PDA

View Full Version : Having on of those mid-build ultimatum moments lol

Skinner
07-02-2011, 08:45 AM
I've put my ZXR in the for sale, but I reckon if it doesn't sell by the end of the week I'll probs just keep it.

Ended up getting a 9-5 job this week, starting next week, so I thought I'd put it up for offers. It'll take me forever to build because work hours and tafe you see but it would be fun to sink some paychecks into I think.

Does anyone else have these mid-build crises?? [xx(]

BANDITROD
07-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Most of us build our bikes in our spare time anyway mate till all hours of the night

xa-mont
07-02-2011, 09:19 AM
lately i have been spending from the time i get home til dinner is ready out in the shed playing with my ute, then back out again until it is too dark (the lightning in my shed i crapola)... My missus hates it :P

mozza
07-02-2011, 10:33 AM
I suffered the mid build blues a few times with the Bandit, you just need to forget about it and come back to it later. Recently I've contemplated selling it as I currently have x4 bikes in the shed. I've also had mixed feelings about my period 5 build but have finally decided to persevere with it.

Tony Nitrous
07-02-2011, 10:39 AM
I've took on waaaaay to much and my $$$ circumstances changed.
Really dont want to sell a bike, cant afford to do F-all to them.
Have a plan to change that later this year but the wait is killing me.

Skinner
07-02-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm more concerned about the transport department and bike stores not being open on weekends - but from what I can tell bike stores are and transport departments are not? How do you guys deal with that?

Fight_fan
07-02-2011, 11:01 AM
By the time its ready for rego im sure u'l be able to swing half a day off work to get it sorted mate! Anything u need from bike shops can be purchased over the phone during luch breaks or over the net once u get home (bike shops are usually open half day saturdays at least tho). Where there is a will, there is a way mate!

xa-mont
07-02-2011, 11:07 AM
the internet is a world of great quality cheap parts 24/7!

Skinner
07-02-2011, 11:07 AM
haha I'm new to office work but I've heard that half-days off work are something you can do.

Well I guess that's sorted then. I'll give it a try, given the above advice... it sounds like I could fit it in with a bit of effort.

Mid-build crises averted? I think so :)

Thanks for the support guys.

fimpBIKES
07-02-2011, 11:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by xa-mont

the internet is a world of great quality cheap parts 24/7!

then the only trouble is how to get to the fuckin post office on time [xx(]

BANDITROD
07-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Get them delivered to work and get the office chick to pick them up for ya

Skinner
07-02-2011, 11:31 AM
haha I don't think I'll be comfortable enough to demand errands of the office chicks for a while. But being new there's a possibility I will be the errands runner due to my newbie status, which could be advantageous hmmm

Fight_fan
07-02-2011, 12:26 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

YEP! Thats what i do...

pav69
07-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Dont get rid of it you will make time ,and you will only kick your own ass for letting it go plus who is going to take the hot little office chicks for a ride if you dont have a bike.

Skinner
07-02-2011, 01:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by pav69

Dont get rid of it you will make time ,and you will only kick your own ass for letting it go

Yeah that's something I thought about. I've always had enough time on my hand with uni and part-time work, but now my schedule is full-time work plus part-time tafe. And here I am wondering how you add part-time anything to full-time anything.

I think after hearing some opinions on here though that even less 'shed-time' is better than no 'shed-time'...and I'd have to agree. It'll take some patience though. Can you buy that online? haha ;)

xa-mont
07-02-2011, 02:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

YEP! Thats what i do...

Same Same. The receptionist loves bringing me all the goodies i get delivered to work and its always a good game to guess if they are computer parts that have something to do with work or random car/motorbike/misc. stuff for home.

Mishdog20
07-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Mate, it doesnt matter if you can only find an hour a week. Its a stress reliever for me, just getting out to the shed and cleaning / making / polishing somethin or another. Everyone needs a project of some description mate, otherwise, what are you working for. I only work to fund my hobbies and to top up the savings a bit. If i had no ambition / drive to want any nice fancy toys, we all might as well be on the dole. My 2c worth anyways, lol.

Skinner
07-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Mish, have you seen my bike atm? It's a stress-creator haha but that's only because the engine is on the way out, thus not riding at all atm. It's just that my circumstances at the moment are so busy - something had to give. I considered losing the bike, but I I also do martial arts late at night, which will probably have to go instead now. My bike isn't the only hobby I have, but in saying that, it's probably the best.

Mishdog20
07-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Keep it mate. I guarantee u will regret it. It might be lookin like u arent makin any progress, but when you Do finally finish it, its an awesome feeling mate, and one to look forward too. Its all just one big juggling act isnt it...lol

Skinner
07-02-2011, 04:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mishdog20

Its all just one big juggling act isnt it...lol

You're not wrong!! [:0]

EFE 1230
07-02-2011, 05:29 PM

Unless you work for a bunch of cunts who refuse delivery of your swingarm from England coz your not there because (and I quote) "how do we know the package is not full of drugs so were not signing for anything", so it gets sent back to the UK and you have to pay for freight back to OZ again.

Yella
07-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Keep it my zx7 has taken 4 years for 4 weeks worth of work but thats how it goes fitting it in around the rest of life. I would still rather have it then not.

BANDITROD
07-02-2011, 07:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by EFE 1230

Unless you work for a bunch of cunts who refuse delivery of your swingarm from England coz your not there because (and I quote) "how do we know the package is not full of drugs so were not signing for anything", so it gets sent back to the UK and you have to pay for freight back to OZ again.
Fucking cunts

Jockney Rebel
07-02-2011, 08:53 PM
keep the zxr mate it was a weapon in its day and im sure you can make it breath fire again....i havebnnt touched the trumpy for 2yrs but i reckon its time to get stuck in again plus the little TZR has inspired me to actually work again