PDA

View Full Version : How long do you think it should take?

chopaweeza
12-03-2007, 04:33 PM
To get your excess refunded on a Not At Fault bike accident? The insurer was Western QBE. The accident took place while my Bandit(now thats going back a while) was parked out the front of a Police Station and 2 cops witnessed the van back over my bike and speed off. Cops got the rego, wrote great witness statements for me and I knew who they were within 5 minutes . QBE got their money out of them within 3 months, Western Motorcycles botched the repairs and it took 4 years for QBE to finally send me a refund cheque for my excess. Hows that eh?

Wayne

Deano
12-03-2007, 04:39 PM
did they pay the intrest to you while they had your money. of coarse they wouldn't but if the reverse happened and you owed them money i am sure they would have your balls in a sling till they got it.

Gix11
12-03-2007, 05:00 PM
That is so true mate. How much was the refund mate? Add 4 years worth of interest at at least 5% and see what they made out of it.

12-03-2007, 07:42 PM
now that they have declared liability...sew em for losses and un-professional-ism.Most lawyers these days will win your settlement before it even gets near the courts.

chopaweeza
12-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Only got my $350 back. I've been calling them every 6 months since. The other party admitted liability and paid up promptly. Yet, it took 4 years for my excess to get refunded. After this and a few other things that happened I'd never use them again.

Wayne

chopaweeza
22-03-2007, 12:52 PM
As an add on. I tried to cash the refund cheque. Was unable to as it is in my ex-wife & my names so it has to be deposited into a joint account........ So,after being transferred through 8 different operators I found I have to return the cheque, write up something to explain that I've been divorced and they will review whether or not I'm entitled to a refund. Shit, what was the point of being insured if your insurer fucks you worse than the prick that hit your bike........

Western QBE are a thieving pack of cunts.

Gix11
22-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Glad I changed to Shannons after hearing that one mate.