PDA

View Full Version : Dash mounting

morrigan
11-01-2011, 10:05 PM
After much deliberation, moving (twice), fucking about, trying to find money and general procrastination, the GSXR is finally looking like a project. Can't rush into these things!
So. I want to keep the original instruments for the time being - committing myself to a mortgage means keeping the "play money" to a reasonable amount - and I've searched threads trying to see what others have done. No immediate solutions have come to light.
Has anyone else retained the original instruments on a 1995 GSXR11, and what sort of solutions did you come up with for a bracket? Is there anything suitable available already, or did you need to design your own? Anyone got a template?

11-01-2011, 10:29 PM
How close are 1994 750 instruments? Just happen to have a set of them doing nothing, along with all the brackets and fairings.

morrigan
12-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Not after fairywings or standard brackets. I have the dash. I have the new top yoke with risers. I don't have a bracket to attach the gauges to the top yoke. Most people here seem to have switched to different gauges/dash, and probably have the associated bracket to mount the dash. I want to mount the existing dash to the new top yoke, bringing it all up to the handlebar.

scotty
12-01-2011, 05:33 PM
just piss it all of and if your to cheap to get a m/c speedo(only up to 200 bucks) then go to a pushy shop and get pushy speedo with a back light

pav69
22-01-2011, 10:08 AM
howdy i just made a bracket to hold my standard gauges took a couple of hours of mucking about but it can be done i ride a zxr750 i dont see it being to different to a gixer