PDA

View Full Version : sydney fowles auctions

pt
15-06-2006, 05:38 PM
i spotted this> http://www.fowles.com.au/auctions/lot.aspx?auction=DSS145&number=1964062
in the catalogue for the fowles auctions on the 21st at smithfield. just wanted to know if anyone is going and if they are could they tell me how much it goes for? wouldn't mind it for parts, but as luck would have it i can't make it out there on that day/probably don't have the cash anyway. last time i went to a fowles auction all the late model sportsbikes went for waaaay more than they should have. maybe a 96-00 gixxer 600 is too old for those fix em up-sell em up blokes now? does anyone know if you can check how much things went for after the auctions over cause the site doesn't seem to have anything like that.

Booster
15-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Depends on the auction
I brought a 96 gsxr 750 6 weeks ago at Fowles Melb for $2300
Twisted front tripple lower , cracked fairings,broken footpeg brackets, twisted tailframe. Fixed easy and hit the track at Winton a week later .
Helps if you can pick how damaged it is . Pics of the bike don't help much but i think it has bent forks, not as much of a problem with these forks as upside down , USD forks are stronger and can bend frames easier.
Grab your cash, chuck a sickie and check it out you may get a bargain , but decide what you think its worth to you before bidding starts, and there's always another auction.

pt
15-06-2006, 09:53 PM
yeah i'm not sure how much it's worth but by the looks of it most of the fairings are gone so that might turn people away. and it's an exam i have to do so i can't miss it. i only really want the wheels tank engine and carbies so it would probably be a waste of my money[V]

Booster
15-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Exams are less forgiving!
Mid 90's bikes usually go fairly cheap , everyone wants the latest &greatest,
Buying a complete bike at auction & selling off what isn't needed should get you what you want at the best price

pt
20-06-2006, 03:26 PM
no ones going? anyone know how i can find out how much a bike sells for?

speeddemon
20-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Some later model stuff is a rip off...really depends how many lebs and wreckers bid on it on the day.

pt
20-06-2006, 06:59 PM
yeah i'd go so far as to say ALL late model sportsbikes are a rip off there. and i think it's more lebs (gangs of "middle eastern appearnce") than wreckers. was last time i went anyway:(

speeddemon
20-06-2006, 07:53 PM
I only mentioned wreckers to make the lebs feel better!

When the wreckers stop bidding I say bid $100 more and call it quits.

speeddemon
20-06-2006, 07:54 PM
So r u going to the auction then???

pt
22-06-2006, 09:50 AM
nah didn't go had an exam. but it's over now. siiiiiiiiiiick[8D]