PDA

View Full Version : wiring problems

pav69
26-01-2011, 07:44 PM
ok guys is there anyone that is good with wiring and would like to help me tidy up my loom hanging off the side of my zxr no fairings now to hide things and not a lot of room to hide stuff ,i am located on the central coast cheers steve.

Skinner
26-01-2011, 08:41 PM
hey pav I relocated most of mine around the inside of the frame - i.e. main loom goes inside RHS under/over the coil, etc. Just get crazy with some zippy ties and don't be afraid to unplug and replug just label matching wires with masking tape or something.

Just don't lay wires where they might melt and make sure you keep connections sealed/dry.

pav69
27-01-2011, 08:30 AM
hey alex has yours got that vacuum setup with all the pipes hanging off it ,i would like to rip it off and chuck it away but i dont think i can .i know where i would like to put my wiring but there is a lot of it and it has been messed with more times than you could imagine ,making my flatbars today so i will have a crack at it tomorrow then i will know the correct lengths of wires and cables then see what i have to replace.

Skinner
27-01-2011, 04:43 PM
By vacuum setup you mean the emissions kit on the valve cover?? I don't have it on my model, but I hear that US models had it - ie the ZX7R - same bike different name + that emissions junk. Is yours from o/seas?? Might want to check with a more pro person on this forum (there are many lol)...anyone know if removing these will affect the tune? I think just see what they vacuum pipe is connected to and what they're powering/feeding and try to make a decision then. You sound like you know what you're doing though - only the brave chop at looms ;)

pav69
27-01-2011, 10:57 PM
i looked in workshop manual and canadian models have them the pipework goes to airbox and carbs i think ,has anyone attempted to get rid of this stuff or do i have to keep it in order to keep my bike running properly ,i would put a photo up but it says i cant at the moment anyone have any idea.

TurboKat
28-01-2011, 09:09 AM
You can remove all that shit no worries, simple way of putting it is - just pull it all off & block all the resulting holes. It doesn't affect performance in any way & gets rid of a whole lot of unnecessary crap.

pav69
28-01-2011, 11:05 AM
good stuff not to good with mechanical stuff myself but willing to have a go cheers for the advice .

pav69
28-01-2011, 03:39 PM
ok guys the vacuum lines that run to the carbs do i block them off or join them will this cause any problems with pressure it has a line running to the top of the carbs and a line running to inlet tubes used to syncronize the carbs.