PDA

View Full Version : Bushfires - watch those sparks !!!

Rocket
07-02-2011, 05:03 PM
So my work colleague turned up on my doorstep yesterday morning in her pyjama's with her cat and her car and nothing else. Saying she'd just been told to get the fuck out of her house in the hills.

If you look at 1M:06sec of this video, you'll see what happened to the rest of her stuff.

http://www.news.com.au/national/more-than-100-flee-perth-bushfire/story-e6frfkxi-1226000957393

Current belief is that this fire was started a couple of k's, one hill and several road crossings away by someone with a grinder.

Luckily she's insured and unharmed.

So watch your sparks guys ! And use the ashtray of your car or a coke can or whatever but don't throw your smoke butts out the window of your cars. It could cost someone their home. Or in this case...59 homes....and counting.

nick76
07-02-2011, 08:44 PM
If the grinder story is found to be the reason this fire started,atleast it was an honest mistake/accident.
Tho,its still fucked,so many,lost so much.
It's the fuckin cunt firebugs that go around starting fires for shits and giggles,that should be shot.
Imagine how bad this bloke with the grinder feels now.

80s freak
07-02-2011, 09:31 PM
That's fucked up, be safe over there. If you need any water just ask we've got shit loads here in Melb.

Azrael
07-02-2011, 09:56 PM
That sucks Phil. We were on a washdown last nite when my workmate got called down off the tower and sent to meet his sister as their family home was destroyed as was hers.. pretty fucken unlucky..

MDM
09-02-2011, 11:04 PM
You guys down under are having some real heavy shit thrown at you this year!
Us lot topside are hoping that things bet better soon, it's only plagues of locusts yet to come ain't it?...

BANDITROD
09-02-2011, 11:26 PM
We are copping locust at the moment the fuckers are everywhere

hyofighter
10-02-2011, 12:21 AM
that east coast is farked rod cyclones floods locusts , its the end of the world over there , move to WA and youll be fine

XJMick
10-02-2011, 08:01 AM
I see that the cop who's grinder it was suddenly cant be found anywhere, he's just thinking about that jail time coming up with all the blokes he's put in the slammer

Azrael
10-02-2011, 10:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by MDM

You guys down under are having some real heavy shit thrown at you this year!
Us lot topside are hoping that things bet better soon, it's only plagues of locusts yet to come ain't it?...

We like our weather like we like our women, dangerous, firey, unpredictable but mostly wet..

JackTar
12-02-2011, 09:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by XJMick

I see that the cop who's grinder it was suddenly cant be found anywhere, he's just thinking about that jail time coming up with all the blokes he's put in the slammer

Why should he go to gaol? He's 56 years old and has more than likely spent the better part of that looking after the general public to the best of his abaility. He made a mistake and it got out of hand, as far as I'm aware no one died, yeah there were houses lost but if you live in the bush and your house isn't insured against fire you're a fucking tool anyway.

There was not intent, no malice and the poor cunt is going to have to live with that for the rest of his life.

bladehunter
12-02-2011, 10:00 AM
I agree with Jack, if it was some one other than a cop would we be so quick to want to lock him up ?

XJMick
12-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Fellas im not implying he should go to jail and if i was in his shoes i would have fucked off too probably but if it is a total fire ban, it aint rocket science, i have seen too many fires in the wheatbelt just from mere stupidity

Rocket
12-02-2011, 12:25 PM
ditto, not jail, but severe arse kicking for stupidity.
I'm not sure the insurance companies feel the same tho.
With all the floods and bushfires, their arses must be bleeding!

80s freak
12-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Shouldn't he at least be reprimanded in some way? I don't know how, but being a temporary 'tard can't be let slide. If I had a fire in my back yard and let it get out of hand and it burnt the fence down. I'd have to pay for it shouldn't I? It's the same thing but on a much larger scale.

Hagarr
12-02-2011, 03:33 PM
quote:ditto, not jail, but severe arse kicking for stupidity.
I'm not sure the insurance companies feel the same tho.
With all the floods and bushfires, their arses must be bleeding!

HHMMM! don't know about that in respect to the floods, I hear the Insurance companies are getting consultants to carry out Hydroeology examinations to see whether the water that damaged a particular area or house was from flood, groundwater or W.H.Y.

Typical!!

Booster
14-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Total fire ban is fairly definite about use of anglegrinders,probably one of the more common man made causes of fires , only luck someone wasn't killed...
and as someone that there job is enforcing the laws, why should he get treated any different to any one else

rock hard
15-02-2011, 08:52 AM
this is about the top of the hill above where it started.the looks on the faces of the people who were scratching around their burned out twisted remains of a house tears your heart out..photo 3 is where my young bloke lived b4 he went O/S
http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr249/rockhard_photos/Rolleystonefires012.jpg
http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr249/rockhard_photos/Rolleystonefires013.jpg
http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr249/rockhard_photos/Rolleystonefires009.jpg