PDA

View Full Version : 2000 VTR1000F

336LJ
12-04-2011, 06:50 PM
I might be getting one as part of a trade for some other piece of shit, its pretty mint and has about 20,000k's
anyone know what they are worth, any common problems?

Gitzy
12-04-2011, 06:58 PM
I reckon $4k - $6k for that year model in good nick with them low kms.. I was only looking at them a few months back before I bought the TL.. Not sure on common probs, few people I've known who have had one, loved em.. Nudies has over 70000kms on it and still kicks ass..

Are you planning on selling it on, or keeping it??

Fighter it for sure..

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1280873113.jpg

xa-mont
12-04-2011, 07:02 PM
off topic... but what is with the 2 colour wheel thing? i have seen it on a few bikes.

Gitzy
12-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Lol not sure ask Nudie, I think he got bored one day.. if you can keep up with him, which is fckin hard they trip you out hey. very psychedelic..

Some Motard rims are dual coloured too, Alpina for instance, I think they look cool, but each to there own..

336LJ
12-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Okay some info, cant upload the pics cause photobucket has shit itself!?
Could very well be a member on here who owns it just not sure, says its insured for 8k but will take 7k ( with cash for what I'm flogging off)

2000 Model VTR1000F
998 V Twin- Full service history, Only run Shell full synthetic oil changed every 3000 kms, fresh service just done
48mm Flat side carbs jetted to suit pipes and air filter
K&N Air Filter
Dynotuned @ 120 Hp (over 20 more than standard)
Has run best of 11.7 (with me @ 120kgs)
Upswept Staintunes, debaffled. Awesome sound and bloody loud (as it should be :)..original standard pipes)
Bridgestone tyres. Full sticky on the front, dual compound rear, both less than 150Kms old
Red Eagle windlip screen (original clear screen)
Mini spear indicators
Rear seat hump
Shaved rear hangers (Pillion also currently fitted)
Cut down rear fender
Just under 20,000 kms
No accidents and never dropped.
solo hump + all genuine parts and only 20K since new with SC and 6 months reg

336LJ
12-04-2011, 07:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gitzy

Are you planning on selling it on, or keeping it??

Fighter it for sure..

Mate I'm not real sure hey - really need the cash, but to move this lump of junk early I could do the swap - just sick of shit boxes fucking up after I check em out and overlook something I should have thought about in the initial inspection.
I don't reckon I could sell something that tidy - but the first thing I'd need to do is fuck all that shit off the front of it tho, still yet to do that to my zx9!!

JackTar
12-04-2011, 08:18 PM
A chick I used to ride with rode a VTR, was an older model but the only problem she had was that we had to keep stopping for fuel all the time because the VTR had a tank the size of a can of baked beans.

336LJ
12-04-2011, 08:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

A chick I used to ride with rode a VTR, was an older model but the only problem she had was that we had to keep stopping for fuel all the time because the VTR had a tank the size of a can of baked beans.

hahah yeah shitty 12L tank or something, 01's went up to a 19L tank

lurch
12-04-2011, 08:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by 336LJ

quote:Originally posted by JackTar

hahah yeah shitty 12L tank or something, 01's went up to a 19L tank

I had an 01 for a couple of years and fucking loved it. The earlier models had a 16L tank and fuel economy is not great so range is prob their biggest issue. If you're coming from sportsbikes or are a 'fast' rider you might find the brakes and suspension a bit ordinary - not terrible, just not great.

Still miss it to this day, especially the twin rumble with Yoshis on it....

robmac
12-04-2011, 08:53 PM

Could very well be a member on here who owns it just not sure, says its insured for 8k but will take 7k ( with cash for what I'm flogging off)

2000 Model VTR1000F
998 V Twin- Full service history, Only run Shell full synthetic oil changed every 3000 kms, fresh service just done
K&N Air Filter
Upswept Staintunes, debaffled. Awesome sound and bloody loud (as it should be :)..original standard pipes)
Bridgestone tyres. Full sticky on the front, dual compound rear, both less than 150Kms old
Mini spear indicators
Rear seat hump
Cut down rear fender
Just under 20,000 kms

Has it been bored out 2mm because the standard donk is only a 996 according to redbook.....was it on ebay? I seem to recall the comment about how loud it is from somewhere?

336LJ
12-04-2011, 09:09 PM
reckon with those mods and k's its worth it? still can't put the pic up! shiiiiit!

336LJ
12-04-2011, 09:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by robmac

2000 Model VTR1000F
K&N Air Filter
Mini spear indicators
Rear seat hump
Cut down rear fender
Just under 20,000 kms

Has it been bored out 2mm because the standard donk is only a 996 according to redbook.....was it on ebay? I seem to recall the comment about how loud it is from somewhere?

hi mate, nah its not on ebay (that I know of) I didn't see it on there anyway, guy said he's an aircraft mech and did all the mods himself. I'm not sure what else, all these sorts of things are what I want to ask, de baffled staintuned pipes I think were the loud part?

Nudie
13-04-2011, 04:05 PM
For that model with those kays $7k sounds about right. Even if he's dragged it, they are pretty bulletproof. The only drama that pops up regularly is cam chain tensioners and I reckon a lot of people overly stress about them. Like Gitzy said mine's done 70,000ks and the CCTs are the originals.

336LJ
14-04-2011, 08:25 PM
finally...
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz168/Sarahpat85/MISC/IMG_3857.jpg

Large
14-04-2011, 08:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Nudie

For that model with those kays $7k sounds about right. Even if he's dragged it, they are pretty bulletproof. The only drama that pops up regularly is cam chain tensioners and I reckon a lot of people overly stress about them. Like Gitzy said mine's done 70,000ks and the CCTs are the originals.

Methinks maybe $5000 for an 11 year old bike that was never a $20,000 superbike to start with would be closer to the mark however many ks it has.

Nudie
15-04-2011, 06:30 PM
I agree. However, the ones with low kays are still pulling the $$$

The crow
19-04-2011, 11:04 AM
i've got an 05/06 mod with 45000 on dial bought it with 40000 on dial and got a steal at $6300 12 mths rego.. love it to bits just find the front a little soft which is quite common so either up the fork oil or change springs [ No Biggie } and ive got the 19ltr tank and get round 220 before hit reserve less if i up it but price u pay i guess. its also putting out around the 120 bhp mark. With two up just watch the front wheel it tends to come up even easier but overall love the bike and plan to hang onto for a while and further upgrades on the way including a pc3 on order ive also put the comfort kit conversion on it for distance runs.

Nudie
19-04-2011, 06:11 PM
pc3? or PS3?

It's got 2 big carbys not injection. Save your $$$ for computer games

The crow
22-04-2011, 06:36 AM
fuel injected carbie ... both honda and one of our other online supporters can both supply it no worries but i guess thats why im a xbox fan