PDA

View Full Version : SPOILER ALERT - MotoGP

Hillsy
03-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Well, kinda....

I know you'd be pissed off if someone lost it in a tight passing manoeuvre and took you out of the race...

And I know you'd be livid if all the marshalls helped the other guy get back on his bike and not you......

But to say to a 9 times world champion "Your ambition outweighs your talent" when he's come to your garage to apologise is pretty funny.

Looks like Casey Moaner is back :D

kev@vcm
04-04-2011, 02:17 AM
i was wathing the GP tonite and yeah casey has some balls to say that to a 9 time world champion casey has huge balls of steel or is it moxy ? or stupididty?

fimpBIKES
04-04-2011, 08:16 AM
pretty interesting race to watch unfold
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/motorsport/moto-gp-mayhem-stoner-livid-after-rossi-crash-20110404-1ctiq.html

ive never seen stoner as upset as he was when he let it rip at the marshalls
pretty sure he was more pissed about them then rossi
you could see rossi's overtake was a clean move that should have stuck, the tyre went without any warning

how about poor old edwards! i was cheering for him to get a podium, he's earnt one thats for sure
looks like the tyres went off for everyone
lorenzo at the end was saying he had to force himself to go into each corner a bit slower every lap

i think the moto2 was an awesome race
casey's little mishap had nothing on the clash in moto2
and that bloke who pulled out of the slide while still mouthing off to the other guy UNBELIEVABLE!!!

DiscoDan
04-04-2011, 08:31 AM
I would not call that a clean move that should have stuck. It was wildly ambitious, have a look how far behind Stoner he was coming into the corner, either a) stoner was going really slowly, b) he was going to stick it under Stoner but push the front deep and run wide blocking his exit or, c) he was going to lose the front and crash because of poor judgement/red mist

Stoner has no real right to whinge about the Marshalls, they were helping the bike that was still on the desk (Rossi) because Stoner already had his bike picked up. Rossi was lucky his bike was still running and Stoner was unlucky his wasn't. Given they are both ment to have cutoff switches for when they are horizontal me wonders if the teams have been playing with when they cut out?

latheboy
04-04-2011, 08:43 AM
I think Rossie was never going to make that stick, looks to me he was trying push stoner off and well i guess he did...

Stoner's comment was billiant and rossie deserved it... Weak pick didn't even take his helmet off...

Hillsy
04-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Not bitter....much....[:0]

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq6/hillsythegreat/art_casey9-420x0.jpg

robmac
04-04-2011, 09:18 AM
That was the greatest brain fart Rossi has ever done. There was no chance that was going to stick coming from that far back, even with Stoner letting him go through.

Casey was rightfully pissed off and Rossi was well aware of this when he went to the pit after the race and kept his helmet on because even he expected a smack in the head.

Hopefully Casey can use it as motivation for the rest of the year and blitz them all!!

And can someone give Westy a decent fucking bike please!!

Snaffler
04-04-2011, 10:09 AM
to me rubbing is racing and shit happens!

rossi is known for his bold moves and rossi is one of stoners idles
and im sure if stoner was a better rider he wouldn't be about to be lapped and should of just got out of the way instead of try close the gap. 2 brain farts went on there and 2 came off, but stoner knows dont go try punch on with rossi coz he will just get bitch slapped [:p]

timbo
04-04-2011, 11:55 AM
AT what point was Stoner being lapped?
He was leading the race and the chipmunk tried a stupid move from way to far back and it was never going to work

boris
04-04-2011, 12:40 PM
After winning the season-opening Qatar GP last month for Honda, Stoner led Sunday's race with 20 laps to go when he and Rossi clashed and crashed to the track.

Snaffler
04-04-2011, 01:20 PM
my bad, passed

DiscoDan
04-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Great, now that you've clarified that we can all bash on you for making such a fucking stupid comment in the first place.

1. You have obviously never raced a bike in the wet
2. There's always someone who is willing to go faster in the wet, take bigger risks and very occasionally get the results. Usually they crash. In this race there are dozens of examples of good riders who pushed it too far and paid the price (Rossi, Spies, Simoncelli, Edwards, Crutchlow, Dovizioso etc etc)
3. The guy who got the 25 points raced smooth and fast but kept it in control as Stoner was most likely going to do
4. Are you saying that Stoner should have just gone faster than anyone else to avoid being nerfed from behind? Good strategy.
5. Sometimes it takes brains as well as balls to win. Anyone who has a world championship on their shelf obviously has more balls than you or I will ever have but in this race the guy who left his brains in the toolbox just plain fucked up.

rant over

Large
04-04-2011, 04:57 PM
http://resources.motogp.com/2011/04/03/crash_stoner_rossi003_slideshow.jpg

Check Rossi's hand gesture

bladehunter
04-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Will Stoner ever escape the cursed ducati front end ?

