PDA

View Full Version : star wars weapons are here ....

Jockney Rebel
06-01-2011, 12:38 AM
if this is whats publically available i wanna know whats classfied lol

The U.S. Air Force is currently working on the YAL-1 airborne laser, mounted in a Boeing 747, to shoot down enemy ballistic missiles over enemy territory.
100 kW - Claimed output of a CO2 laser being developed by Northrop Grumman for military (weapon) applications.

On January 31, 2008 the US Navy tested a railgun that fired a shell at 10.64 MJ with
a muzzle velocity of 2,520 m/s.[16] Its expected performance is a muzzle velocity over 5,800 m/s,
accurate enough to hit a 5 meter target over 200 nautical miles
(370.4 km) away while firing at 10 shots per minute. The power was provided
by a new 9-megajoule (MJ) prototype capacitor bank using solid-state switches and
high-energy-density capacitors delivered in 2007 and an older 32-MJ pulse power system from
the US Army’s Green Farm Electric Gun Research and Development Facility developed in the
late 1980s that was previously refurbished by General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) Division.[17] It is expected to be ready between 2020 to 2025.[18]
BAE Systems has delivered a 32 MJ prototype to the Navy.[1

The most recent test of a railgun took place on December 10th, 2010, by the US Navy at the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division[19]. During the test, the Office of Naval Research set a world record by conducting a 33 MJ shot from the railgun, which was built by BAE Systems.[20][21]

Several modern experimental particle beam weapons were tested at scientific laboratories such as the Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico by both the United States and the USSR from the 1950s to the 1980s.
The U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative Organization put into development the technology of a neutral particle beam for strategic defense applications. In mid 1989, it was to be part of the Beam Experiments Aboard a Rocket (BEAR) in New Mexico.[14]
Sandia National Laboratories, part of Lockheed Martin Co., in Sandia New Mexico, on Dec. 15, 2008, broke ground on the $40 million Ion Beam Laboratory at Kirtland Air Force Base. It will house six accelerators and is scheduled for occupancy in 2010

bring on the ETs (':D')

:D:D

Surt
06-01-2011, 06:14 AM
russia already has very powerful co2 lasers mltk-50 which can be accomodated into a standard sea container and capable of 50kW enough to hit a plane. it pumps up by a turbo jet engine. so there no sci fi its real since 90s

http://i54.tinypic.com/292mgrn.jpg

try and search some reading, heres wat i found
http://www.intelligenceonline.com/technology/1994/06/22/russian-laser-cannon-for-sale,64784-ART
if u can afford to spend 4 euro...

Surt
06-01-2011, 06:19 AM
caught in action:

http://i55.tinypic.com/ixgxhw.jpg

Redmohawk
06-01-2011, 09:20 AM
BAE ,eh funny mob . Partical beam/laser stuff is fine and dandy but heaps of power to do any real damage over looooong distances (to hard to keep focused into a tight beam, they have tryed all kinds of shit to make it work well including vaporising the air path it will travel through first before firing beam!) Prob is the air the beam travels through disperses the beam at an ever increasing rate till the beam will only cook your toast to brown. Look at the star wars projects back in the Reagan years the spooks said no problem , 1000 million dollars and 5 years later and they can cook toast at 1000km, but to reliably hit a missle traveling at speed 10 seconds after lift off is NOT repeatable sure they can do it with the fucker sitting on the launch pad with a day to prepear. The physics havent changed in the last 30 years a focused beam of light or particals is still dispersed by air over distance at effectivley a logrithmic rate , EG the first 100 km is fine and a hole gets cooked right through what ever you aim at but streach it too 200 km and the beam is getting so spread its easyer to hit the target but takes longer to heat it to the point of distruction at 300 km your cooking toast lol

Scientists will tell you (doomsday most likley wont come from god) but one option will be a Gamma beam from space! The energy from such a beam will cook us like an egg, A pulsar sun self destructing can give off a pulse beam so strong it could travel 20 light years and still melt a planet, though it would take most of the energy of a sun 100 time as heavy as our own to do it. Yet that same energy passed through the same distance of Air would be less powerful than the starlight from other stars 100 light years away.

Ultra high velocity projectiles have there own issues (rail gun's) but there far more practical over 400 km with speeds approching 7km a second time of flight to target is just under a min. For larger slow targets like (Bad transformers) this is fast enough and great shit for taking out big ass distroyers aircraft carriers n the like. Smaller multipul units mounted like warheads in cruse missles are capable of being indevidually tasked to close range (50 km) targets for missle defence with 100 gram plastic composite projectiles being fired at close to 5 km/s at up to 15 targets. These are single shot units where the gun is distroyed upon firing.

