PDA

View Full Version : Bulahdelah rock, rattle'n' roll - classic autofest

Zooks
17-02-2011, 01:18 AM
<center>It's on again </center>

The 2nd annual Bulahdelah rock, rattle 'n' roll - classic autofest will take place in Meade St Bulahdelah on Saturday 19 March 2011. The first show in 2010 was such a HUGE success that this years show is going to be 'standing room' only.

With dozens of Hot Rods, muscle cars, vintage classics, motorcycles and trucks on display this auto 'extravaganza' has a distinctly country town feel as Bulahdelah welcomes motoring enthusiasts from all over NSW. Last years show had 100 vehicles and was so popular that this years show is expected to be double or triple that.

This years show will have - hot rods, muscle cars, motorcycles, trucks, vintage and veteran classics, market stalls, live music, food, drinks, games and prizes for the adults, camel rides, jumping castle and face painting for the kids and a whole heap of laughs and good fun.

To top off a great day, as the sun sets the local rock and roll dance group have organised a rock and roll dance in the Bulahdelah School of Arts Hall from 6pm till late. This is already attracting HUGE attention with people coming hundreds of kms to spend the night dancing to the grooves of popular Newcastle trio Jumpin' Jukebox.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE !!! This years autofest has joined forces with the 10th Anniversary of the famed Bulahdelah Hillclimb. This classic time trial event sees competitors come from all over the state to race the clock along a twisty section of Wootton Way - the infamous 'Old Pacific Hwy' just north of Bulahdelah. Thrills and spills aplenty are always guaranteed as some of the world's fastest cars (from the 1940's to modern day) traverse the twisty bends and don't always make it.

And - the icing on the cake - Rodders Life will be here for the weekend filming for their much loved cult TV show. So bring your hot rod, muscle car, classic or race car to Bulahdelah for the weekend and you might just get it on TV. It's going to be crazy.

Check out http://www.bulahdelahevents.com for more details and for special accommodation packages being offerred for this action packed, fun filled weekend.

PS: I'm organising pretty much this entire 'odyssey'. I'd really love to have a heap of cool bikes here over the weekend to show these hot rod and muscle car guys what motorcycling is all about. It'll only cost you $7 to enter the show 'n' shine and I can guarantee that the prizes are worth a hell of a lot more than that. It's gonna be a very cool weeekend (and that's truth, not a sales pitch).

Big Dan
28-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Ok talked to SuzukiFighter and his in a mate of ours Bubba is in ( yet to join ASF poor bastard wouldnt know how to turn a computer on:D) and sent emails to Duster and NinjaGrly so hopefully there in too.
Any other Newy blokes going we can meet up somewhere if you want and ride up together. After a look at the show we are going to do a lap out around foster.[8D]

Bubble Boy
28-02-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm comiong and my mate Goyle is coming up from Sydney too

Zooks
01-03-2011, 08:11 PM
SWEET!!!

Zooks
01-03-2011, 08:21 PM
If any of you guys want to hang about a bit longer I'd love you to enter your bikes in the show 'n' shine. There'll be some great prizes up for grabs.

Big Dan
07-03-2011, 01:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Zooks

If any of you guys want to hang about a bit longer I'd love you to enter your bikes in the show 'n' shine. There'll be some great prizes up for grabs.
you havnt seen our bikes up close yet Zooks:D:D:D

Zooks
12-03-2011, 09:48 PM
I've got a 'Best Modified' category especially for fighters, customs etc.

Big Dan
19-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Well done Zooks had a good look around today mate i hope that triumph hurricane got a trophy that thing was cool
As for the cars i would of picked the HQ 2 door (sorry im biased ive got one) and that VK Brock commodore over near the food van was mint.
Didnt see any other guys with ASF shirts on there did any go?

ALBI
19-03-2011, 06:28 PM
couldnt go boys had to prep and paint tls wheels and do callipers even couldnt go to maitland bike show either ??

Zooks
21-03-2011, 11:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Dan

Well done Zooks had a good look around today mate i hope that triumph hurricane got a trophy that thing was cool
As for the cars i would of picked the HQ 2 door (sorry im biased ive got one) and that VK Brock commodore over near the food van was mint.

Yeah it was a really good day. We had a heap of very cool cars. They ranged in age from 1924 to 2004 and from all corners of the globe. Not enough bikes but I'll keep trying. :D

The Triumph did get a Trophy. Although instead of trophies this year we handed out bottles of wine from a local winery.

I thought there were about 6 or more 'fighter' guys there as a heap of them pulled up and parked at about 10am. Or was that you? I was so busy I didn't get much time to take notice to be honest. I organised about 95% of that show on my own so I was pretty fried by the time the actual day rolled around.

Glad you liked it.

Big Dan
22-03-2011, 06:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by Zooks

quote:Originally posted by Big Dan

Yeah it was a really good day. We had a heap of very cool cars. They ranged in age from 1924 to 2004 and from all corners of the globe. Not enough bikes but I'll keep trying. :D

The Triumph did get a Trophy. Although instead of trophies this year we handed out bottles of wine from a local winery.

I thought there were about 6 or more 'fighter' guys there as a heap of them pulled up and parked at about 10am. Or was that you? I was so busy I didn't get much time to take notice to be honest. I organised about 95% of that show on my own so I was pretty fried by the time the actual day rolled around.

Glad you liked it.

Yeah that was us. Ill have to bring something up next year to put in the show the only thing is i dont drink wine:D