PDA

View Full Version : F@#k'n rain!!!!

Iceman
04-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Just had the first of the predicted downpours for the weekend. Got about two inches of water thru the shed, and a lovely water feature running down the inside of the windows in the lounge room.

We've had 49 mil in about 24hours, with another 150 mil predicted.

I love summer:(

latheboy
04-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Summer rulez man........ I see your one water feature in your lounge room and raise you one bath room/1 bed room and my lounge room

Lewis Moto
04-02-2011, 10:18 PM
http://realtime2.bsch.au.com/wv_sat.html?region=aus&loop=yes&images=&allday=20110203&start=&stop=#nav

Awesome x rad to the power of 10

BANDITROD
04-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Thank fuck I'm not getting here at the mo I am sick to fucking death of sandbags hope it doesn't get to bad for you Clint

oldskool
04-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Rub ya cock on the curtains Clint it always makes me feel better.
Good luck princess and be safe.

Iceman
05-02-2011, 08:10 AM
They've predicted flooding for the Broken river which runs straight thru the middle of Benalla. This will be the 3rd time in 6 months that town wil be split in two by water. Flood waters aren't a real concern for me as we live in the high side, the rain water is what causes a problem, our gutters can't clear it quick enough. I have a pit with a submersible pump next to the shed which is meant to clear water from the back yard but a 10 sec power interruption was enough for it to be overwhelmed and flood my shed.

Luckily we had a big clean up over Xmas and the shed is pretty clean and organised so nothing really got wet.

scotty
05-02-2011, 08:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by latheboy

Summer rulez man........ I see your one water feature in your lounge room and raise you one bath room/1 bed room and my lounge room
rise you both, 1 bed room, bath room, 1 blown circuit(now the tin lids carnt play fuckin x box) and my old joint nearly washed away, had to go help evac an oldys home behind my place bout ten last night n drag there cars out of the car park, and it still raining......not to mention the lightning strikes.....

Deano
05-02-2011, 09:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

They've predicted flooding for the Broken river which runs straight thru the middle of Benalla. This will be the 3rd time in 6 months that town wil be split in two by water. Flood waters aren't a real concern for me as we live in the high side, the rain water is what causes a problem, our gutters can't clear it quick enough. I have a pit with a submersible pump next to the shed which is meant to clear water from the back yard but a 10 sec power interruption was enough for it to be overwhelmed and flood my shed.

Luckily we had a big clean up over Xmas and the shed is pretty clean and organised so nothing really got wet.
There is the problem right there. The river is broken. If your local council would fix it you would not have any problems. Some time people can't see what's right in front of them

latheboy
05-02-2011, 03:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by scotty

quote:Originally posted by latheboy

rise you both, 1 bed room, bath room, 1 blown circuit(now the tin lids carnt play fuckin x box) and my old joint nearly washed away, had to go help evac an oldys home behind my place bout ten last night n drag there cars out of the car park, and it still raining......not to mention the lightning strikes.....

I see your shit night and raise you, moving 2 horses through a swollen (hehe) creek at midnight.
We stayed out last night and got home to find 100mm of water dammed under the house... And plaster about to come down...

My house rulez[V]

OLD SKOOL BANDIT
06-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Gee looks like we got off light with only flooded toilets and leaky roof in the main bar.

Tony Nitrous
07-02-2011, 04:30 AM
....and watch out for those pot holes afterwards....

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/2779/ph1v.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9661/ph2k.jpg

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/2630/ph3q.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2315/ph4t.jpg

BANDITROD
07-02-2011, 01:29 PM
That's what it looks like in the grampians at the moment thru reckon it will be ages before it gets fixed

Mishdog20
07-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Just imagine the amount of fill and compaction all those holes will need. Gonna take YEARS to have it all repaired.

TurboKat
10-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Fucking hell, my factory got flooded last Friday & among other things, all my bike magazines got waterlogged, I've got them to the point where they're nearly dry & might be able to be saved & it's pissing rain again & rain forecast for tomorrow as well... & it's fucking Summer !!!
Luckily I'm only 2 mins from the beach, gunna head down there now & fill me up a van load of plastic shopping bags (I mean fill 'em with sand - not seawater) Hafta be a bit more prepared this time.
Fuck the rain.

JackTar
13-02-2011, 05:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

Got about two inches

Isn't that what your missus said last time you had lations?

Iceman
13-02-2011, 06:03 PM
I used to think two inches was small, but I guess some girls like'm that wide.

BANDITROD
13-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Bwahahahaha