PDA

View Full Version : noisy farkn brakes

WATEVR
09-03-2007, 08:54 PM
i am running EBC double H pads which i put in just before the race w/end that i crashed the bike on. at the time i thought it was because they wherent bedded in properly yet but now its just starting to give me the shits........they always SQUEAL:(. i have removed them and resurfaced and at the same time gave the discs a light rub which some wet n dry but they still want shut up.is it just that type of pad and should i replace them or is there something else i could try to fix it???

stop the noise it very hard to be cool when the brakes are noisier than the zorst[:o)]!!!

jakam04
09-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Got the same problem... just thought it was cheap pads...

Jarrod

cutcat
09-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Guys its sounds like you're running a sintered metal pad. Most shops sell these as they last longer but the metal in them squeals and worst of all is they wear your disks out!! So its false economy. Ask for an organic pad, (like the ones my wife uses:D)

Hillsy
09-03-2007, 10:17 PM
It probably is the pad material, but I remember having the rear brake on an older bike do this to me once after I'd taken the rear end apart and re-assembled. They were the same pads and they just started sqealing on application. Turns out I had the pad spring on backwards. It didn't look any different either way so I was pretty spun out by that.
Then again, it was a Yamaha ......

10-03-2007, 04:01 AM
The double h pads are the race ones, and they were more expensive than standard, much better grip than standard pads though, and they do wear your disks out faster, but grip is more important, especially on my old 9. I don't get any squeaking.
I'd be checking the caliper operation, and pad springs.

Jockney Rebel
10-03-2007, 04:42 AM
try some brake grease on the back of the pad cured my old zxr

Gix11
10-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Squel is from resonance, so something is looser than it should be. I'd be going with the spring theory if I was you. Replace the springs or at least give them a little oil and see if that helps. I have sintered pads and no noise at all.

WATEVR
10-03-2007, 01:03 PM
thanks guys might have to give some tlc