PDA

View Full Version : giving up road riding for a while

crazymofo
15-02-2011, 11:15 AM
for the past 7 years that ive been road riding, seems ive either been in trouble with the law, or repairing my bikes lol, and not an awfull lot of riding in between, well, ive had enough. ive made the decision to stop road riding. for at the least the very miniumm till i have a clean licence again. mainly due to the fact i cant insure anything any more, even my trackbike i cant insure in my name lol!!

since setting up my k6 gixxer thou as a racebike, ive been getting more and more into trackdays and racing, you guys werent wrong in saying once you start you wont stop. between that and the current cop situation, i have lost any interest in going for a punt on sunday morning.

i prolly will return to road riding in a few years time, i really would love to buy another tl1000s and just go steady and look after it.

i still have a passion for building bikes, so i'll prob start buying bikes and doing turn key bike builds and contracted ones (kinda like dues ex machina- but general motorcycles not a specific style). this has already begun with 2 trackbike builds ive been asked to take on just recently

i currently have a 1974 honda cb750 in the shed that needs a full ground up rebuild, so thats my next project, but it will most likely be a bike i build to sell on. im strongly leaning towards a cafe racer style for this one.

anywhoo.. see yas either at the track or in the pub.

cheers.joe.

BANDITROD
15-02-2011, 11:29 AM
I know how you feel mate I am just lucky to not have been caught lately and if I don't have licience I don't gave a job so I try to behave on my gixxer but it's fucking hard

TurboKat
15-02-2011, 11:46 AM
quote:Originally posted by crazymofo

i really would love to buy another tl1000s and just go steady
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D:D:D:D:D
Go steady... on a TLS... not possible !!!
Get a Postie Joe, stick a 150cc Chinky Pitbike motor in it & go nuts, you won't ever break the speed limit by much ;)

crazymofo
15-02-2011, 11:49 AM
pfft...id get done doing 60in a 40 zone or something stupid on that TK,

im not old enough to go steady on anything to be honest.

cheers.joe.

Beaza
15-02-2011, 12:15 PM
My TLS fighter and the newly carbon fibre clad TLR are basically sitting idle too Crazy :(
Cant lose another point in the next 7 months or i'm fuked :(

Fight_fan
15-02-2011, 12:27 PM
I'v been given no choice but to slow dwn on the road, im currently on 2yrs good behaviour (not for driving offences) so anything i get done for is instantly worse... Still, im just much more careful now. Im slowly learning how to enjoy riding at a slightly more sedate pace! Havin an accident a few years ago also made me think a bit more before cracking the throttle to wide open...

RevHead
15-02-2011, 06:17 PM
why does this sound so familiar,i bought a big dirt bike cause im sick of cops harrassing me

boris
15-02-2011, 07:21 PM
I hear ya joe I'm half thinking of selling the gixxer and going fishing in the long run I reckon it'll be cheaper but I'm waiting to see what happens fuck I'm sick of donating to the law.

chadams
15-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Same as revhead, I punt the big yellow pig in the bush now, there's little to no chance finding a cop on a dirt road so you can ride how ever you want too. It's amazing how many other riders I've met that have turned to "adv-riding". It's like you have to learn to ride all over again, getting crossed up on a 200kg pig is very interesting at speed.

WarHound
15-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Sad to hear Joe ... Working 8 - 4 and travelling on the M1 in peak hour keeps the speed down and lane splitting is $80 and no points .. so thats one way round it LOL 8)

JDinOZ
16-02-2011, 08:44 AM
ha i just bought a street triple r the other day and ever since I have been asking myself how the hell you guys keep your licenses, but I guess it's as hard for youz as for me. :)