PDA

View Full Version : fitting panels...help needed

pommie02
03-02-2011, 09:49 AM
I have finally got my very expensive german infill panels. the fitting instructions mention sticky tape and the force of gravity.
i want them to be blended in to the tank, but i am not sure if they will stay on. does anyone have any ideas on how to fit them ?

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc441/pommie2/RIMG1218.jpg

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc441/pommie2/RIMG1220.jpg

xa-mont
03-02-2011, 10:00 AM
some good quality double sided tape making sure the surfaces are well cleaned first??

scotty
03-02-2011, 10:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by xa-mont

some good quality double sided tape making sure the surfaces are well cleaned first??
alot of tank decals are held this way, get the 3m tape

wackyrider
03-02-2011, 11:30 AM
If you do that I would look for the velcro tape. Some infill panels were fitted like that in the R1. That way it is possible to remove them when needed. They also had a small screw on one end though

pommie02
03-02-2011, 11:35 AM
its hard to show the shape of the infill panel...its curved and only sits on the frame at the very edge. the gap between the tank and frame is high and wide. i dont think velco or tape would hold for very long

xa-mont
03-02-2011, 11:57 AM
hot glue gun? :P

wackyrider
03-02-2011, 12:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by pommie02

its hard to show the shape of the infill panel...its curved and only sits on the frame at the very edge. the gap between the tank and frame is high and wide. i dont think velco or tape would hold for very long

Might have to make up a set of brackets for them

Gix11
03-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Are they fibreglass? If so add some fibreglass tabs on the inside near the frame and there's your fixing points with velcro or whatever you end up using. If they're plastic, how thick? Thick enough to screw a mount of some kind through the top and bog the hole from the screw cap?

Redmohawk
03-02-2011, 06:25 PM
A little velcro tape in the right spots to stop it moving and fit a pair of hooks to the inside of plastics then some elastic bungie cord run under the tank with some looks on each end. put loop on one side line up with velcro , then hool look on other hook to pull it to bike locate it with velcro.

Bungie holds it there and takes most of the load velcro just make sure it sits where you want it, all removable easy if you need to.