PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy new cheap original engine parts?

MTBEERWAH
21-03-2011, 03:04 PM
How do,
In the process of slowly gathering parts for a Bandit rebuild, and of cause trying to do it as cheap as possible. Seen a few yankie sites that are about 50/50, some things cheap,some things dear,and want to sting you on post. I`m trying to get valves at the moment,and want ORIGINAL. Some prices from high 20`s to high 40`s. Theres got to be some better out there, any one in the know?
Cheers John.

robmac
21-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Don't know where to get cheap original parts but if you do find something in the states and the postage is a little on the rich side check out these guys
http://www.priceusa.com.au/index.html
Just used them to ship over a wheel bearing assembly for my car and it was a pretty painless process.

MTBEERWAH
21-03-2011, 08:25 PM
tar mate, i`ll look into that when i`ve found parts

greg mulligan
22-03-2011, 07:29 PM
try bike bandit

MTBEERWAH
22-03-2011, 09:48 PM
thanks mate, their the cheapest i`ve seen so far
quote:Originally posted by greg mulligan

try bike bandit

jmw76
23-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Best Ive found so far is Part Shark for standard, genuine Suzuki bits. They were cheaper than Bike Bandit when I was looking last. Freight can be a pain. Sometimes you have to wait a while.
I also know of others that have lost stuff in transit.

MTBEERWAH
23-03-2011, 03:23 PM
who`s the problem here, Part Shark or Bike Bandit for loosing shit?
quote:Originally posted by jmw76

Best Ive found so far is Part Shark for standard, genuine Suzuki bits. They were cheaper than Bike Bandit when I was looking last. Freight can be a pain. Sometimes you have to wait a while.
I also know of others that have lost stuff in transit.

jmw76
26-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I meant, I know of other individuals who have lost their purchases in transit.
I do not believe the problem is isolated to any particular supplier.
The lower cost freight methods tend to take longer to deliver and are higher risk.
That said I have not had an experience with items getting lost.