PDA

View Full Version : Contour HD vs Go Pro HD?

sen
14-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Anyone used them both?

Opinions?

Tempted to take up that offer in the other thread about the Go Pro, but the Contour looks a lot smaller and easier to mount on side of helmet.

JDinOZ
14-04-2011, 10:19 AM
I heard go pro was better, so I took mono up on his offer.
I reckon you can't go wrong with em I have heard so much good about them, Ill let you know more when I have it. :)

sen
14-04-2011, 10:29 AM
I've been googling around and for everyone who says the Go Pro is better, there's someone saying the Contour is better.

Seems most the guys here have Go Pro, so might just take up that offer and give it a shot.

kopyme
14-04-2011, 10:38 AM
I have got a gopro hd and love it... works great... one of my mates has a contour but havent seen the vid quality from it yet..

mozza
14-04-2011, 11:27 AM
I had a contour and they are crap, you need to install high end cards in them other wise the video breaks up and distorts, also the mic is way too sensitive. I know guys with the Gopro and they shit all over the contour.

fimpBIKES
14-04-2011, 12:24 PM
i have a tachyon XC, its pretty sweet
http://www.tachyoninc.com/xchd_2011.php
only downside is no viewing screen, but that means its smaller and tougher

oooh, i see they make a mini one too now
http://www.tachyoninc.com/xcmicro_2010.php

80s freak
14-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Just bought a Traveler mini dvr from Aldi today, $149. Lipstick cam with lcd viewer. the vid was a quick test to make sure it all worked.

MAKE SURE YOU TURN THE VOLUME DOWN! there was a bug in my editing software, so unless you want to make your ears bleed....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gGg0-z27sA

StuNVA
14-04-2011, 05:05 PM
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr volume.......

Surt
15-04-2011, 02:17 AM
so they dont record the sound?

80s freak
15-04-2011, 07:16 AM
They do record sound. You can use either the mic in the cam or the one in the dvr unit.

336LJ
17-04-2011, 08:42 PM
i bought a tachyon - mic is inside the thing so outside sound is muffled n shit - also the innards vibrate at certian rpm on my bike, so you get no sound of anything you want, and amplified sound of shit rattling, unless you make a mount other than what comes with them, which by the time you DO connect it all shakes too much cause of how mong it is,. i hot glued the mcfuck out of it and fixed it but my mate bought a go pro I think (lipstick cam with a screen on the control unit) and i wished I got one. tachyon however can swim and get thrown down the road which is a bonus - good for a back up cam if you get in a stack and they need to see how many flips you did. flawlessly - and with a soundtrack

MONO
19-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Hi guys n gals I have had multiple GoPro's for over a year now and have got so into them I have become a Dealer for GoPro, now despite all the add campaigns nothing beats experience.

There's a lot things you don't realize until you get a camera yourself

Here's just a couple of points to consider when buying a camera

:BUGS , ROADGRIME , MUD - with GoPros curved (protruding) lens an easy quick wipe with glove and it's clean again.

RAIN: With GoPros curved (protruding) lens water beads off from the center to the outside remember one small droplet of water on the lens can cover half the tv on play back.

MOUNTS: GoPro have mounts for everything and most of them are quick release or stickon which can be left on for later use (and their well priced )

BATTERY: Lasts around 2.5 hours an charges on any usb can get a wall charger (some phones and satnav's fit too)

VIDEO QUALITY: So clear you can read the speedo (DAM),once you've had HD you won't go back

SOUND: with the GoPro you get two backs one fully waterproof and one with slots, which is great for conversations etc

WARRANTY: Aust wide back up with all Aust purchases
Look any questions I will give you a honest answer

Even thou I'm a GoPro Dealer I also sell the contours (don't stock them because their dearer than the 960p and not waterproof)

I'm running a special in the comp thread or for anything else GoPro give me a PM

BTW the LCD backs are in stock now!!!