PDA

View Full Version : How does it work....... ?

Beaza
09-03-2011, 03:04 PM
......in Victoria ?
Lost my 12 demerit points and elected to go for the 'keep ya ticket and dont lose another point for 12 months, or we take ya ticket, kick ya dog, and break ya watch option'. What the fuk happens if you survive the 12 months without losing a point?
Do ya get the full 12 back, or does it go back to where it was?
Buggerd if i can work it out, fukin vic roads web site doesnt even tell!:(

latheboy
09-03-2011, 03:20 PM
I don't know, but a mate of mine did the same thing then got done so lost his licence for 3 months i think.. He went OS for that time and when he got back he was licenced again...

Well for 5 days anyway, they took it off him again for something or other... haha poor bastard...

damo1
09-03-2011, 04:35 PM
If it's the same as NSW you get your full 12 points back after doing your 12mth stint with 1.

Swordsy
09-03-2011, 05:58 PM
NSW you get your points back after the 12 months, but if you stuff up, they double how long they take your licence away for. so if it was going to be a 3 month suspension, its 6 months wiht no licence.
No idea if VIC runs the same system or not.

Swordsy
09-03-2011, 06:18 PM
quote:Options available

Option 1: Keep your permit / licence
You can elect to keep your licence but you must not accumulate any other demerit points during a 12 month period specified on your option notice or your permit/licence will be suspended for double the time that it would have been suspended under option 2.

If you choose option 1 you should call VicRoads on 1300 555 325 (this automated service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week) and confirm your option selection at least seven days before the option 2 suspension is scheduled to commence.

Option 2: Suspend your permit / licence
If you choose option 2 you do not need to respond to the option notice. Your licence suspension will start on the date specified in this notice. The suspension period will be three months for the first 12 points (or 5 points if you have a learner permit or probationary licence) plus one month for every additional four points listed in the option notice.
A demerit point suspension cannot be imposed or operate concurrently with any other licence suspension or cancellation.
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Licences/DemeritsAndOffences/DemeritPointsAndFines/

skoerbin
09-03-2011, 08:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by Swordsy

NSW you get your points back after the 12 months, but if you stuff up, they double how long they take your licence away for. so if it was going to be a 3 month suspension, its 6 months wiht no licence.

exactly the same as qld so i would assume the same in vic?

from what i understand after you complete the 12 months you start with a clean slate

Beaza
10-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Hope you are right guys !
Swordsy, i saw that on the website, but they dont say if you start fresh with your 12 points.

kevkatana
10-03-2011, 03:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Swordsy

That's the same here in Mexico. Just catch the bus for three months, no stress and start again or don't ride for 12[:0]. They do try to catch ya out on the one point deal. Shifty bastards!

Large
10-03-2011, 03:50 PM
If you do go the twelve months 1 point route, you can honestly say you've never had your licence suspended....

Rocket
10-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Over here in W.A. its called double or nothing.
If you get pinged within the 12 months, you lose your license for 6 months instead of the original three.

Fish
10-03-2011, 08:09 PM
You could try here : http://www.howstuffworks.com/ :D

_M_
10-03-2011, 08:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

If you do go the twelve months 1 point route, you can honestly say you've never had your licence suspended....

Very important for insurance aswell, always if you think you can go the one point for 12months, or expect to be penalised by your insurance company

BANDITROD
11-03-2011, 09:02 AM
Yeah I have done the 1 point for 12 thing and i made it just I put all my camera fines in my wife and mothers name so if I was you I would start bring nice to your mum she may come in handy in the next 12 months oh and I got all my points back aswell