PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme ‘Race Your Mates’ Track Day

nick76
03-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Any of you trackday junkies wanna race your streetfighter,but don't know where??

Check this out.
It seems to be like a trackday,but racing instead.
Basically a run what you brung set up.
Classes aren't based on capacity or anything like that,just laptimes.
Streetbikes welcome.
No need to do all your lock wiring etc
Its for guys that haven't raced before,and want to step up from trackdays,without joining clubs etc
Read the linky if you wanna know more.

http://www.formula-xtreme.com.au/xtremema.nsf/ae002b388f9db369ca2574ed00200523/66400308E686B390CA25781C001F93A8!OpenDocument

nick76
03-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Just scrolling thru another site,and there is sweet fuck all you have to do to a streetbike,to get it on the track.

1. MACHINE AND RIDING GEAR – SCRUTINEERING:
1.1 Machinery All: Motorcycles with street gear still fitted must have their head, tail/brake and indicator lights taped up to a level where it is not possible to see the lights if they are on.
1.2 Horns must be disconnected or the switches taped up so they cannot be used.
1.3 Rear Vision Mirrors and Registration number plates must be removed.
1.4 Any part of the motorcycle that has a sharp edge must be taped up so the edge is no longer sharp.
1.5 All tyres must still have minimum thread depth indicators visible and must not be damaged.
1.6 Both front and rear brake levers must have a firm lever that does not travel back to the bar or peg when compressed.
1.7 Throttles must be free to turn and return on their own and must not be sticky..
1.8 The motorcycle must be in good working order.
1.9 TRACK BIKES WITHOUT STREET GEAR
1.10 If your motorcycle is a track day prepared or an existing race bike then your bike must also conform to the above relevant points; 7.4, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, 7.8.
1.11 All existing race numbers must be removed unless previously arranged with the promoter.
1.12 If your motorcycle of choice is a PCRA race bike you will need to contact the promoter and provide information on what model, capacity and year your motorcycle is so we can make sure it is competitive enough to be on the grid with modern motorcycles.

1.13 Riding Gear: All riding gear must be in good condition with no obvious faults or structural damage.
1 or 2 piece full leather suite (must be zip together).
Full face Helmet in good condition with a current Australian or other accepted Standards Sticker.
Motorcycle Riding Gloves in good condition.
Motorcycle boots (above angle) in good condition.
A back protector is recommended.

yoda
03-02-2011, 06:32 PM
the minimum you need to do to get a bike on the race track is fuck all..
as long as it is safe, no lights, mirrors, lights etc and lockwired your good to go!

back protector is mandatory for m.a sanctioned events.

It's just that once you do it, you will be hooked, then poor!

nick76
03-02-2011, 07:23 PM
quote:Originally posted by yoda

as long as it is safe, no lights, mirrors, lights etc and lockwired your good to go!

No need to do that even,just tape up lights and indicators,and take off mirrors and numberplate.
Its aimed at street bike riding trackday guys,looking at possibly racing etc.
Pretty much like a ride day with racing.

fimpBIKES
03-02-2011, 10:45 PM
dont try to take a german tailed fighter to a trackday though... :(

nick76
04-02-2011, 12:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

dont try to take a german tailed fighter to a trackday though... :(

Why??
Did they deem it to be dangerous in a crash??

fimpBIKES
05-02-2011, 08:03 AM
stupid old coot steward at EC decided he didnt like my tailpiece in september
kept knocking me back at the end of pit lane

its a long story, but basically he wouldnt say it to my face so he'd get the head marshall to pull me up about a mystery oil-leak but even when i pulled the sprocket cover off he couldnt point out where the so-called oil was coming from
this is AFTER i had been through scrutineering twice and missed 3 sessions

oh, but there was a ktm rc8 there
they had no problems with that...