PDA

View Full Version : Embroidered Patches - where to get them made

Petrol Spice
06-01-2011, 08:37 PM
I had a really good mate of mine die of suddenly and me and some of the boys are looking to have some patches made for our jackets. I can't find anyone in Brisbane that makes them. Can anyone point me to a known mob that do a good job.

kev@vcm
06-01-2011, 08:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Petrol Spice

I had a really good mate of mine die of suddenly and me and some of the boys are looking to have some patches made for our jackets. I can't find anyone in Brisbane that makes them. Can anyone point me to a known mob that do a good job.

i get all mine done at http://www.harleyria.com/ let her know that i put you onto her and she will look after you really well

Petrol Spice
06-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Thank you.

evilkarl
06-01-2011, 09:56 PM
If you live on the northside, there is a really good small business at Gaythorne on Samford Rd. Used them myself before and their work is top quality.

scotty
07-01-2011, 07:46 AM
gay thorne... Hehehehehe

Fight_fan
07-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Anyone have a good place they get their patches stitched on??? I'v got a few i want put on my jacket but no one in town seems to do it...

Nudie
07-01-2011, 08:49 AM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Anyone have a good place they get their patches stitched on??? I'v got a few i want put on my jacket but no one in town seems to do it...

Lance if you come up to the Gong there is a guy on Crown St who does heaps of leather stuff and will stitch on patches.
City Mode Leather I think he's called

Fight_fan
07-01-2011, 12:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Nudie

Lance if you come up to the Gong there is a guy on Crown St who does heaps of leather stuff and will stitch on patches.
City Mode Leather I think he's called

Cheers mate! I'l keep him in mind the nxt time im up that way hey!

KATO ZX7
07-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Lance, its called a needle and thread. Ask your mum :D

Fight_fan
08-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Through leather??? Shit! Ur keen! Will u do it for me Kato??? lol

Redmohawk
08-01-2011, 06:39 PM
You need two tools lance first one is called an "Awl" used to punch holes in the leather with a neadle where you want to put them for thread with a separate neadle later and then a metal thimbal (goes over your finger like a hat to push the back of neadle through without hurting your finger) a few neadles and some heavy thread cost you all up about $12 at spotlight mate . Then go for it lol

KATO ZX7
08-01-2011, 09:13 PM
mmm leather...

what about glue?

Redmohawk
09-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Contact adhesive like "Kwick grip" is faster easyer my patch has stayed on for almost 1 year 2 falls at 100 plus and 87,000 kms and its more waterproof than stitching lol

gibbo
09-01-2011, 05:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by Redmohawk

Contact adhesive like "Kwick grip" is faster easyer my patch has stayed on for almost 1 year 2 falls at 100 plus and 87,000 kms and its more waterproof than stitching lol

87,000 k's in one year? That is a fucken shit load of time of time on the road,the circumference of the earth at the equator is 40,075.16 kilometers so that means your name is Ferdinand or you are delusional, which is it?

TurboKat
09-01-2011, 05:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by gibbo

87,000 k's in one year? That is a fucken shit load of time of time on the road,the circumference of the earth at the equator is 40,075.16 kilometers so that means your name is Ferdinand or you are delusional, which is it?

Option 3 of course, is Full Of Shit.

gibbo
09-01-2011, 06:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

quote:Originally posted by gibbo

Option 3 of course, is Full Of Shit.

KA CHING!!!!!

Redmohawk
09-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Nope average varies a bit , most weeks of late 1500 k's just mon to fri work without going anywhere on weekends (been a bit slack and taking the car) is 185 km return trip if I go the short route to work and back mostly freeway I prefer freeway on the way too work and hills on the way home through yea along down to merton gap through euroa and back to shep works out about 270 k's that way 5 times a week without going into town (15K's one way do it at least once a day , Burn through a rear tyre (from new to almost threads) about every month without burnouts or otherwise thrashing said tyre. Speedo Km's ticked over 18,000 on my way to NFR is at 20681 atm and had 3 weeks off for X mas and driving the car to much.

Just because you cant fathom something doesnt mean it isnt true, just that you have small minds.

timbo
09-01-2011, 06:49 PM
How do you thrash a tyre on a gpz/x 600?

Redmohawk
09-01-2011, 07:15 PM
true enough timbo lol

Shadowzone
09-01-2011, 08:52 PM
It's doable I used to average 60,000k's a yr on bike. Then I got off them for some time and spent my life in the cab of a truck doing 1000 - 1200k's a day (and sometimes a lot more).

I racked up 70,000 k's in 6 months working as a sales rep driving a company car they used to replace them at 150,000k's so every 12 - 13months new car for the rep.

K's aren't hard to clock up if you don't live and work inside the 20k radius most people tend to live their lives in.

Fight_fan
10-01-2011, 07:08 AM

You need two tools lance first one is called an "Awl" used to punch holes in the leather with a neadle where you want to put them for thread with a separate neadle later and then a metal thimbal (goes over your finger like a hat to push the back of neadle through without hurting your finger) a few neadles and some heavy thread cost you all up about $12 at spotlight mate . Then go for it lol

Hmmm... cheers mate! Will look into it. Hadnt considered the glue option tho, didnt think it would adhere well to the leather.

nick76
10-01-2011, 08:38 AM

There's a shoe repair place in Schofield Lane,Nowra that does repairs to leather shoes,bags,whatever,and im sure he could do it.
He charges close to fuck all aswell.

Redmohawk
10-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Contact Adhesive is what most leather shoe's are stuck together with in the first place now days. If there good shoes there stitched after. Just put a thin layer on both patch and where you want it on your jacket, Easy option for putting on your jacket is lay it out use masking tape to outline where you want glue , give it a wipe with some metho to take off any wax etc on jacket, then brush glue on thinly.

Then leave both patch and jacket separate to let glue dry till its just sticky, you want it almost dry. When you can touch glue without it staying on your finger but is still sticky push patch onto jacket but make sure you get it on square and true as you will only get one go. Then leave for 24 hours, If you want it to be a little more secure a stitch in each corner will stop them lifting.

Jup
10-01-2011, 05:38 PM
^^^ what he said. I also leave a phone book on top of the patch while it's drying.

mark_solno
13-01-2011, 05:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by Petrol Spice

hey use http://www.allembroidered.com/

it is good. i use allembroidered. if you just wanna try so use their trial order.

Thanks mark