PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone Tracy vs Cyclone Yasi

sen
02-02-2011, 11:25 AM
On the right is Cyclone Tracy, most destructive to ever hit Australia.

On the left is Yasi, about to hit QLD.

Hope you're all safe up there guys! She's a big'un!!

http://i.min.us/ibHOd6.png

Fight_fan
02-02-2011, 12:12 PM
[:0][:0][:0] That puts things into perspective!

MattyDucati
02-02-2011, 01:55 PM
that looks like monica on the right not tracy

sen
02-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Ah sorry, no idea, just found it mentioned like that on another website.

crazymofo
02-02-2011, 02:41 PM
tracy was 50km wide.... yasi is 730km!!

mental shit

cheers.joe.

LKC73
02-02-2011, 03:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by crazymofo

tracy was 50km wide.... yasi is 730km!!

mental shit

cheers.joe.

[:0] Holy fuck thats a differance!

Yamie
02-02-2011, 03:44 PM
[:0]That is a huge one

nick76
02-02-2011, 04:16 PM
They just said on the news,the eye of Yasi, is bigger than all of Tracey!!
300+k winds, 2-4meter storm serge, right on high tide, Biggest storm in Oz history etc etc.
Fuck me,this is gonna be huge.
All the best to anyone from up around there.

boris
02-02-2011, 04:48 PM
I moved down here in 91 from Innisfail but have always wanted to go back up there , Right now I don't good luck to anyone up there and I'm sure you townville boys and girls won't get away totally unscathed so hide them bikes and take care

Adam McGregor
02-02-2011, 05:28 PM
It is going to be pretty scary. Our house is all boarded up and everything we need is in our 'safe' room. If I can any photos of the storm I will put them up. We're not in Kansas anymore Toto.

Lewis Moto
02-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Are there any members of the forum up there?

If so start a fund now and get it through to them as quick as possible.
The big fires here in Vic were a lesson, when everything is gone its the basics that are required. Things as simple as a toothbrush through to a pair of socks. Not saying that you should be sending those things but to start a whip around of cash to allow others down south of the carnage to purchase what is required over the next weeek and get it to those in need. Cut out the middleman and get it directly to anybody up there that needs it or can get it to others.
Being patriotic and all but these other Aussies are going to need our help again. Only after reaching out and offering a helping hand are you worthy of an "Aussie Pride" or Southern Cross sticker on your dunnydoor.

Live feed of police radio and the coppers are beginning to withdraw to safety now http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=wp&feedId=7161

As can be seen from the radar this cunt is not fucking about.

Large
02-02-2011, 07:09 PM
http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemiloops/shirgmscol.html

Gix11
02-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Looks like the eye is moving upwards!

skoerbin
02-02-2011, 08:02 PM
that thing looks like its about to eat all of queensland

ALBI
03-02-2011, 12:14 PM
we may have a hope for state of origin now!! then again this will bring out the big guns to bring QLD closer

Large
03-02-2011, 01:04 PM
I wonder when the cyclone levy will be announced

Gix11
03-02-2011, 02:17 PM
On top of the flood levy they're talking about you mean? The government fucked up with the Wivenhoe damn apparently but leaving it fuller than it was ever designed to be, but they've put their hands in the air and are asking joe blow to fund the damage, and as for insurance companies finding every excuse not to pay even though they make multi-billion dollar profits each year has me fucked.

Yamie
03-02-2011, 03:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

On top of the flood levy they're talking about you mean? The government fucked up with the Wivenhoe damn apparently but leaving it fuller than it was ever designed to be, but they've put their hands in the air and are asking joe blow to fund the damage, and as for insurance companies finding every excuse not to pay even though they make multi-billion dollar profits each year has me fucked.

X2

Shadowzone
06-02-2011, 09:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Funny how Suncorp Insurance is the only company who don't give a fuck where the water comes from or how it got into your home they pay out and the rest of the offshore based cunts take the money and run. I know who I'm insured with. Allianz pulled out of NQ insurance after Larry. They paid up and fucked off refusing to renew anyone's insurance in NQ because it was "too much risk". Kind of says it all really...

Redmohawk
06-02-2011, 11:00 AM
interesting an insurance mob with some morals , might make then a tidy sum in the future.

Adam McGregor
06-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Apprently Suncorp have insurance insurance. Once they hit a certain limit with pay outs, their insurance company kicks in and pays them. So the more that Suncorp pays, the better off they, and every body else with Suncorp will be. Good idea I reckon.

Shadowzone
07-02-2011, 11:41 AM
The majority of insurance companies reinsure with Lloyds of London. That way they simply claim according to their underwritten amount.

But it was interesting to see that Suncorp payout regardless of the type of water entering your home when companies like AAMI, Allianz don't payout for Riverine flooding (which is caused by rivers rising when realistically 95% of flooding is Riverine flooding) and REAL Insurance payout for floods up to a maximum of $15k. So how do you replace your contents with $15k after you've had to gut half the walls from your hut? Some would say it's better than a kick in the nuts, but it's still a kick when your down.

If the mortgage laws here in Oz were like those in the US we'd be seeing a hell of a lot of people just walking away from their homes and handing the keys back to the banks as over there the banks can't chase you for mortgage arrears once they've foreclosed. They simply have to cop the hit in the wallet. I reckon there's be a lot fairer insurance rules if that were the case because the banks wouldn't be too keen on having so many damaged homes handed back and would be advising on which insurance policies were the better ones to protect their customers (and subsequently their) investment.

Redmohawk
07-02-2011, 05:32 PM
So the insurance companys still win , and life goes on . Those with more get more, those without and battling continue to work there ass's off.