PDA

View Full Version : zxr750 carb problem

pav69
04-04-2011, 10:40 AM
ok guys i have 95zxr750 carbs are stock when under hard throttle all is good ,when at constant speed mainly around town at lower speeds i can here a flutter in carbs just dosnt sound right but open throttle allgood a bit of popping on backoff but may need re-jet with pipe and filter any carby gurus got any advise cheers steve.

Yella
04-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Have you balanced the carbs lately?

pav69
04-04-2011, 01:11 PM
is it a commen problem with the kwackas yes they have been done but i think a dyno run to look at a/f ratio woulnt hurt when are u up this way next mate.

Yella
04-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Hoping to get up this week but may not be until the weekend.
Any carby bike can give you problems I did mine while I had it apart it was out a heap run so much better after I was done.

Skinner
04-04-2011, 05:42 PM
hmm mine had problems just like right after being balanced. I ran through a fair bit liqui moly carb cleaner through the fuel - it spat a fair bit of crap for a ride then revved freely w/no backfiring. Just a thought.

TurboKat
05-04-2011, 11:49 AM
You've got blocked pilot jets, it's a very common problem with Kawa CVKs, sometimes they get so much shit in them that you hafta clean the jets & circuits with a strand of cable, all the carb cleaner spray & compressed air in the world won't move it.

Hillsy
05-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Could also be worn emulsion tubes / needles. The emulsion tubes wear out in an oval shape and the fuelling gets irregular at lower RPM / partial throttle loads. Seems like the bike is kind of surging??