PDA

View Full Version : Australian Wheelie Race Championship this Easter !

heathcotepark
07-04-2011, 04:19 PM
The management of Heathcote Park Raceway have announced $3000.00 in prizemoney for the Wheelie Race disipline at one of two massive new events on their annual calendar – Mayhem and Chaos. The first of these two new events takes place on the Saturday and Sunday of the coming Easter long weekend, April 23rd and 24th, 2011 and will feature a Motorcycle Wheelie Race Championship event.

This first event, called Mayhem, promises to deliver more of what Victorian performance enthusiasts have been asking for with a Burnout Pad, Powerskid competition, Go to Whoa, a dial your own Drag Racing comp, Demolition Derby and lots more.

Bike fans won’t be disappointed with our Wheelie Racing Championship event, that’s right Wheelie Racing – it’s just like a quarter mile drag race only on one wheel ! There's two classes, Pro and Amateur with the pros racing over the full Quarter Mile on the longest permanent Drag Strip in the country. Amateurs will race over a shortened 200m track, it's bike vs bike, lane vs lane, first past the post is the winner but you have do it all on the back wheel !

Rules and more information can be found on the Heathcote PArk website: www.heathcoteraceway.com.au and follow the links to the MAYHEM page.

We’ll also be ripping back the covers on our brand new Off Road Racing facility this Easter with a huge two days of Off Road and Buggy action, you’ll see every sort of vehicle here from the high end race teams down to the enthusiast level, smashing up our dirt track and tackling some awe inspiring jumps.

Saturday night action will include a Fireworks Display, Piwi 50 race, Demolition Derby, the awe-inspiring Firestorm Jet Van, Speedway Buggies and the Open Class Burnout Comp elimination rounds. An evening jam packed full of entertainment and topped off with a live band till midnight to keep the overnight campers happy.

Gates open 4.00 Friday April 22nd, for the weekend campers to get setup, with a Test n Tune session held on Friday night for the Drag Racers and Power Skidders. Gates close at midnight Friday night and re-open 8.00am on Saturday and Sunday for competitors and campers, Spectators are welcome from 10am on both days. Camp grounds close at midday on Monday April 25th.

More information can be found on the Heathcote Park website, a new online store offers competitors a range of online registration forms and they can pay their entry fees right there on the website with a credit card or with PayPal. Spectators can also purchase tickets in the online store with a one day pass or a discounted two day pass on offer. Check it out at [url]www.store.heathcoteraceway.com.au or visit our homepage and follow the links to the online store.

Chaos, the second of the two new events will be held in the summer months and will feature Victoria’s largest water sports park, complete with a Jet Boat Racing course and a Wakeboard facility, you heard me right – a Wakeboard Facility at Heathcote Park !

Get along to Mayhem and be a part of the entertainment revolution, two days of jam-packed motorsports with non-stop action from 10am till midnight across Saturday and Sunday of the Easter long weekend.
Heathcote Park Raceway encourages the responsible consumption of alcohol in designated areas only. Please don’t not Drink & Drive.

Camping facilities have been provided at a reasonable cost and across extra days to ensure both competitors and spectators do not have to leave the premises if they have been consuming alcohol.

ALBI
07-04-2011, 05:35 PM
i vote RUS to represent ASF !!!

Yella
07-04-2011, 07:34 PM
sounds like fun

pesh
12-04-2011, 03:08 PM
I think a fighter could take this out easily , its about power and speed not so much technique . totally spewin were stuck in china we would love to ride this

Rocket
12-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Fuck.
I'd have a crack at that if I was there.

timbo
12-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Well you billy and Morry get your arses over here

BANDITROD
12-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Fuck fuck fuck fuck

Mishdog20
12-04-2011, 09:17 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

Fuck fuck fuck fuck

I think ya might have a stuck fuck key there Rod...:D

BANDITROD
12-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Fuck fuck fuck fuck I reckon you might be right

MONO
12-04-2011, 09:59 PM
WoW more warning would have been helpful fuck fuck fuck fuck

pesh
13-04-2011, 01:07 AM
I reckon predator would go well in this rod hahah , specially turbo charged if you can get traction .
i reckon a stock thousand would kill this comp . a 400 meter power wheelie ain't that hard on a thou . well in reach of anyone who is willing to push the boundaries a little .

MONO
13-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Hey Pesh don't forget about a B-King..... but your excused everybody forgets about the B-King lol

Iceman
13-04-2011, 10:09 AM
It's amazing how we weren't allowed to hire the place for AFR, but now we are welcome to go to someone else's event.

KATO ZX7
13-04-2011, 11:36 AM
$100 to enter a Wheelie Race?
You'd want to be good, throwing that sort of dosh about.

fimpBIKES
13-04-2011, 12:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

It's amazing how we weren't allowed to hire the place for AFR, but now we are welcome to go to someone else's event.

asshats

rock hard
19-04-2011, 08:35 PM

Fuck fuck fuck fuck I reckon you might be right
i vote ROCKET... you can do it!!!!!!!

rock hard
19-04-2011, 08:37 PM

Fuck fuck fuck fuck
....you Bastards fuck.we get our arses kicked for wheelies...fuck ...fuck...thats it i moving EAST !!!!!!!!

