PDA

View Full Version : AFR Awards

Iceman
20-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Ok kids it's that time of year again, time to give credit where it's due and hand out some awards to our resident nutters.

In years gone by we have had both forum and bike awards. Normally about a dozen trophies all up. A few of the categories have remained unchanged since the start and I would like to see them remain, some of the others have been chopped and changed and therefore are once again open for debate.

I think the categories we should keep are : -
Best overall fighter
Best old skool fighter
Best shed built fighter
Biggest tool
Bling king award

Now seeing as trophies need to be made in advance, (and I'm looking for a volounteer to arrange for this to happen), we need to decide what the categories will be this week. So get your thinking caps on people and make some suggestions.

kev@vcm
20-03-2011, 09:56 PM
PM Sent mate

Iceman
21-03-2011, 05:34 AM
PM replied

Iceman
22-03-2011, 05:32 AM
Big thanks to Kev, who has offered to help out and sponser this year's awards.

Anyone got any ideas for other categories? I've got a few, but unless you lot want to see a "Best turbo GS 500 in attendance" category I would start throwing some ideas around.

In the past we have based some of the bike awards on year, capacity, style. All suggestions welcome......

Fight_fan
22-03-2011, 06:07 AM
If ur gonna have best old skool, u gonna do new skool as well?

Iceman
22-03-2011, 06:10 AM
Yes Lance I believe we will. I would like to hear what everyone thinks is the cut off date. I think we went with 92 in the past, but I think it's more styling related rather that year of manufacture.

kev@vcm
22-03-2011, 06:58 AM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

Big thanks to Kev, who has offered to help out and sponser this year's awards.

Anyone got any ideas for other categories? I've got a few, but unless you lot want to see a "Best turbo GS 500 in attendance" category I would start throwing some ideas around.

In the past we have based some of the bike awards on year, capacity, style. All suggestions welcome......

well you need to let me know how many all told mate and AFR is comeing up so dam quick

Fight_fan
22-03-2011, 09:12 AM

Yes Lance I believe we will. I would like to hear what everyone thinks is the cut off date. I think we went with 92 in the past, but I think it's more styling related rather that year of manufacture.

Yeh it was '92. Im inclined to agree tho, I think its more styling related as well!

hooligan
22-03-2011, 09:48 AM

does it have to be a year? old could be oil cooled, new could be water cooled - not just the gixxers of course.

Iceman
22-03-2011, 10:18 AM
we can work it out later, at the moment we really need to sort out what categories we are having.

LKC73
22-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Iceman, I have no idea what you guys had total in the past. But maybe have things like best paint (stock Colour) Best paint (air brushed) Best fighter headlight, best euro style, best stock parts used, best mixed parts used. I dont know how many awards you are looking at having, but there just a couple of my thoughts of the top of my head.

K6Thou
22-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Is there or should there be an award for best rat bike ???

fimpBIKES
22-03-2011, 09:08 PM
how about a '82 cut off date?? LOL

ALBI
22-03-2011, 11:48 PM
i know how about the best blue fightered TL1000S built by a knob!!!

ALBI
22-03-2011, 11:51 PM
might be a tad late for AFR but how about the anual grand champian award "for the member who does the most "ie most rides and shows attended

Iceman
23-03-2011, 06:17 AM
This needs to be sorted asap, here's my list.
FORUM AWARDS-
Most helpful
Biggest tool
Best pic
Best tech advice
Post whore
BIKE AWARDS-
Best shed built fighter
Old school fighter
New school fighter
Best overall fighter
Bling king
Most progress in the past year
Best non-fighter

Ultimatley it's up to you guys, but Kev needs a decision very soon.

Gitzy
23-03-2011, 06:22 AM

FORUM AWARDS-
Most helpful
Biggest tool
Best pic
Best tech advice
Post whore
BIKE AWARDS-
Best shed built fighter
Old school fighter
New school fighter
Best overall fighter
Bling king
Best non-fighter

All of the Above thumbs up.. pretty much covers everything..

sharky
23-03-2011, 06:24 AM
Looks the goods mate.
I reckon 'old school style'....ZRX,Zephyr,GSX14,XJR's...all old school style muscle bikes...

Fight_fan
23-03-2011, 06:45 AM

FORUM AWARDS-
Most helpful
Biggest tool
Best pic
Best tech advice
Post whore
BIKE AWARDS-
Best shed built fighter
Old school fighter
New school fighter
Best overall fighter
Bling king
Best non-fighter

Ultimatley it's up to you guys, but Kev needs a decision very soon.

Perfect! Jst run with that!

mozza
23-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Congratulations Pete on your award, your a shoe-in for the "Biggest Tool" award :)

Gitzy your a short priced favourite for "Post Whore"

ALBI
23-03-2011, 11:50 AM
id take those they are all good

oldskool
23-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Shane you are a very funny man I wish I could see into the future thats a great talent.
btw you have one of the nicest bandits Iv seen.

RevHead
23-03-2011, 05:31 PM
its all good guys.you GUNNA guys ,,i was GUNNA go ,
i was GUNNA ride,,
you need a, GUNNA ride trophie;
cause all you do is complain and your GUNNA ride one day
keep up the GUNNA work boys
[B)]

timbo
23-03-2011, 06:08 PM
how about you gunna shut your face ?

RevHead
23-03-2011, 06:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by timbo

nah its not directed at you fella its ok for these 2 bozo,s to put shit on me so they can wear a bit back,,,i will be there,,,
flaming one because he,s having his say,good work guys,

mozza
23-03-2011, 07:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

quote:Originally posted by timbo

nah its not directed at you fella its ok for these 2 bozo,s to put shit on me so they can wear a bit back,,,i will be there,,,
flaming one because he,s having his say,good work guys,

COME IN SPINNER :D You really need to relax Pete and understand why people take the piss out of you soo much. You continue to bite everytime mate, chill out and have some fun with it. Same thing with your paint thread and my ride thread, you take up the fight too easy.;)

RevHead
23-03-2011, 07:28 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ sorry ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

EFE 1230
23-03-2011, 07:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by mozza

You really need to relax Pete and understand why people take the piss out of you soo much.

Coz he's got bright orange wheels on his bike??

oldskool
23-03-2011, 10:41 PM
And he sits down to piss.
I was GUNNA back off but I ain't GUNNA, read a book or two Pete and learn to get some fire in your fingers its fun once you pass vegi english.
Must have been a bitch being held back in Kindergarten, did they tease you?

ALBI
23-03-2011, 11:41 PM
you lot better not take this piss out of me because of my bright blue wheels then hmmmmm

80s freak
24-03-2011, 06:48 AM
Back on topic now.
I like your thoughts on trophies Clint, but must say I agree with Fimp about the '82 cut off for old skool. bahahaha.