PDA

View Full Version : the flat trackers build has begun

Jockney Rebel
09-03-2011, 07:49 PM
not strictly a fighter but hey fuck it
Take one seemingly innocent XS650 of 1978 vintage and moderate power
strip it of all the unneccesary shite paint it vivid yellow and hit the road ..loudly ..
so far weve just stripped all the stuff off thats either not required or doesnt work ..and found a few surprises along the way like the wiring looms been butchered and theres no fuse box lol
clutch was completely seized ,but the bores are in wicked condition and the gearbox is sweet sooooo...on with the show

pics soon

Gitzy
09-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Yess On with the show indeed..

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1554/mrburnswallpaper.gif

Looking forward to this one Jim..

Jockney Rebel
09-03-2011, 08:12 PM
http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy350/jockneyrebel/09032011013.jpg

Jockney Rebel
09-03-2011, 08:15 PM
up on the shelf behind you can see the 2into1 loudness exhaust just been painted the sidepanels are getting the black treatment too but the tanks going classic yellow with speed blocks she may not be the fastest bike at this years NFR but shell be the fuckin coolest

whats happened so far and whats going to happen

acewell round speedo
cafe racer type headlamp ears
new 7"round lamp
new seat [or an old one recovered by the big yin down in sydney]
wire wheels to be polished ans spokes painted
fork brace fitted [it needs one trust me ]
custom paint
polished engine cases
refurbed bloody loud exhaust
new rubber
brembo master cylinder [already fitted ]
yellow stainless brake lines
and thats about it

right on to the blagging ....i need
switch gear [anything from the last century will be better than whats on this old girl but yam stuff fits
a set of GSX1400 or XJR shocks
a VTR250seat and tail OR RDLC seat and tail unit
fork brace

Swordsy
09-03-2011, 10:01 PM
I've got a VTR250 seat, tail and sub frame that require a little tlc if you want them.

Fight_fan
10-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Cant wait to see some progress on this! Its gonna be WAY cool!

Jockney Rebel
10-03-2011, 01:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Swordsy

I've got a VTR250 seat, tail and sub frame that require a little tlc if you want them.
ta ill have em

Jockney Rebel
10-03-2011, 01:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Cant wait to see some progress on this! Its gonna be WAY cool!
itll be finished in a month or two and the missus can get on it the trumpys spending next year down in SA with my bro soo ill have this for a year and then itll be sold on to pay for the next project lol

Jockney Rebel
10-03-2011, 02:01 PM
and in the words of the prophet ....fuck Deus i can do it cheaper [with a lot of help from the moto custom dood]

Yella
10-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Sweet can't wait to see the finished product, Great project I was thinking of doing a flat tracker at sometime in the future

Swordsy
10-03-2011, 04:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

ta ill have em

PM Sent

Jockney Rebel
10-03-2011, 04:54 PM

ta ill have em

PM Sent
ta mate
never got the pm[or maybe im getting senile ]but heres me fone number 0420436039

kev@vcm
10-03-2011, 05:27 PM
hey whats this BIG YIN shit you OL GIT , what happen to the flat tracker rear coul you were lookin at ?

Jockney Rebel
10-03-2011, 07:27 PM
too expensive ,too common and i have another idea a vtr seat tapers off at the rear nicely and of course some big git down in the smoke s gonna attempt to make it look nice lol

DiscoDan
10-03-2011, 09:01 PM
seen these ones?

http://www.redmaxspeedshop.com/flattrack-bike-parts/flattrack_parts_seats.html

Good range and decent price

Fight_fan
11-03-2011, 06:39 AM
That is an awesome link Dan! Cheap too!

Jockney Rebel
11-03-2011, 07:16 AM
ta dann ill have a look at shipping costs looks great im still gonna try the VTR seat tho

RevHead
11-03-2011, 07:21 AM
wots wit the gixer jimmy

Jockney Rebel
11-03-2011, 08:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by revheadpete

wots wit the gixer jimmy
not mine pete this is in motocustoms garage hes doin the paint and polishing [ done a deal with a few things] ....

kev@vcm
11-03-2011, 08:49 AM

too expensive ,too common and i have another idea a vtr seat tapers off at the rear nicely and of course some big git down in the smoke s gonna attempt to make it look nice lol

yeah jimmy i have some pink crushed velvet to do your seat in mate its going to loo a treat

Jockney Rebel
11-03-2011, 08:53 AM
quote:Originally posted by kev@vcm

yeah jimmy i have some pink crushed velvet to do your seat in mate its going to loo a treat
nah mate i dont want that stuff youll need it for yer cod piece

kev@vcm
11-03-2011, 08:56 AM

quote:Originally posted by kev@vcm

nah mate i dont want that stuff youll need it for yer cod piece

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA