PDA

View Full Version : How cool would it be if.....

VFighteR
05-02-2011, 03:13 PM
our much beloved ASF website had an iPhone app or be compatible with the iPhone when veiwing.

Should this be in the suggestions area?

hint hint......Si.....wink wink

Iceman
05-02-2011, 04:04 PM
You know what would be cooler, if we had the time and money to run an event.

This place used to be about bikes.

chopiesel
05-02-2011, 05:00 PM
iv been looking onto making my own app for android phones.

80s freak
05-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Here, here Iceman, speaking of which, it surprised me muchly when I learnt that AFR 2010 (let alone previous ones) was a free event, even for non-paying members. How many bike clubs hold free rallies for their members? None. So why shouldn't we pay for the time and effort that goes into organizing events. Even if only to cover costs. Average rally is what, $20, and fuck me you even get a shiny badge to stab your man boob with.
If you don't want to pay to attend an event, there's and easy way around it, you organise it! Paying for things like this might help weed out the blow through ego trippers a little and get it back to being (like you said Clint) about bikes. And help put a little money in the kitty as well.
Full price for nonpaying members, discounted price for non blood sucking leaches.
Well that's what I think.

pav69
05-02-2011, 06:18 PM
have been to dozens of rallies and event weekends in my time and you pay for everything so why shouldnt we pay.

wackyrider
05-02-2011, 10:21 PM
$20 is more then a fair price i would say

hyofighter
06-02-2011, 12:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by chopiesel

iv been looking onto making my own app for android phones.

what for i have a htc desire , and i can veiw the site reply like im at home on the pc

thats why android is so much better than apple crap

Swordsy
06-02-2011, 01:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by 80s freak

Here, here Iceman, speaking of which, it surprised me muchly when I learnt that AFR 2010 (let alone previous ones) was a free event, even for non-paying members. How many bike clubs hold free rallies for their members? None. So why shouldn't we pay for the time and effort that goes into organizing events. Even if only to cover costs. Average rally is what, $20, and fuck me you even get a shiny badge to stab your man boob with.
If you don't want to pay to attend an event, there's and easy way around it, you organise it! Paying for things like this might help weed out the blow through ego trippers a little and get it back to being (like you said Clint) about bikes. And help put a little money in the kitty as well.
Full price for nonpaying members, discounted price for non blood sucking leaches.
Well that's what I think.

Well, when the event is organised by members out of their own time for a good time for their members, then this should be the case. The support by Si was awesome, so was the organising by the people involed, so please, don't try and take that away from them.

Redmohawk
06-02-2011, 10:44 AM
So seems there isnt much posted on AFR11 as of yet , is the location same as last year ?

BANDITROD
06-02-2011, 11:04 AM
I can still get on site with my gay phone now probs at all

fimpBIKES
06-02-2011, 11:44 AM
afr's are free?
wtf? we always pay accomodation, fuel, meals, cash towards a shirt which i assume includes admin

i've never been to an afr that didnt cost me anything
and i think ive been to more than most

ps- i can view on android phone whenever no probs

80s freak
06-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Last years AFR was different to previous ones. But was there a charge to attend '09?

Fight_fan
07-02-2011, 06:15 AM
Yeh Freak there was! Think it was about $60 for the full wknd, cnt remember exactly tho... was a long time ago n I was smashed all wknd lol

BANDITROD
07-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Last years AFR was a normal one 80's freak it's was the 2 before that were different from the normal get together

80s freak
07-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Cool, thanks for clearing that up. Makes a bit more sense now.

oldskool
07-02-2011, 10:21 PM
AFR 09 was ace I love meds and Master Blaster the pharmacist!

BANDITROD
08-02-2011, 07:55 AM
Lol

JDinOZ
16-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Yes! Events sound good, id be more than happy to pay a bit of coin, imagine how much beer could be bought when evryone brings 20 bucks!?! [:0]