Snaffler
04-04-2011, 05:23 PM
so what was stopping stoner from rejoining the race other than he spat it coz they pushed rossi off first and then spat it at track marshals
when they did come to help him get his bike going.
im sure if stoner didnt sook like a baby and stayed on his bike the marshals would of got his bike going just like they did rossi..
and rossi went straight away to say sorry so what more does the little sook want? everyone who races makes mistakes..

nick76
04-04-2011, 05:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by Snaffler

so what was stopping stoner from rejoining the race other than he spat it coz they pushed rossi off first and then spat it at track marshals
when they did come to help him get his bike going.
im sure if stoner didnt sook like a baby and stayed on his bike the marshals would of got his bike going just like they did rossi..
and rossi went straight away to say sorry so what more does the little sook want? everyone who races makes mistakes..

The honda's are near impossible to bump start.Here's a quote from motomatters,

"Casey Stoner faced a much more difficult task. The Australian had cut the engine on his RC212V, to avoid any damage from the bike running on its side. But the Honda's fancy gearbox requires two pins to be inserted in the clutch to allow the engine to be started. It is possible to bumpstart the engine without these pins, but it is extremely difficult."

Snaffler
04-04-2011, 06:59 PM
ok so if it could not be restarted why the hell was stoner trying
to start it for on his own and then having a go at marshals for not helping him when he knows it would be to hard to bump start?
maybe stoner was to busy throwing hissy fits he forgot and then when he
remembered he thought it would be better to stand on the track waving and clapping at rossi as he goes past..

bladehunter
04-04-2011, 07:23 PM
FFS it can be restarted but it's fucken difficult.But not to even give it a go ? That's completely fucked up.

nick76
04-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Read again Snaffler, "It is possible to bumpstart the engine without these pins,but it is extreemly difficult"
Atleast he tried to start it and get going again.
Simoncelli couldn't get his going,neither RDP on the Ducati,and he tried for a while.
I think Rossi knew he was in too hot,and thats why he might of been still on/under the bike when they stopped,coz he didn't let go of his clutch??

Large
04-04-2011, 07:38 PM
You guys are missing the important stuff-

zSzQ2DHzGaM

bladehunter
04-04-2011, 07:43 PM
That's all well and good Large.

But somewhere someone is sick of putting with their shit. And being females they can get pregnant.

BUT THEY DO HAVE NICE BOOBIES :)

Large
04-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Rossi's hand grips are shaped like dildo's.

That's why he didn't let go of his bars.

bladehunter
04-04-2011, 07:50 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:IT_%28South_Park;_The_Entity%29.jpeg

Rossi's initial design for Ducati ?

Large
04-04-2011, 09:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hillsy

Well, kinda....

I know you'd be pissed off if someone lost it in a tight passing manoeuvre and took you out of the race...

And I know you'd be livid if all the marshalls helped the other guy get back on his bike and not you......

But to say to a 9 times world champion "Your ambition outweighs your talent" when he's come to your garage to apologise is pretty funny.

Or perhaps he's just getting better at playing the mind games that Rossi has been using for years?

I read today that Stoner was just quoting Rossi's own words (about Stoner) from a recent interview.

Rossi may be the best rider ever, but I hope he doesn't turn into another Schumacher "win at any cost" cunt

Specter
05-04-2011, 03:30 PM
i donno much about racing, but i don't blame stoner for being pissed at the marshells, yes get the bike off rossi, yes help him get going, it doesn't take 7 plus blokes to get him going, I don't know why it would take 7 blokes to get the bike off him, then for them to just go to walk away once rossi was gone only to realize stoner is still yelling for someone to give him a push... i would be pretty pissed too

Hagarr
05-04-2011, 07:02 PM
^^^^^^ I agree^^^^^^^^^^

Redmohawk
05-04-2011, 07:55 PM
All smells like Blue waffle to me, there all cunts there rich and can ride a fuckload better than me . But I go watch the fuckers every chance I get.

ozzy1100
05-04-2011, 08:08 PM
red i was happy never to have that in my head again u cunt blue waffle indead wish i never looked lol

gibbo
06-04-2011, 09:12 PM
I missed this whole race as I am away on holiday, where is the best place to download the whole race? Sounds like I need to watch it!

Deano
06-04-2011, 10:16 PM
If you look at the still pics of the crash you will see Rossi still had the clutch in so didn't need a bump start. The move was never on and I agree with one of the other guys that said that if you haven't raced or raced on wets for that fact your opinion about if he could make the pass etc carries little weight with me.

The incident is now under investigation so would expect Rossi to be penalized 10 grid places next round or his points from this race stripped away. I doubt stoner would idolize Rossi much these days

It was a desperate move from a guy in a desperate situation.

And who is to say stoner was not saving fuel/tyres and would have mounted an attack 15 laps later. You only need to cross the line first not lead the whole race. Even Jorge said they probably wouldn't have won if stoner didn't get taken out

sharky
07-04-2011, 07:59 AM
But Deano....since when have 'expert opinions' on forums ever come from those with experience of said event ? :D

Fish
07-04-2011, 09:47 AM
NEVER!!!!!! :D But that's what forums are all about aren't they?

lizard
08-04-2011, 05:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Hillsy

Well, kinda....