PDA

View Full Version : 25mm rear axle

bladehunter
06-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Ok guys, I thinking of getting a custom axle made but in true streetfighter fashion I figured I'd better see what's around to be modded, jumped on or plain old bodged.

So far the ingredients are
1:M model gsxr frame
2:K1 gixxer swingarm and other various bits thanks to Watto
3:Ducati Sport Classic rear wheel, all black & spokey yumminess
4:Various other bits to go with wheel.

Now said K1 Gixxer runs a 28mm axle and as try as I might I cannot get the 28mm axle to fit in 25mm bearings and I've looked there's no chance of doing a bearing swap.
Plan is to make some top hat spacers and use a 25mm axle. Now for some reason Ducati owners either wont part with information or don't know. Did a bit of research and word on the street points to CBR-929 using a 25mm axle.
If any of you esteemed gentlemen are aware of anything else or have a CBR axle to measure up I'd be a really happy camper. Cos once I've got a roller I reckon I might just be ready to start a build thread.
If not I'll have to trudge over to Metros and go thru the motions.
[xx(]

ALBI
06-05-2011, 06:38 PM
just nip into bunnings bloke ! grab some threaded rod and washers " make sue they are hardend ! you dont want it to fail !!"

and some nyloc nut's to suit and there you have it!
it's all right mate no need to thank me .

bladehunter
06-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Bunnings scans my head when I walk in and takes everything I want off the shelf.

Watto
06-05-2011, 06:50 PM
sounds the goods mate :)

sorry I don't know on the axle situ re CBR tho

BANDITROD
06-05-2011, 06:54 PM
I had a look around and word on the street is that the rear wheel bearings for a cbr929 are 25x47x12 so I'd say your spot on with there axle size mate

bladehunter
07-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Went to Metro's today, got given a box of axles to rummage thru while old mate had a look for a 929 axle. And fuck me they had one and it's bang on the length I need, maybe .5mm each side smaller on the bolt head, but it'll work for now. Sometimes you win :).

Mishdog20
08-05-2011, 11:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

I had a look around and word on the street is that the rear wheel bearings for a cbr929 are 25x47x12 so I'd say your spot on with there axle size mate

On the street's of Dangboola???:D

BANDITROD
09-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Red mist is gunna be up for a cock punch when I see him next

Mishdog20
09-05-2011, 09:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

Red mist is gunna be up for a cock punch when I see him next

Im gonna be able to out run ya now Big Fella...:DYour still gettin spine tapped though....[:p]