PDA

View Full Version : ECU for an TL1000 ????

ALBI
16-01-2011, 06:46 PM
oh boy either im a fucked mechanic or my ECU has gone the SUZUKI gods booohoooooo
have tested the following
both coils have got batt voltage,via side-stand circuit.
tested them for resistance prim 4.5 ohms "max is 5 ohms"
prim 23.45 ohms "max 29 ohms" so coils are good tested with test light has power to both sides and under cranking has no pulse!

test crank angle sensor at terminal 237.47 ohms "max is 275 ohms"
te4sted peak voltage 5.2 volts "min is 4 v if under replace
next is ECU plug test removed and retest all good but when testing peak volage i get 9v not the 5.2 at the plug ?? manuel says if different replace harness????
hmmm carried out contiuity test of siad wires between the ECU plug and crank sensor harness plug and it was 0.00 kohms which says to me no short to ground or power and no resistance in harness ??

now as some of you know from my previous posts my TL has had excesive fuel consumption probs basicly i got 104 klms to a tank of fuel and that is when the light comes on
hey suzuki fighter what does ur yellow best get ??

anyway slowly but surly it got harder to start and when it got hot it would pop and fart and miss hmmm valve shims i thought so they are done and purfect ,not that!
then i took for a ride down the street and it did the same but shot out 1ft flames and died wouldnt start pushed home and on way tried and it fired up but ran like shit but got me to40 klms and died but coasted home and from then on ,no spark farrrrrrk!

anyway after all that and testing ive come up that the ECU is farked !!

sooooo i was kinda hopping that fellow TL riders up here in tha hunter and central coast would do me a favour " aha you knew there was a catch to this post!!!"
all im after is to place my ECU into ur bike and see if it starts???
it will only take 5 mins to do or you can pop over to my place at thornton at end of freeway and ill provide you amber fliud cold ones that is or spirits , it is as simple as taking of ur seat and uncliping ur ECU and poping mine in!!!!

please

chopiesel
16-01-2011, 06:49 PM
is it an r? im happy to send you mine for testing.

ALBI
16-01-2011, 06:51 PM
ah should have said that huh mine is an 97 model TLS!!
fucked if i know if they are the same tho?? ill find out from suzuki on monday

fimpBIKES
16-01-2011, 08:15 PM
does the R one work in the s?
i have a spare R ecu u could try out

ALBI
16-01-2011, 08:43 PM
i cant see why it wouldnt fimp?
you work in bero dont you ?
im on arvos at the moment if you dont mind id like to borrow it for the day? i can pop into ur work and pick it up try it and then drop it back off to ya

Booster
16-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Bridged the dealer plug and checked for fault codes ?usually ecu or sensor related issues can be found quickly
other thing to test is fuel pressure and or volume

fimpBIKES
16-01-2011, 10:02 PM
oh yeah, good point booster
you checked the codes albi or have you got aftermarket gauges?

i'll dig up the spare and see if we can do a swap tues ;)

Dynomutt
17-01-2011, 07:18 AM
If you are finding the bike running rich then the chances are you need to either get the ECU remapped with a yoshi box or have a power commander fitted and have it mapped to suit. If you have changed exhausts or filters etc then the fueling will change, and without a means of remapping there's nothing you can do about it. Personally I only use a power commander to remap, if it goes wrong then it's a cheap fix to replace it, if the ECU goes wrong when it has been mapped then it gets expensive. I always advise people to have the bike mappped on a dyno rather than downloading one of the generic maps available, with a custom map you know the fueling will be right.

ALBI
17-01-2011, 08:32 AM
dealer plug done and dusted boys no codes and the thing about codes from an ecu is only if an hard fault with sensor/conection etc!!
hey booster fuel aint my prob its the no spark ,wish it was then that would be easy!!
dynomutt im going to get dynotuned! but first being a mech ,i need to get running properly,only has stock airfilter but had staintunes now has giannelli's ,i took her to a bloke in raymond tce to get dynod but he told me to get running correctly first, he could do it but as he knew im a mech he said save myself monies and do myself then bring in to fine tune!!
hey fimp no probs mate tues would be good

Beaza
17-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Albi, TLR and TLS [u]are</u> different ecu's!!!
I have a spare 97 TLS ecu on the shelf. Let me know how ya go, and i can ship it to you to try if you like.

