PDA

View Full Version : GSXR1100 electrics dead need help!!!

Foxy
15-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Ok, so the bike is stripped down and out of petrol so I filled her up fired her up, it stalled a few times had it running then it stalled again.

I then turned it over again then everything went dead.

It won't turn over and all electrics are dead, not even the neutral light is comming on.

I replaced all the fuses with new ones I happend to have floating around but thats clearly not the problem.

Anyone got any idea on whats going on?? It's almost like it has no battery connected (the battery is fine btw)

15-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Have you checked the earths?
Are you getting power through to the fuses? If so then you're not getting a reiable path to earth, if not then you've got a problem with the main lead or fuse panel itself.
Sounds like there is a dodgy connection/broken wire in the system

Deano
15-03-2007, 10:04 PM
have you checked the basics like the connection of the ignition barrell.

do you have any power at that connection?

do any of the relays turn on at all when you turn on the ignition switch.

do you have a starter relay on it (my watercooled looms do) and if that relay is stuffed then it dont power up the loom or the starter. if you have one i would check the power in and see if you have power out the other side.

good luck

TurboKat
16-03-2007, 06:57 AM
HMMMM.... I don't remember you having these sort of problems when you owned a KAWASAKI Fox. :(

Gix11
16-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Sounds like something came loose. If it was running ok and then just stopped it could be the earth lead off the neutral terminal. Check that out for rust and if it's come away.

devo
16-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Or have a look under your Battery box after you check the battery
leads and the earthe lead to your engine.
Under the battery box is a funny looking white circle with a red button in the middle. Push it this is like a safety switch.
See how you go.

16-03-2007, 11:27 AM
I thought that was the self-destruct switch, for when the owners finally get round to getting a Kwaka :D

Foxy
16-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Sorry I haven't replied, been busy fixing it, Deano was on the money, the starter relay seemed to be the problem, stole the one off the 750 loom and plugged it in (fuck its in a shitty spot!!! took about 5 minutes to fix and about 3 hours to take the old one out and new one in!!) Problem solved.

Now next question, what would be causing it to back fire??? Do these things take regular ULP?

Gix11
16-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Always use the highest octane anyway Foxy you cheap arse.........:)

cutcat
16-03-2007, 04:10 PM
I think the problem will be at the triple clamps. In the middle there's a thing that is long and serated and it turns in a slot. Try turning this thing to the on position.

16-03-2007, 06:03 PM
If your WOT,then back off and she back fires,(like goin thru hard fast twisties),then your probly just a bit richer thaN standard on the needle clip position... more info rerquired on the backfire mate???

Deano
16-03-2007, 08:06 PM
where does it back fire. is it just on idle or free rev. is it on a shut throttle after a blip?

or under load?

i had shano's carbs on my bandit motor the other day and they were causing a irregular backfire/miss through the carby.

balanced them and its all good.

every 5-10 sec when it would missfire it would nearly stall the motor but not quite.

had a play with the tune on my fighter on monday and when i put the carbs back in it back fired every now and then, running very rich with huge flames out the zorst. I cured the problem by putting in the pilot jet in No1 carb that was still sitting on the bench.