PDA

View Full Version : New to forum, from the goldcoast

burkerider
10-01-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm new to this site but have been riding for 22 years, some past bikes i've had include an ancient kwaka Z750, gsxr750, R1 and now i'm on an 08 FZ1. Fender eliminator, powerbronze belly pan, gytr carbon fibre pipe, airbox mod with K&N airfilter, the PC3 should be arriving anyday now and Stephen from Powerhouse in Nerang will dyno tune it for me. The bike still looks fairly standard but it's a work in progress, one step at a time. I'm always keen for a ride but most of my old riding mates have sold up and started families(mental) so these days mostly ride solo.Can't find many ride days or events in this part of the world either, any recomendations?

turbowarrior
10-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Welcome to Streetfighter. You'll find plenty of things to do on this site.

oldskool
10-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Welcome Ian there are peeps up your way on here, Enjoy.

Jinx
10-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi Ian. Welcome to the nut house. Plenty of motorcyclists down your way but not sure where they hang out as I'm from Briz northside. I usually get a few guys together for a ride up Mount Mee, Bellthorpe, Peachester (sometimes Somerset and Glorious) most weekends if its dry enough. Might have to let a few people on the ASF forum know as this threads a bit quiet. Best bet would be to head for the great bike roads in your area and find out where they stop for a smoke and a drink and have a chat with them. I would say thats Tamborine, Hinze Dam and Canungra. Try organising a ride on this forum for other Street Fighter Pilots so dont be shy.

P.S. Check out these events and meet up with some fellow deviates.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21967

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21968

burkerider
10-01-2011, 04:01 PM
cheers jinx. I was going to start building an ark and collecting animals. I was out along advance town rd through numinbar vally the other day and the roads are stuffed. Pot holes everywhere from all the water. Are they any better up your way?

Jinx
10-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Our roads up here have gone to shit in a big way with pot holes, washouts and land slips. Not too bad for me at the moment cuz I ride a motard but the pits for sports bikes I ride with. Gettin my old FJ 1200 back soon so I hope this wet pisses off.

skoerbin
10-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Welcome, they just started repairing some of the more major pot holes arounf my area in brisbane, so hopefully one day soon they will get them done around your way. one person who springs to mind whos from your way is joe, crazymofo. hes a good bloke, helped me with some parts for my bike. if he doesnt reply on here send him a message and say gday and im sure he will start you off as to where everyone rides, drinks etc.

scott

skoerbin
10-01-2011, 06:06 PM
thought id post a pic up for you from the other thread

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x431/burkerider71/100_3444.jpg

V8er
10-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Welcome to ASF Ian good to see another Queenlander about.