PDA

View Full Version : F1 at Bathurst

Large
24-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Old mate rings me at 11pm on monday asking if I wanted to go to Bathurst to see an F1 car go around.

I figured I've never seen a modern F1 car go around and it could be fun to see it go around Bathurst, besides I wouldn't get another chance to go to Bathurst for at least a week

Z5e7tpJYDmY

Doesn't even look like it's going, but it took nearly 20 seconds off the V8 lap record. I reckon it could have taken another 10 secs or so off the record as it was tapped out in top gear a third of the way along Conrod (needs a smaller rear sprocket methinks). Fucking loud enough to hear it all the way around the track. [8D]

sen
24-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Had a few mates go see this, they said it was awesome hearing it in person. Would love to go see the F1 one day.

And yeah, they said he wasn't even going at 80% capacity due to bad gearing and bumpy road, could've done heaps better.

Rumours are that apart from being a promotional thing, it doubled as a test to see how an F1 car handled Bathurst, as a potential future track? Could just be bullshit though.

Large
24-03-2011, 01:49 PM
There's only 22 F1 cars in a race and 36 or so huge garages available, so if the track was acceptable without any serious mods it could be done.

Except then the nsw gubmint would have to give that interminable cunt ecclestone $20 million or so a year to spend on 6ft12 women who once were men so they can coruscate through their dreary lives.

And that would piss me off.

boris
24-03-2011, 06:23 PM
that would make me go there but ya'd probably have to sit stacked 3 deep cos of the people there

Booster
24-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Imagine the cost of bringing the track up to F1 standard... Be well worth though... it as Melb seems to not care anymore about the F1 anymore

sen
25-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Yeah melb has made it clear they want it gone eventually, and are only really sticking through with it due to contractual agreements etc.

Would cost a bit to bring Bathurst up to spec, but it's not like F1 is lacking cash.

Large
25-03-2011, 12:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by sen

Yeah melb has made it clear they want it gone eventually, and are only really sticking through with it due to contractual agreements etc.

Would cost a bit to bring Bathurst up to spec, but it's not like F1 is lacking cash.

Bernie Ecclestone who runs F1 wouldn't put a cent in. F1 is popular enough that if you want to hold a round, you have to pay all the setup costs and throw another 15-20 million or so to the rights holders.

That's why Melbourne is going off F1, they make a loss every year on it

sen
25-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Ah really? Didn't know that... that's pretty fucked up.

Redmohawk
25-03-2011, 03:16 PM
On the local news the other day they were bitching about it, cost etc. Looks like Vic is loosing about 40 mil every year outa it after everything is counted including inputs for extra tourists/trade etc etc. I doubt NSW will do any better, we just dont have the population base in one spot to justify bothering with it. We don't attract enough bums on seats for the money, not while F1 holds all the cards rights etc.

" These car just keep going round and around its getting so fucking boaring ! "

MTBEERWAH
25-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Are you saying F1 is boring? I`ll prob get crucified on here for saying this ,but,i stopped watching racing in Austraila when it became V8 supercar.I don`t want to watch a 2 horse race, and want touring cars back, so every manufacturer can have a crack,and if a holden or ford gets beaten, stiff shit,cop it on the chin,or make a better car.
quote:Originally posted by Redmohawk

On the local news the other day they were bitching about it, cost etc. Looks like Vic is loosing about 40 mil every year outa it after everything is counted including inputs for extra tourists/trade etc etc. I doubt NSW will do any better, we just dont have the population base in one spot to justify bothering with it. We don't attract enough bums on seats for the money, not while F1 holds all the cards rights etc.

" These car just keep going round and around its getting so fucking boaring ! "

Redmohawk
25-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Is a quote from years ago, comedian playing race comentator think it was called " Wired world of sports" or something to that effect. And yep prity boring F1 is regulated up to its eyeballs to , granted not as bad as ford vers holden V8 supercar crap with all the same running gear bar motor and handicaps . Then manufactures of F1 cars shove on traction control computer controlled torque via G limit control etc etc all makes for really fast cars just going around and around like slot cars.

I love the super sedan class , if they brought back a real touring car race that would be great! A super class to run with them now that I would go watch! If i want to see good reasonably even car type racing I go to winton and watch formula ford. (usally runs the same day as super sedan )

MTBEERWAH
25-03-2011, 05:52 PM
totally agree with what your say`n. Now that you mention it , i remember " Wired World of Sports"
quote:Originally posted by Redmohawk

Is a quote from years ago, comedian playing race comentator think it was called " Wired world of sports" or something to that effect. And yep prity boring F1 is regulated up to its eyeballs to , granted not as bad as ford vers holden V8 supercar crap with all the same running gear bar motor and handicaps . Then manufactures of F1 cars shove on traction control computer controlled torque via G limit control etc etc all makes for really fast cars just going around and around like slot cars.

I love the super sedan class , if they brought back a real touring car race that would be great! A super class to run with them now that I would go watch! If i want to see good reasonably even car type racing I go to winton and watch formula ford. (usally runs the same day as super sedan )

g man
06-04-2011, 09:55 AM
who was driving the car ???

JDinOZ
06-04-2011, 01:48 PM
fuck that sounded sexy

sen
06-04-2011, 02:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by g man

Jenson Button.

Seifer
06-04-2011, 03:34 PM
possibly Lowndes

Shadowzone
06-04-2011, 04:31 PM
The Stig

Large
06-04-2011, 07:54 PM
I did a coupla laps

hyofighter
06-04-2011, 08:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

I did a coupla laps

id pay to see that , with all that failkart experience and all LOL , f1 round there would have been a awesome site , some footage of the last few corners before conrod would be good

Jockney Rebel
06-04-2011, 10:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by g man

me !!! lol

i wanna see touring cars .. close racing and no quarter given