pics Hos

HOS
18-05-2011, 01:56 AM
No don`t know the guy Surt, prolly seen him race though.;)

Is that you on a quad at around 3-50?? [:o)]

Got [u]shit loads</u> of photos at the Pod.
We sit slightly to the left of where that vid was shot in the grandstand.
I like to sit in line with the start line or slightly infront of it.

But fuck me.... on a hot summers day sitting there to me is pure nirvana.... nothing finer on a weekend :) The whole world ceases to exist outside.

HOS
18-05-2011, 02:11 AM
"ingriss" ! Hhahahaha.... spoken like a true imigant. ;)[:o)]

Got some Pod photos to slap up on here in a bit.....

Surt
18-05-2011, 03:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by HOS

Is that you on a quad at around 3-50?? [:o)]

not bloody likely mate!

Surt
18-05-2011, 04:10 AM

u ought to speak the same way for them to feel not embarrassed and to feel themselves home after all they are future inhabitants just like stinking langobards became inhabitants in rome bahaha!

HOS
19-05-2011, 01:50 AM

u ought to speak the same way for them to feel not embarrassed and to feel themselves home after all they are future inhabitants just like stinking langobards became inhabitants in rome bahaha!

Hey, I struggle with Ingriss myself sometimes mate :D;)

Some local government offices have to produce official documents in 70 different languages for all the people here who can`t speak the fuckin lingo.