PDA

View Full Version : cops on bikes

Big Dan
15-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Any of you guys on here heared of unmarked police bikes? Just talk to a mate that said he was on a forum and they were saying that they seen a R1 that the QLD police had. If thats the case look out NSW we will be next:(

xa-mont
15-02-2011, 11:44 AM
yeah, Not sprots bikes though... i think there was a big honda or something down here in Blue that i heard about.

sen
15-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Only in QLD currently.

Edited: I was wrong. Damn... how'd we not hear about this in NSW?

RussVC
15-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Here in SA I've been pulled over by a dark grey BMW cop bike.

Beaza
15-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Yarra Valley down here in vic, we have 4 bmw's that i know of. All are different color and all have camera mounted on them - they follow and film ya the bastages!

puppet
15-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Up here in Qld they currently have 12 unmarked bikes. Be warned and prepared for a major blitz in March. 3 unroadworthy issues with your bike and they have the power to impound it under anti-hooning laws. Fender eliminator/cut off rear guards, loud exhausts, headlights, non folding footpegs, all the usual stuff. Just leave it parked in the shed until the dust settles.
Operating in the normal hotspots eg MT Glorious, Sunshine and Gold Coast hinterlands.
Good luck.

Fight_fan
15-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Yep, im in NSW. There was an unmarked blackbird a few months ago, rider all in black leathers. & just today an unmarked dark blue FJR? thing...

sen
15-02-2011, 12:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Yep, im in NSW. There was an unmarked blackbird a few months ago, rider all in black leathers. & just today an unmarked dark blue FJR? thing...

Woah, seriously?

I thought they weren't allowed to do it in NSW yet?

kopyme
15-02-2011, 12:40 PM
pulled over in Reefton spur (vic) by a blue bmw from boronia with a camera mounted...sly dawg!!

Fight_fan
15-02-2011, 02:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by sen

quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Woah, seriously?

I thought they weren't allowed to do it in NSW yet?

Yeh mate. If u see a blackbird with a top box, be wary! Rider all blacked out, saw him riding in the middle of a massive row of cop bikes. Then saw him gettin fuel with his cop buddies in town.

chopiesel
15-02-2011, 05:58 PM
act has a couple of unmarked bmw k1300's

Weaselman
15-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Ive seen plain clothed police actually renting bikes to use on the road for police duty.

timbo
15-02-2011, 06:09 PM
quote:pulled over in Reefton spur (vic) by a blue bmw from boronia with a camera mounted...sly dawg!!
yes i have seen him getting around Marysville

RevHead
15-02-2011, 06:14 PM
so its called intrappment now....dirty fuckers

15-02-2011, 07:55 PM
The Blackbird is no longer an undercover cop bike. A mate bought it.

puppet
15-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Why would anyone buy a Blackbird?

BANDITROD
15-02-2011, 09:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by timbo

quote:pulled over in Reefton spur (vic) by a blue bmw from boronia with a camera mounted...sly dawg!!
yes i have seen him getting around Marysville

I have seen that fucker to and I have only been there twice

80s freak
17-02-2011, 02:56 AM
I think from memory they are up to 10 unmarked bikes in Vic. All BMWs.

Robsey
17-02-2011, 06:58 AM
I got booked in a work van just before the Barry sheen ride one few years ago, was firly harsh too! There was two of them one undercover and the other was marked. I seen them again a few days later and they ride a few k's apart so when you think there won't be another, BANG! Got ya!

Ansen
17-02-2011, 06:49 PM
fukin filth

Skinner
18-02-2011, 07:02 AM
You know what I hate - how cops almost never wear protective gear. It's ultimate hypocrisy. Rage.

Big Dan
18-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Yeah seen one yesterday going down the New England hwy just had his blue shirt on flogging down rain and look like he was speeding back to the station:D

Skinner
19-02-2011, 07:41 AM
quote:Yeah seen one yesterday going down the New England hwy just had his blue shirt on flogging down rain and look like he was speeding back to the station

hahahahahaha that's gold.

RevHead
19-02-2011, 09:22 AM
i sent n email ssking the n.s.w police to explain to me why we have 4x unmaked,bikes ,2x marked bikes,and 15 hwy patrols cars 5x of which r unmarked why we need so many ,,between an area of 150ks ,the reply, we need to have police presence as to slow driver and to stop accidents and reduce the people doing burnouts,,fuckin bullshit,,
last thursday 3x people were killed in 2 seperate accos on thursday arvo,and a 3rd acco that arvo put a couple in hospital,,its time that the people of AUSTRALIA stand up with voice and sack the system that stops us from leading a free life,,personally im sick to death of being stopped for nothing then getting fined $86 for having a point on my chain guard,,fuckers,,

19-02-2011, 09:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Skinner

You know what I hate - how cops almost never wear protective gear. It's ultimate hypocrisy. Rage.

That's cos they're bulletproof. Bit like scooter riders [:o)]

400vt
24-02-2011, 03:52 AM
Was In Adelaide Big Day out Seen 6 Big Black Bikes with cop on em doing rounds. they really need to stop being Cunts and Get over them self. here in Darwin they ride Dirt bikes but hear that the Cops with Bike Licences wanna start a Gang.

thank Fuck im off to the States.

O yeah The Red light/Speed cameras Up her if you get once flash it a warrning if you get Twice your Fuck. I ve Been flashed 6 times but they said Im Not on the System to get fucked.

jakam04
26-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Although Im bikeless at the moment (due to refusing to pay $750 a year for rego for a bike). Im thinking of going for a cruiser when I leave the NT in a few years, so I can try limit the urge to hook in on rides and end up with tickets. Yeah... I know you can still speed on a cruiser, but not as easily as a GSXR lol..

By that time, I'll be turning the big 40... so time to start slowing down and enjoying the scenery lol

Looking at a Boulevard M109... nice

Jarrod

robmac
26-02-2011, 03:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by jakam04

Although Im bikeless at the moment (due to refusing to pay $750 a year for rego for a bike). Im thinking of going for a cruiser when I leave the NT in a few years, so I can try limit the urge to hook in on rides and end up with tickets. Yeah... I know you can still speed on a cruiser, but not as easily as a GSXR lol..

By that time, I'll be turning the big 40... so time to start slowing down and enjoying the scenery lol

Jarrod

I had my M109 doing over 240 on the clock [:p] I think the only way to stop speeding is to remove the desire to live! It did slow me down a little though, couldn't see myself in the shop windows if i went any quicker [8D]

Funny when people get older they consider these type of bikes. It was the most uncomfortable bike I'd ever ridden and found it a relief to get back onto my track bike![8D]

MTBEERWAH
26-02-2011, 04:43 PM
WHAT? $750 a year, for 1 bike 2? you got a V6 in the frame or something? and if thats what NT charges for a bike, whats a car worth?
quote:Originally posted by jakam04

Jarrod

jakam04
26-02-2011, 07:25 PM
MTBEERWAH,
I can register a V8 car for that same price. Its the third party thats the killer. Too many wankers killed themselves when there werent any speed limits. The actual rego component is quite cheap.

Rob,
I actually rode one a while ago and didnt seem to mind it, but mind you it felt strange as Id just got off Mongrel. I will be doing the test ride things for quite a bit to confirm first of course lol...