PDA

View Full Version : Metalwork...... what ya got ?

HOS
30-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Found this photo from a while back of three M6 x 110mm Ti driller/tappers they wacked in my femur 10 years back. Could feel the heads of em though my skin when I lay on my right in bed.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/HUMANHYBRID/IMG_1057.jpg

One bolt had bust in there as my femur collapsed by 2" over 2 years.
They decided to take them out altogether although they left the bust bit in there and left me for another year with no bolts and a collapsing femur :D

An hour before surgery to remove the bolts, they asked me if I could remember what bolt head they had used Allen or Star-key ffs !!!! lolol

What metal bits ya got then ? Just for fun ;)[:p]

BANDITROD
30-04-2011, 07:19 PM
I got a metal collarbone and I have plates ands screws from my leg somewhere I used some of the screws on a subwoofer box years ago though lol

bladehunter
30-04-2011, 07:37 PM
I've got a Ti rod thru the femur with a couple of screws to hold 'em place, been in for about 18 odd years now.

Shadowzone
30-04-2011, 08:32 PM
I've none at the moment, but if I go and play Rugby again I'll be getting 2 new knees which will involve cutting the bottom off the Femur and the top of the tibia and fibia and slamming a titaniumrod down the middle of the bone to hold it in place.

I'm still contemplating the idea of a comeback next season though as my Left knee with the rehab has come good as new and the right one is due for surgery in July. I guess some of us just don't learn...

LKC73
01-05-2011, 05:28 PM
I had in my Tibia and rod with 3 screws, and the Fibia a plate with 6 screws. Still got them around here some place.
1999 was when they were installed after a car thought my right leg would be better off in more bits then it already was.
Had them for 2 1/2 years and then Doc wanted them out. I'll take pic's and post them when I find them.

HOS
02-05-2011, 08:03 AM
quote:Originally posted by Shadowzone

I've none at the moment, but if I go and play Rugby again I'll be getting 2 new knees which will involve cutting the bottom off the Femur and the top of the tibia and fibia and slamming a titaniumrod down the middle of the bone to hold it in place.

I'm still contemplating the idea of a comeback next season though as my Left knee with the rehab has come good as new and the right one is due for surgery in July. I guess some of us just don't learn...

Got my own internal prosthetic, £12,000 worth of custom Ti engineering. But I`m looking at a new prosthetic ankle next, awaiting an appointment atm. Got some loose bone bits in the left ankle. I bust it in 2001, but no one noticed till 2006. Its my gear change foot.

Free NHS is one of the reasons I aint out there with you guys :(

xtmuz
01-06-2011, 03:42 PM
i've got 12 screw's and 2 plates holding my wrist together.
been there about 15 years now.... got to love racing dirt bikes.:)

nick76
01-06-2011, 04:23 PM
I have about 10 screws and a plate holding my collarbone together...

Dynomutt
01-06-2011, 06:13 PM
I have 2 plates and 11 screws in my left hand and a pin in the scaphoid. I shattered all 4 metacarpals, and all the bones in 3 fingers and the ulna and scaphoid in a bike smash. I had a load of wire removed from fixation of my patela after I snapped it in half, the wire got dislodged during another bike crash, I have so far broken, both ankles, 1 kneecap, my cocycx, 9 ribs, my sternum, 14 bones in my left hand and wrist,4 of them twice, my left thumb twice, 4 bones in my right hand, chipped a vertebrae in my neck, and broken my nose.

hooligan
01-06-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm full of titanium goodness hip to ankle in my right leg from when I broke all three bones in my right leg in 2009. Femur popped out, and also broke the tib and fib straight through. opened my eyes on the side of the road with my foot sitting near my hip. Rods in all 3, plus screw etc to hold them in, and to reattach the ligaments in my knee.

JDinOZ
02-06-2011, 02:07 PM
So do all you guys beep at the airport security or what?

Cruisecontrol
02-06-2011, 07:00 PM
No, I never beep at the airport.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/mintbread1/legx.jpg

sen
02-06-2011, 07:32 PM
No metalwork (except a tooth!), they just keep cutting chunks out of me and throwing them away (you probably don't want pics of that though) :D

DCRacing
02-06-2011, 08:03 PM
hmmm not much compared to some of you guys
a plate and 3 screws on the 5th metacarpal courtesy of tyre wall at Morgan Park
i will learn to go around corners one day

02-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Titanium is okay at airports.
Steel caps in yer boots aren't...

Big hunk of titanium holding collar bone and shoulder together. Fucknose how many screws. Had it whipped out two years ago and the useless nursing staff went and lost the lot.

Have broken way too many bones over the years. Panadol Osteo is my best friend.

ralph
05-06-2011, 11:05 AM
We could make something out of all of this scrap
I'd donate the ti in my head but it prevents the rest of my brains leaking out of my ear[B)]

JDinOZ
05-06-2011, 04:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by ralph

We could make something out of all of this scrap
I'd donate the ti in my head but it prevents the rest of my brains leaking out of my ear[B)]

Thats Nasssty

http://www.youthink.com/quiz_images/quiz1575outcome9.gif

HOS
06-06-2011, 02:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by JDinOZ

So do all you guys beep at the airport security or what?

Yes everytime.
And when going through Court scanners too.
I ask them if they want me to drop my pants so they can see my scars but they always decline.