PDA

View Full Version : Custom HandBrakes

vtr420
08-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Hey i was going to just go down but i though it might be easyier as i know they are on this fourm. But do Custem Creations do Handbrake modifications???

I can just pigi back a nipple onto my master because there is stuff in the way that would need to be grinded out...

Just wondering thanks

03gixxerpilot
08-03-2007, 06:03 PM
hey mate what are you trying to do, are you trying to fit a hand operated rear brake?

Gix11
08-03-2007, 06:09 PM
You mean Ben at Extreme Creations? I'm sure he'd help you mate.

chopaweeza
08-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Probably means Shaun at Custom Creations in QLD.

shift1313
08-03-2007, 10:35 PM
do you want a thumb brake? those things are money but you can make one if you really want to. if you piggy back a nipple to your master then every time you hit the rear brake, in a wheelie, your going to lock your front up which im sure youve figured out isnt great when your bringing a wheelie down.

loosebruce
08-03-2007, 10:58 PM
I have seen a hydraulic clutch m/c with shorty lever mounted at the left grip underneath the clutch.
Can you fit a longer banjo bolt to piggyback the extra line?

09-03-2007, 01:21 AM
Ever thought of leaving the front wheel on the deck, and just riding yer bike mate. Sounds like it'd save a lot of hassles :D

vtr420
09-03-2007, 02:15 PM
i man a rear brake fixed to my handle bars piggi backed on my rear master.

And yes i ment ben i live in Deewhy thanks Gixs just didnt want to go ask him if he didnt do anything like that

puppet
11-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Matt Mingay sells them on his website for around $300 complete.

vtr420
11-03-2007, 05:42 PM
yeah i know i bought one and Dangerous Dave lost it lol

but i still have the problem of attaching the nipple to the master because the rear pillion peg frame is in the way

shift1313
12-03-2007, 04:53 AM
how does it work piggybacked into the rear master?

vtr420
12-03-2007, 08:19 PM
ill post some pics up tommorow but imagin a normal honda master then flip it round so the middle res hose points down not up .. that is where u need to piggi back the hand brake.. but beacuse for some stupid reason mine points down and the bracket for my pillion peg runs right infrount of it. so there is no room for the connection.

I think i rather need to grind away some of the mount so it fits or some how flip the mount for the master so it points up ???

but any way if u didnt get that i will post up pics tommorow

Peace

shift1313
12-03-2007, 09:04 PM
i think i got it. You are using the normal reservoir from the rear master as your inlet hose from your front master(which acts as a res when not used?) i guess that would mean you are pressurizing the system through the small bypass hole in the master because when your not on the foot brake you dont exactly have a straight shot to the caliper, least i dont think so. couldnt you run a standard T off the front of just about any bike and run two lines in and one out instead? would solve your rear master mounting problem i would imagine, then everything is standard banjo. Im not sure what that would do to the brakes though.