PDA

View Full Version : written off vehicle NSW rule change

Yella
27-02-2011, 01:58 PM
http://www.damaged-vehicles.com/resources/written%20off%20vehicle%20reform%202011.pdf

This is a pain in the arse :( but means good track bikes should be cheaper and plenty of parts at wreckers. Not sure but I have read different things it mat not be fully introduced yet and one story I read said it maybe reversed at the next election

nick76
27-02-2011, 02:06 PM
So the magic date for anyone that has a repairable write off,written off before the 31st of Jan 2011,will have to have bikes fixed and re-rego'd before the 31st of Jan 2013,otherwise they'll be re classed as a Statutory write off.
Atleast they've given people plenty of time to sort bikes out!

nick76
27-02-2011, 02:09 PM
This is off the RTA page;
What if my motor bike has cosmetic but no structural damage?
If you have a motor bike that was written-off on or after 31 January 2011 with non-structural damage, you can apply to the RTA for Authorisation to Repair.

Whats this mean?? I guess a scratch on the swingarm/frame is regarded as structually damaged??

Large
27-02-2011, 05:37 PM
This is what pisses me off-

quote:What types of vehicles do the laws apply to?
The laws apply to NSW light vehicles up to 15 years old, including cars, trailers, caravans and motor bikes.

My '00 ZX12R didn't need any of this inspection crap...untill now.

Kristy Kunteely can eat my 3 onion turds!

Can they even bring these laws in before the election? Didn't they progue parliament last year?

Cunts.

Yella
27-02-2011, 05:47 PM
I was thinking of this but it all looks a little hard may have to give it a miss

http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-Vehicles-Motorbikes-Parts-motorbikes-motorcycles-scooters-motorbikes-motorcycles-parts-Honda-VTR-SP1-Repairable-write-off-W0QQAdIdZ259771300

fimpBIKES
28-02-2011, 11:19 AM
so previously written off but now repaired vehicles are still ok?

it wont worry us too much, as long as dumb-fucks who cant ride keep buying the latest litre-bikes and dont get insurance
then we will just pick up the damaged ones on ebay :D