BANDITROD
19-04-2011, 09:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by pesh

I reckon predator would go well in this rod hahah , specially turbo charged if you can get traction .
i reckon a stock thousand would kill this comp . a 400 meter power wheelie ain't that hard on a thou . well in reach of anyone who is willing to push the boundaries a little .
The Gix power wheelies like a mother fucker but I won't be able to doit it at the mo I'm still to fucked up

Pab13
20-04-2011, 04:50 PM

The Gix power wheelies like a mother fucker but I won't be able to doit it at the mo I'm still to fucked up

Just let Randle ride it mate:D

Mishdog20
20-04-2011, 06:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Pab13

Just let Randle ride it mate:D

Bahahahaha thats a pisser....:D

kevkatana
20-04-2011, 08:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Pab13

Just let [u]Kev</u> ride it mate[:p]

Booster
21-04-2011, 08:14 AM
I booked in for the drags, but never much good at the wheelies, not intentionally anyway ,
so after all this talk is anyone else going either to look or play

timbo
21-04-2011, 08:26 AM
im there on friday

BANDITROD
21-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Bunch of funny fuckers aren't ya

kevkatana
21-04-2011, 10:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by timbo

im there on friday

Drop in here afterwards. Only an hour away. Plenty of beer in da-fridge and stuff to sleep on.

BANDITROD
22-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Have fun fellas and do us proud booster

Booster
22-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Fun for sure, but performance wise it will be a slow one, riding a (Cough, Cough) trouble saying it... Kawasaki ... ;)

timbo
25-04-2011, 09:28 PM
What a top weekend got to put the ZXR down the strip with a PB of 11.2 @124 mph not to bad for a stock hight bike with big bars me thinks. Jet cars just rock and never get old. Some tuff drag cars to be seen along with a few good burnouts. Off road buggies with bike engines were a good watch. Jet cars burning some old shit box to the ground was a bit of a laugh. Dam cold at night but the Jim beam and beers kept me warm and to top it off i made the semi finals, took home some prize money but best of all i got a leg over two turbo bikes over the weekend FUCK YEAH I WANT ONE!!!!!!

rock hard
25-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Awesome Timbo..

Rocket
26-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Any videos of the wheelie races ?

timbo
26-04-2011, 01:44 PM
NO wheelie race they cancelled it after no one entered

Redmohawk
26-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Funny that, flat out on the back wheel down the quater with another bike somewhere about. Not to many silly enought to go past you at over 120 on the back wheel eh timbo ? lol

timbo
26-04-2011, 02:57 PM
There were only 8 bikes on the day two with long swing arms a 600 hornet zx14 sv650 mine yzf750 fighter and a turbo 1000 so while there were a couple of bikes that could enter the riders weren't happy to play the game. info on the rules were very few and far between. so what is a wheelie race a small 1st gear stand or a full pass on one wheel or something in between. If it was a smallish stand that would take the prize then i would have been all over it like Rod on a cup cake. Maybe next time with a bit more info and we can look at it again. I still had a blast and plan on going to the next one in November i think unless i cant wait that long and head out to Calder for there street meets on Friday nights

Redmohawk
26-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Yeah I went too broadford for the Honda bash was good , but dragged the boy along so was a little shorter than I would have liked. Next time i will plan for a kid free weekend and go too heathcote. Sewed up a new Double swag the other day, so camping with some company is now to be fun.

Booster
26-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Wheelie comp would have been won by that Cortina ,he did 200m or so before it got so high he backed off and slammed it down ... broke the front wheel and tumbled... ouch....

Great couple of days,good racing, band was ok ,cougar cold ,and ASF was very well represented
and the 14 went well ,best of 9.7 ,i'm beginning to like the Kawasaki a little ;)

MONO
26-04-2011, 09:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Redmohawk

Funny that, flat out on the back wheel down the quater with another bike somewhere about. Not to many silly enought to go past you at over 120 on the back wheel eh timbo ? lol

Hey that didn't stop you at AFR 09 Tim......oh that's right you need another 3 bikes around you ahahaaha

timbo
26-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Yeah i seam to remember that lol it always good to play with others Now just who was it that did a 12 sec pass against a sv650 on one wheel? good times lol

Redmohawk
27-04-2011, 06:01 AM
I singled out Timbo , as he did something similar to me think it was on the way to AFR10 haha. Might be a pattern there.

KATO ZX7
28-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Nice work timbo :D

Gsxar
29-04-2011, 10:38 AM
It was great fun!!!! Wondering now why it took me so long to have a go :D A lot of standing around not knowing what was happening as you couldnt hear the PA very good, but the staff was great & helped my nerves ;)

Gsxar
29-04-2011, 10:42 AM
http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp123/Gsxar-Jo/223247_10150161763709205_568154204_6795384_1246368 _n.jpg