PDA

View Full Version : hi from a pom on the gold coast

trumpy509
25-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Hi all, new member (but old b'stard) living on the gold coast. love streetfighters and they whole modyfied bikes thing, being from the Uk and doing the "bulldog Bash" every year for waaaaaay too long i miss seeing modyfied fighters buzzing around the place. catcha later

Elapid
25-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Welcome Trumpy.

trumpy509
25-04-2011, 11:27 PM
cheers mate. just waiting for my payment details to be emailed back and i'll be a fully paid up member, with more ideas than expertise and knowhow..... so no change there.

ozzy1100
25-04-2011, 11:29 PM
well and truly welcome mate your not the only nutter pom in the south east with that perticual fetish old boy lol

JDinOZ
26-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Welcome mate!

wackyrider
26-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Welcome mate. i reckon i should have stopped up around that area rather then Melbourne. It gets cold here!!

trumpy509
26-04-2011, 01:19 PM
yep, some great roads around here for a good blast, just need to watch the real popular spots over the weekend due to the increased intrest of the local cops....... wadya mean i need a rear reflector officer? and i always thought "not for road use" was just friendly advice!! great weather too, cept its pissing down now and wanna go for a blast around tamborine/advancetown :-(. Welcome to the madness indeed. Can anyone recommend a decent place for advice/servicing and bits on the coast? ive heard gold coast tyres are ok, but after working for a certain bike shop in springwood i'm a bit wary of the franchised dealers in that area.

Bob
26-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Welcome mate....

K6Thou
26-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Welcome along mate.

Jinx
26-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Welcome to the psycho ward Trumpy. Plenty of poms old and new on this website and some great ideas. Where ya from in the UK?

robmac
26-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Welcome mate

Gix11
27-04-2011, 02:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by trumpy509

yep, some great roads around here for a good blast, just need to watch the real popular spots over the weekend due to the increased intrest of the local cops....... wadya mean i need a rear reflector officer? and i always thought "not for road use" was just friendly advice!! great weather too, cept its pissing down now and wanna go for a blast around tamborine/advancetown :-(. Welcome to the madness indeed. Can anyone recommend a decent place for advice/servicing and bits on the coast? ive heard gold coast tyres are ok, but after working for a certain bike shop in springwood i'm a bit wary of the franchised dealers in that area.

Hi Steve
Sorry for the delay mate, I'm back on board today so I'll get your email answered ASAP.

Also, if you want servicing or advice go and see Ricky and the boys at Motorcycle Performance and Dyno Centre in Lawrence Drive in Nerang and tell them Si form ASF sent you, they'll help you out with whatever you need mate: www.mcdyno.com.au

JDinOZ
28-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Hey mate I just did exactly what Si said this morning and got awesome service and talked about idea's for my bike for ages. got heaps of inspiration now :) what im trying to say is: Yes go there, good service, good value and good crowd.

trumpy509
28-04-2011, 11:39 PM
sounds good mate, may have to pop down there this weekend, see wot the go is (need a service on me dirtbike too)
Hey Jinx i'm from wolverhampton, bout 25 ks from the center of birmingham. Gold coast will do for now tho :-)been in oz for 5 years now and lovin it.

Jinx
29-04-2011, 08:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by trumpy509

sounds good mate, may have to pop down there this weekend, see wot the go is (need a service on me dirtbike too)
Hey Jinx i'm from wolverhampton, bout 25 ks from the center of birmingham. Gold coast will do for now tho :-)been in oz for 5 years now and lovin it.

Wolverhampton aye. Slade came from there, bloody great band. So you're deffinately not a Brummy. A few of us are from the Midlands and there's even a couple here from Kidderminster :D. You made the right decision movin here. Great weather and great mates.