PDA

View Full Version : EFI conversion

Booster
16-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Many of you probably have not been following the ECU editor stuff ,
But the 07-08 gix has now been hacked and can be flashed for fuel/ign ,limiter/etc etc etc
info http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?aBID=99460&p=3&topicID=40170066
and http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288635
with the editor programe available free here
http://www.ecueditor.com/
and premade hardware here
http://www.boostbysmith.com/ecugen2.html

this is the same technology i have on my turbo busa & running it all with the std ecu .and Busa image can flash onto gix firmware

Now
My Aussie 750 landspeed bike started out as a carb model that i fitted 98 efi to , then fitted 01 1k efi to ,
i have just upgraded my 1k to 06 spec ecu, and already going to change it to 07-08 efi to take advantage of all the features available
So i will be able to put this 07-07 gix ecu on my 750 for a full quality standalone type control and features including logging,boost control , dry nos control if i wanted plus a host of other more regular features like fuel and ign mapping
Same would apply to just about any inline 4 cylbike, that you can fit throttlebodies, a crank and cam sensor and 24-2 crank rotor to

Figure this may interest several on here

Hagarr
16-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Thanks Greg thats great news I haven't checked the ECU editor site for a bit as I can't get my datalogging to work and I'm leaving it alone a bit so I don't get totally pissed off!

My other project I am currently doing is EFI on the Harris with an 1127 based engine using '04 gixxer 1000 Harness and '02 throttle bodies.

You mention you have upgraded your '01 ECU to '06 any chance you could shed some light on this as I would really like to use the functionality of the ECU Editor for tuning particularly given I have removed some items such as STP's as the shafts wouldn't fit between the Harris frame rails.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the update.

Booster
16-01-2011, 01:54 PM
The only thing i have not tested on the 01-06 conversion is the dash function

but most of the wires have the same colour doing the same thing but with the connectors at the steering head being so different i hardwired like colours and only had 2 left over, let you know what they are as my wiring diagram doesnt have them either, gray and a red/black ?? just going to plug it in and see what doesn't work
for the 06 conversion i fitted a 06 crank gear with the 24-2 tooth arrangement
crank sensor pluged in, cam sensor pluged in,primary injectors clips are interchangable, secondarys were zero'd out in the software , ect and iat senders cliped straight on

fuel pump /sender plug is a 3 pin on the 06 and a 4 pin on the 01 i depinned the 4 and joined the 2 earth side wires and put the pins back in a 3 pin plug.
pulled the exhaust valve wire from the ecu and left it off
fan plug needs converting to 01
pair valve has a 50ohm resistor across the pins
i fully bypassed the ign switch and both bar switch sets, now has a toggle for power , momentary for starting and lanyard for engine kill, my ecu is US and has no immobiliser only needing a 100 ohm resistor to the ecu security pin .
You would need the 07 setup i think to turn off the secondary throttle valve easier, mine is still in there with no plates
Havn't realy tried the logging as my dl32 from Innovative does it in a very user freindly way and i am very familiar with it and have extra sensors like egt that ecu editor does not support

kevkatana
16-01-2011, 06:53 PM
How hard would it be to convert my '91 Gix 11 to EFI Greg? I've been thinking about it for ages. K1/2 thou throttle boddies are meant to go in a treat from what I've heard?

Hagarr
16-01-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm currently doing just that!

'02 gixxer thou TB with '04 harness. on to an oil booler 1127 out to 1370.

providing some interesting moments.

The TB fit is the easiest bit so far and I thought that was hard.
HAHA.

See my build thread theres some of it there and Banditrod is also doing this as well, haven't heard how far he's got yet!!

Booster
16-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Dunno about the physical fit Kev , sounds like its not unpopular at any rate, Livewire is another with efi on a earlier bike
but the ecu stuff , and rest of the conversion is not that difficult if you take it one step at a time,
fuel pump and regulator , fuel supply from tank and return,hi pressure hoses, fiting crank and cam sensors ,air and engine temp sensors, throttlebodies will have tps, the hardware like this all takes time
but you would need to either use a 00-04 ecu and powercommander or bazzaz OR 05-06 and rom raider flash tune or 07-08 and editor tune , i was surprised how well the 750 ran on the stock 1000 tune, 1100 probably similar,