Booster
17-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Is the tach showing and movement when cranking ?
Does it have a Powercommander on it yet ?
If it starts and runs try disconnecting the cam sensor once its running (they run fine once started ) if the cam sensor is faulty while running it basicly confuses the ecu.
Later bikes show more from the dealer plug, they look for flyback voltage from injectors and coils to show correct function ,
still would have thought a ign fault would give some sort of fault, you may be on the right track looking for another ecu

ALBI
17-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanx bessa id love to take you up on the offer. Trust suzuki to make em different ill pm my addy later mate

Booster,havent fitted pc yet want to get her running good first,it hasnt got any spark at all

Hey fimp dont worry about the tlr ecu bessa says its different mate,cheers for ur offer mate and you to chopiesel

ALBI
17-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Opps sorry beaza cant spell

Big Dan
17-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Hay ALBI your in luck mate just talked to suzuki fighter and he is going to bring his bike up to my workshop tomorrow to do the fuel pump and injecters so he was going to cool in to your place but ive just noticed you said you are on arvo so after tomorrow you could call into my workshop on the way to work and pick it up[8D]

ALBI
18-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Mate you just got to love asf boys huh all willing to lend ahand boys
Hey dan ill pm u

ALBI
18-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Pm sent dan

Big Dan
19-01-2011, 05:42 PM
so how did you go ALBI?

chopiesel
19-01-2011, 05:46 PM
i had no intention of ever sending my puter, i new it wouldn't fit that's why i offered to make myself look helpful.

ALBI
19-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Well looks like im a fucked mech lol,put matts ecu"suzuki fighter" and got spark but very weak!
Hmmmm ok ,i put the lot together and fired her up,only ran on rear cyl,and brought up code24"front cyl" ?????
Then it died,farking fark!!
Pulled out ecu went to big dans workshop were matts tl is put his ecu baxk in and ran good,hmmmmm,so I put my ecu in and it fireed up and ran good,farrrrrrrrk!!!

Then while I was going through this list of diagnosing with dan I relised the one thing I didnt do was "chexk the plugs doh!!!
I use bp ultimate 98 and if u just comute as I was it kills plugs !!!!
When I tested for spark I didnt use my plug tester as it is to big to fit into the plug tube so I used the same plug to test for spark and went from there ,stupid poofer fucking!!!!
So stoped at suzuki and got new ones so tomoz ill fimd oit if I got a bile again.

Big Dan
19-01-2011, 06:39 PM
This is why we drink:D make shore you bring it up when its going

ALBI
20-01-2011, 12:29 AM
The cold amber fluid or the TL???

Beaza
20-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Glad you got it sorted mate.......well it sounds like ya have!

ALBI
21-01-2011, 01:05 PM
thanks for the offer of the ecu beaza

RevHead
21-01-2011, 02:02 PM
alb bout fuckin time bro,i was getting sick of reading,lol

ALBI
21-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Put new plugs in fucked of bp ultimate and the fucker fired up woohoo yippeeeeeeeeee
I cant belive I fell for the oldest fuckup a mech can do trust the plugs I replaced 8months ago and test everything else then again when you are in the workshop you have new ones on the shelf and because most mechs are lazy we reach for the new plug and dont pull the old ones out if spark there then you replace the plug doh fucking doh!!!!
Now put her together for a quick ride and pull the wheels of to paint and reshoe the old girl with some new rubber

Big Dan
21-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Hay ALBI that web site for your tyres is www.rockymountainatvmc.com give them a go mate[8D] Good to hear about the plugs mate just dont tell scotty:D:D:D

ALBI
23-01-2011, 07:30 AM
will do dan, took her for a blat last night oh boy did
it feel good,fucker didnt miss a beat went down to toronto turn off up through belmont and boolaroo and back on freeway back to home.4 months of the old girl and it felt good but now i feel like shit because i had a shower before i went put on my ASF teeshirt out on my new aftershave that my mum got for me from scottland while she was on holidays "largerfeild" i love the stuff i used to knock of my uncles stash and put it on and walked up to my wife and said how about this huh do you like it ?? well she says right away who are you seeing !!!! i only wanted her to smell how good it was so when i got back from a quick blat id come in and try to "well you know " but all she is thinking ,lying fucking prick. i told sharon that it was going down the freeway for a quick run and when was she going to bed so id be back in time for her ,but after that i took longer and done the toronto shoot!thinking im in the shit might as well have a good ride !!
has anyone else had this happen!!