If you would like one of these I could be motivated to construct you one for a small fee, assuming you have all the relavant licences etc say a guaranteed 10 shots before its fucked all at 4 km/s for say $100K . For $10K I'll draw you the plans on a paper napkin lol

Redmohawk
06-01-2011, 10:00 AM
For a Bottle of turkey and coke I'll help you make your own "fire once" maybe twice setup you supply the super capacitors and a pair of copper bus bars and I'll provide a power supply to make you hair stand on end.

Nudie
06-01-2011, 11:09 AM
These particle beams travel in a straight line dont they? So how do they hit anything at or close to ground level beyond line of sight? A rough guide to the distance to horizon is approx 28km away when your eye level is 2m above sea level (that is, looking out over a smooth sea). Possible if something (ie, a rocket) has been launched and is visible above the horizon. But you would need to be airborne if you wanted to take out ground installations or vehicles etc that where beyond normal line of sight.

fimpBIKES
06-01-2011, 01:17 PM
im not sure about this nudie,
but i think because light particles have mass they can be effected by gravity

not 100% sure though...

bladehunter
06-01-2011, 01:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

not 100% sure though...

If you're the size of the sun or larger

Booster
06-01-2011, 05:01 PM
most of this technology is most effective from above, and a rail gun type weapon and can be achieved even easier just by having something as simple as a crowbar dropping from orbit

slickncghia
06-01-2011, 05:49 PM
bae cant even make a freeking eyelet hole big enough for the bit of rope!

the lazer will work but 90% of the fleet will be spares in 2 years

BANDITROD
06-01-2011, 06:47 PM
wtf this is totally not what i expected in here show me some cool guns ffs

el sammo
06-01-2011, 07:39 PM
does this mean i can mount a laser on a shark anytime soon?

BANDITROD
06-01-2011, 08:25 PM
haaahahhahahahhahahhaahahaahah

Iceman
06-01-2011, 08:40 PM
How about a mildly distressed seabass?

Redmohawk
06-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Gravity can bend light but you'll need something the mass of our sun squished into the size of our plannet to get it dense enought to make that work. Or my ex's head its almost that dense.

Nudie they use big planes , and want to use sats , all smoke and mirrors atm. Prob is Using a mirror is ok till it gets a mark then the mirror is toast and who is going to go up and clean the fuckers ?

Booster is on the money though. Put up about 24 sat's in geo sink orbit with about 1 ton of neadle payload Say 100 10Kg high tensile metal (say depleated something) rods covered with creamic to stop them melting on the way down and drop em as you please. Speeds up around 80,000 km/h at drop point and landing speeds some where near 10,000 km/h with a Bc of around .94 no prob making a big hole in just about anything. Even software to pinpoint the landing spots give or take a bit from NASA lol

Lasers on sharks , lets get real here if you want fun and distruction put Semtex on cockroches you can even get them in remote control! Heaps of fun fucker's can carry enough to really make a mess if you get em really close to a persons foot it will make a mess of the others standing near em. Death by running shoe at 5000 f/s hmmmm

Surt
07-01-2011, 06:53 AM
im sure el sammo could build a laser from dvd rw'er for a roach to burn up a semtex roach hahaha!
wtf is bae? brittish aerospace or board of agriculrure [usa] both of em are surely damned mean fuckers

Surt
07-01-2011, 06:55 AM
quote:Originally posted by bladehunter

quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

not 100% sure though...

If you're the size of the sun or larger

rather with all gravity of black hole!

Redmohawk
07-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Surt, thought you'd know that one. Try putting "systems" after it in google and you will see the light, haha.

latheboy
07-01-2011, 11:03 AM
So if you can't bend light, how come you can bend a shadow?
If you hold a finger from each hand pointed at each other under a strong light, watch the shadow when you bring them together. the shadow will join before your fingers do...

There you go kiddies, a question to bug you for the rest of the day....

And the answer is............. 42

Redmohawk
07-01-2011, 02:31 PM
nope the answer is diffraction sorry

The deviation of the direction light is traveling occurs when the light passes around the edge of an object. The amount of bending which occurs is based on the wavelength of the light or the objects size in relation to light's wavelength. In addition to bending, light is sometimes broken into its basic components. These components are the colors of the rainbow

Redmohawk
07-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Didnt say you cant bend it, but its not worth the trouble loose to much power or still have to wash the mirror etc.

Fish
07-01-2011, 05:46 PM
pics or it never happened!

Surt
07-01-2011, 06:17 PM
yup it just the diffraction, secondary skool phisics, as for bein in the know for versitile stuff i am not, esp given the fact its hard enough for me to get into special scientific or military slang thanks heaps for credits injun!

Surt
07-01-2011, 06:20 PM
out for pics? try that:http://mystic-news.com/science-and-education/29-izgotovlenie-boevogo-lazera-svoimi-rukami.html

Fish
11-01-2011, 10:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y54aLcC3G74

Gixxer_rat85
11-01-2011, 05:45 PM
the only science we should care about here is power/weight, and terminal velocity! Stop fingering your fingers and cut shit off your bike! LOL