PDA

View Full Version : New to forum and jap bikes

matt.e
08-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Hi guys my name is Matt. I am now 40 and have been riding bikes since I was 10. The subject is a bit of a lie as I'm not really new to jap bikes. I had a kx80 when growing up on a farm then when I got my license I got an rg250. However after my teens past I then have always owned Ducati's. The Duke that I have now and for the last 10 years is being sold because I have finally had enough of spending good money on, over-priced parts and over-priced mechanical work. Let's just say besides the cost of the bike I have spent around $26k+ on it and that's just break downs etc. I spent 4k on it in Sept(broke down) had it for 3 weeks and then an unrelated issue happend. Shelled out another 4k and got it back after a long time and it worked for a week then yep broke down!!!! Had enough now!!! Took a while but it was my pride and joy!

I've always had a soft spot for the big Katana's so while waiting for the Duke to get repaired I bought an 1100 Kat just to get around while waiting. Now that I have decided I will keep it, I will start to clean it up and a bit of custom work on the old girl.

So guys I will be hitting up questions and maybe a joke or two. Looking forward to general chit chat as well.

nick76
08-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Welcome,and post up Pics of the Ducati and Kat

Bob
08-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Welcome mate!!

robmac
08-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Welcome

xa-mont
08-05-2011, 10:17 AM
welcome dude.

Gitzy
08-05-2011, 10:37 AM
http://pascackvalleyhome.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Welcome-mat2.jpg

Get It? lol [:p]

Love to see some pics of your Ducati Matt..

Have you checked out our Katana Gallery (http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18625)? Lots of Inspiration in there Mate..

matt.e
08-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll put some photos up of the bikes soon. I'll work out how to use one of those uploaders mentioned here. The Duke is in a few pieces at the mechanic shop and he's wanting to buy it. The Kat is going to get the bucks spent on it now.

g man
08-05-2011, 05:52 PM
welcome mate

wackyrider
08-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Welcome mate

Pab13
09-05-2011, 07:13 PM
welcome mate

BANDITROD
09-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Welcome aboard mate

suzuki fighter
09-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Hi mate welcome

K6Thou
09-05-2011, 07:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by matt.e

The Duke is in a few pieces at the mechanic shop and he's wanting to buy it.

Welcome mate.

I have to say that a mechanic wanting to buy a bike that has had so many dramas is a bit of a concern. Has said mechanic done all the recent work on the bike ?? I only ask because when I worked in a bike shop we never asked if anything we worked on was for sale even though we had some really nice bikes come through the shop.

Seems strange to me is all....

g man
10-05-2011, 02:57 AM
welcome mate

matt.e
12-05-2011, 07:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by K6Thou

quote:Originally posted by matt.e

The Duke is in a few pieces at the mechanic shop and he's wanting to buy it.

Welcome mate.

I have to say that a mechanic wanting to buy a bike that has had so many dramas is a bit of a concern. Has said mechanic done all the recent work on the bike ?? I only ask because when I worked in a bike shop we never asked if anything we worked on was for sale even though we had some really nice bikes come through the shop.

Seems strange to me is all....

Nah he did the last lot of work but not all the other things. He was wanting to buy my bike before he started the work. Although he does want to buy it for next to nothing. I have also made up my mind though that his customer service is quite shit. HaHa regardless of that, I'm just over Dukes and want to play with the big Kat.

TurboKat
12-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Boy, you're in for a culture shock Matt !
Gone are the days of unreliability, poor handling & braking, no power & having people look down their noses at you - you own a Katana now, chicks will dig you.
If you spend half of the $$ that you spent on the Wogbox on your Kat, you'll have yourself a serious Hotrod.

xa-mont
12-05-2011, 09:38 AM
i heard Kat's were for gay boys... :P

Just what i heard ;)

latheboy
12-05-2011, 10:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

Boy, you're in for a culture shock Matt !
Gone are the days of unreliability, poor handling & braking, no power & having people look down their noses at you - you own a Katana now, chicks will dig you.
If you spend half of the $$ that you spent on the Wogbox on your Kat, you'll have yourself a seriously ugly Hotrod.

:D

matt.e
12-05-2011, 11:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by xa-mont

i heard Kat's were for gay boys... :P

Just what i heard ;)

----------------------------------------------

HaHa yes I'm usually happy:D:D:D The old school Katana 1st gen are bad arse.

Nah won't be spending a great deal on that Kat. Well compared to the money pit that just kept on draining me. Well that's what I say now.

I haven't taken my girl 2up for years for a few reasons. Over the last few years Sydney has turned even more aggressive. Even though she loved riding on the duke, it could not have been comfortable. We're going to go out the Kat because of the lounge chair seat and length of bike but I want to bring it semi into the 21st century with things.

TurboKat
12-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Hey LatheFag, I'm gunna load up one of your Musket things with a ball of your own shit & shoot you in the face with it... then I'll reload for monty.
Get it right Fuckos - KATANAS RULE.

matt.e
13-05-2011, 06:30 AM
HaHa I just realised that latheboy had changed TurboKats response! Lucky I can lift heavy things!

Redmohawk
17-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Dukes sound cool but suck ass at the rest and cost far to much for this little black duck to ride, 900ss is floating around my work like a bad smell. I sold it but still cant get away from me.

A kat will be a nice change mate.

Never had a real one did have the baby one a few years back got me and the hotty on the back to philip island (430km) and most of the way home then dropped a main 30 km from home at 3 am on the freeway, figured the motor was toast anyhow (was bad sound real bad) push started her and rode the next 30 km at 40 kph with enough racket to wake the dead, and finally slamed the leftovers of conrod through bottom of block in the maccas driveway 500m from home lol

Treat em with love and a quarter or the cash you spent on the wog machine and it will love you like a $2000/hour hooker. Treat her bad and she will treat you like a $2 hooker lol