PDA

View Full Version : Is camouflage colour scheme road legal in Perth, W

AN0NYM0US
30-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi guys,

I did a bit of research on the Dept of Transport website before posting up this topic. However, I haven't had any luck finding the facts that I need to know. Like I've mentioned in my project thread, I have decided to change the colour scheme on my bike to camouflage. Here's a few pics of the tank and fairings.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/310/img0110udy.jpg
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4723/img0119jb.jpg

When I checked the Dept of Transport website, I came across a form for notification of colour chnage. Here's the link-
http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/20500.asp

However, upon closely studying every part of the website,I haven't come across any colour restrictions.

Can somebody please shed some light on this topic. I use this bike for daily commuting. If the camo colour scheme is illegal, I can just buy fairings from a wrecker or something. But, is it going to be fine, or will I get yellow stickered?

Appreciate your help in this matter.

EFE 1230
30-01-2011, 11:40 AM
I doubt bad taste is illegal whatever the colour.

but I think there are laws against vilification of someone's gayness.............

AN0NYM0US
30-01-2011, 11:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by EFE 1230

but I think there are laws against vilification of someone's gayness.............

:D

Hagarr
30-01-2011, 11:54 AM
I know a guy who had a Gpz painted camouflage but don't know whether he actually informed the DOT!!

chopiesel
30-01-2011, 12:05 PM
i think the prob is that the speed cameras cant pick the bike up in the lense

VFighteR
30-01-2011, 12:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by EFE 1230

LMFAO!

Dynomutt
30-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Sorry if I sound a little odd here, but why would a camo paint scheme be illegal? Here in the UK you can have whatever colours you like on your vehicle, although chrome panels is a grey area, I remember a mate had chrome legshields/panels etc on his Lambretta, and got shit from the plod about it being dangerous for approaching traffic at night because of glare or something similar.

AN0NYM0US
30-01-2011, 12:21 PM
quote:Originally posted by chopiesel

It would just be the fuel tank, the left and right top fairings(the bottom part has been removed). And towards the rear, it would just be the plastic around the tail light that's covered in camo. I don't think that would in anyway affect the speed cam from getting my plate.

EFE 1230
30-01-2011, 12:55 PM

And the different colours of the camo pattern will make it impossible for the hand held speed guns as well by disrupting ions in the atmosphere when the copper tries to lock the laser beam on the approaching vehicle, fuck mate if it wasn't ILLEGAL then everyone would have camo paint this cunt will be lucky if he doesn't get locked up by ASIO!

Redmohawk
30-01-2011, 01:07 PM
I see enough cam canvas as it is without it on a bike. Hey what ever blows the wind up your skirt, no laws about colour of your bike to brake mate, thats why you cant find any.

As far as yellow stickers go its at the discression of the copper in question, then you can fight it later at your own cost lol

Watto
30-01-2011, 01:53 PM
there's a fella in freo who has done the same with his bonnie - covered it in camo cloth

been around for a while now and don't think any problems

chopiesel
30-01-2011, 02:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by AN0NYM0US

It would just be the fuel tank, the left and right top fairings(the bottom part has been removed). And towards the rear, it would just be the plastic around the tail light that's covered in camo. I don't think that would in anyway affect the speed cam from getting my plate.

yeh you totally missed what i was getting at.

rod185651
30-01-2011, 03:20 PM
I can't see, it being illegal, but how practical will be the fabric go with the weather? Is it cotton? If so, won't take long before it starts to fade then rot. When we went from green paint to camouflage, the rumour was that rovers could not be picked up by radars due to the "special" DPCU paint they were sprayed with, no one I knew was game enough to test that theory though.

RevHead
30-01-2011, 03:41 PM
the proper camo paint is supposed to reflect radar..mask it so you cant get a reading,,as for n.s.w paint laws cars must be more then 70 percent of 1 colour for rego,
bikes come under another bullshit rule

Redmohawk
30-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Pete Bullshit camo paint is just crap in a can , there is a underpaint that has special propertys but your old landi wont get any.
It is used , thats all I will say.

Redmohawk
30-01-2011, 04:27 PM
As far as covering the bike with Issued canvas it will fade after about 2 years if left in the sun a bit , I'd be more concerned with someone asking where you got something you shouldnt have ! If its a rip off (and i doubt it from the little peek I saw its the real deal) who knows how fast it will fade.

Large
30-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Camo is ghey. Even the gooks can see that shit if they squint hard enough.

Reactive Armour is where it's at baby!

RevHead
30-01-2011, 06:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by Redmohawk

Pete Bullshit camo paint is just crap in a can , there is a underpaint that has special propertys but your old landi wont get any.
It is used , thats all I will say.
stealth paint ,,???

rod185651
30-01-2011, 07:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by Redmohawk

As far as covering the bike with Issued canvas it will fade after about 2 years if left in the sun a bit , I'd be more concerned with someone asking where you got something you shouldnt have ! If its a rip off (and i doubt it from the little peek I saw its the real deal) who knows how fast it will fade.

Mate after 15 and a half years wearing green I can tell you it's not canvas or issued material, hence the comment about it's wear and tear. Our packs didn't have any problems, but our early non-issue comfy belts on our webbing wouldn't last that long in the J.

rod185651
30-01-2011, 07:17 PM
And for the Record, DPCU should be never used for civi vehicles or clothing, because it looks GHEY!

EFE 1230
30-01-2011, 07:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

Camo is ghey!

The Oracle speaks the truth

at least the bloke is actually ANONYMOUS until someone spots him riding it............or see's it parked up at some local WA "beat".......

Redmohawk
30-01-2011, 08:25 PM
your right rod you wouldnt wear that stuff, i've seen alot of it myself.

Adam McGregor
31-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Our new cams are supposed to have some uv magic bullshit impregnated in the material so as not to get picked up buy radar. I highly doubt this. It isn't the stuff the chicken stranglers wear over west. They have a new digital cam which looks like vomit. But they reckon it works and they would know.

Redmohawk
31-01-2011, 06:56 PM
yep and my cock glows red after a good tug lol

Hmmm sorry shouldnt have to many turkeys before posting , your refering the the milar/alu weave in some Aus stuff its to stop infared not radar, makes you harder to spot through night vision but only first gen scopes. If your being shot at for real at night your in a spotlight or there using a gen 3 at least and your dead before you hear the bang lol

DiscoDan
31-01-2011, 10:00 PM
We used to supply to ADF a carbon impregnated cam fabric which reduced your thermal profile but I've never heard of radar proof. Are radars even used to detect personel?

Redmohawk
01-02-2011, 04:40 AM
only when a coppers pissed at you for flying to low lol

Adam McGregor
01-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Yeah infrared is probably what it is. I am an armourer so don't have much to do with it.

AN0NYM0US
03-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Had been to the DOT today. Got told that camo isn't illegal or anything like that.