PDA

View Full Version : your opinion, and or advice wanted

03gixxerpilot
08-03-2007, 07:29 AM
:(
after 3 years of orgnising stunt days ( every sunday ) at the Townsville Drag strip I am thinking of giving it up. There are several reasons for this, i won't go into all of them, however a few of these are

a large downturn in attendance

a clash of working hours and the times that i hold them

a reluctance to front the owner everytime someone takes large gouges out of the track

a reluctance ( of some riders ) to wear the correct safty gear and then i'm the one thats the asshole when i stop them form riding

I also want to concentrate on working on my streetfighter ( which has been on the go for a few years ) I have got the shits with it not making porgress and have gotten the motivation to get moving on it recently ( how ever finances are lacking but there are other things that i can make a move on in the mentime ) Plus if i'm not racing and stunting the money i free up will help with the things that i want to get for the bike ie 1371cc kit, falicon conrods, and get it set up with full EFI, and a late model USD radial caliper front end.

Am i been a selfish asshole or is this a reasonable thing to do
what would you do if you were in my position
let me know what your thoughts are.

Phill
08-03-2007, 07:38 AM
Clive,
you've been stressing about this for a while now.
Fuck em, If the stupid bastards wont wear the right gear, be the "asshole" and stop them. They know the rules before they get on the track.
As for the gouges ??? only thing to guarantee it dosent happen is no stunting but I know as well as you how hard it is to get a decent site let alone a track, maybe work with the riders and owners, you fuck it you help fix it?.
Introduce the keenest / most dedicated rider to the owner and let them take over some of the organising. That way if it goes downhill its up to them to sort it out. You'll probably be still allowed to use it occasionally if your still on good terms with the owner.
All this from a disgruntled wanna be stunter with no talent or bike and place to ride it
Good luck and keep up the great work getting stunting out there.
Phill

03gixxerpilot
08-03-2007, 07:47 AM
Phill I will always be able to get the track reguardless of what happens with the stunting side of things, I will always have a place to go and PLAY if i feel the need, of course those that have been loyal and helpfull will also be able to access the track through me.

I like the idea of letting someone else orgnise it, but there seems few that realy understand the commetment that is involved ( it's not hard to orgnise ) but to be there every sunday week in week out gets tiring after a while but if someone is will to do this i am willing to stand aside and let them orgnise the days ( i will help with the first few )

Phill
08-03-2007, 09:51 AM
How much would I love to be living back in Brownsville? lived there for a while in 1991/3 but wasnt into stunting then. Its a shame Scott (up4it) moved out. Between He and Mons they could have done it. There arent too many places on the central coast that will even entertain the notion. Im sure if you hit up a couple of the dedicated they could do it. Would be a shame to see it go.
Phill

08-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Stunting ain't so important you have to give up you're own life for it. If you've done it for a few years then take a break for 6 months, then see how you feel.

DaveK5
08-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Clive your a fuckin legend for doing what you have done for us in tsv if youve had enough then so be it no need to worry.

Must admit I ain't been out to the track due to my own projects..I got 2 on the go meself...and I'm considering going back to bucket and prody racin....The decision is yours either way it doesn't matter...we'll prob lose the track in the future anyway...

Like yourself I also had/have probs with RAWDEAL "CUNTS" and I've been hiding under house for a while sniffing solvents..posting from work attm.

Give ya call someday...who knows maybe you'll finish that bike and I'll see ya on 2 wheels rather than 4.

chopaweeza
08-03-2007, 01:02 PM
I used to be the President of the Kawasaki W Series Owners Group. In the beginning it was a dozen guys in 4 countries. It grew to several hundred in a dozen countries after a few years. Attempts at spreading the load failled and in the end it was getting too much for me. I gave the guys an ultimatum , a 6 week period to get someone else and that was that. At the end of the six weeks if they didn't come up with someone to take over I was prepared to close it all down & walk away. Luckily for them someone decent stepped up and they have moved from strength to strength since. It's not easy being stuck between a rock & a hard place . Sometimes you have to take a break or be broken. If people want it bad enough someone will step up but if they don't then perhaps it's best to let things go. Nothing lasts forever and few things are worth gambling your health or sanity on.

Time to think about whats best for Clive

Wayne

zx12argh
08-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Mate if you can get out there and play yourself no worries how about just cut out the dick heads who dont appriciate the time and effort you put in. Make it invitation only and piss the other douche bags off. If they want the oppurtunity (not the RIGHT) to do it then maybe they will step up and change their attitude. I get a bit of this in other sports I'm involved with and sick of trying to change peoples attitutes.

03gixxerpilot
08-03-2007, 03:13 PM
I am thinking that choppers idea is pretty good, if someone is willing to do so i will show them the ropes, but if not then no more stunting, unless i want to go out for a play and then i will invite a few.

It is time that i got a few things done for my self and also have a rest form things for a while, i have been through a fair bit of shit in the last two months and will enjoy a break from the stress for things that cause some of it.

sooooooooo

one wards with the street fighter, even if it is only things that i can do without spending to much money for the moment.

Gix11
08-03-2007, 03:16 PM
The other guys have covered what I would have said Clive. Bottom line: It's your life and time. Do what is right for you, you don't owe it to anyone. If it's no longer fun, move along........

03gixxerpilot
08-03-2007, 03:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

The other guys have covered what I would have said Clive. Bottom line: It's your life and time. Do what is right for you, you don't owe it to anyone. If it's no longer fun, move along........

If it's no longer fun, move along........

Gix you just hit the nail on the head

WATEVR
08-03-2007, 09:38 PM
as the others have said clive you need to do shit fore yourself at the end of the day. be proud of the fact you helped so many ride in a safe enviroment for so long...cheers to you!!

Jockney Rebel
09-03-2007, 01:35 AM
wot they said...m8 sounds like time for some ME time clive

exile
09-03-2007, 04:18 AM
I would pull the plug on the lot of it for a few weeks, chill out and do what ya gotta do, then... see how you feel after that. If you do go back to it, approach a few of the faithfulls and suggest sharing the load/stress

Just my selfish tuppence worth
Jim

03gixxerpilot
09-03-2007, 06:46 AM
exile i have pretty much done that once befor ( late last year ) and honistly i don't mind going out to do my stuff, BUT with work and other shit happening i don't feel like going out all the time or even on the same days, I go out when i feel like it, It has become a hasle that i don't want or need, so as i have said previously, ( and at choppers sugestion ) i when i get back form holidays i will put forward an ultimatum : they will have 4 weeks to find someone willing to do this or they will loose it, I have a very good friendship with the promoter/owner of the track and will still be able to go out any time i wish to do my stuff.

I have a number of incompleat projects that i want to finish ( some of them will be abandond/sold off ) I have finlay got the shits with the street fighter that i have been SLOWELY getting bits for and workning on sooo i have given myself a very hard kick up the ass and stearn talking to and now made getting it finished my priorty ( still won't happen as fast as some on this site ) but will make progress a lot faster than it has been in the past.

Phill
09-03-2007, 07:04 AM
Good on ya Clive.
Enjoy some time for yourself.
I remember the flogging youo copped over the BBQ at a stunt day before. As if it was too hard for someone else to go and get one. I remember thinking at the time the other lazy fuggers could have helped you out and done it.

NOW important stuff, wheres the pics??
pics or it never happened!
Phill

nelpd96
09-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Clive,
I am with the other guys on this, you have done more than enough for the Streetfighter scene up here without having to put your own life on hold. Cut it all away and get things back on track and then pick it up at a later stage if you feel like it. I have been slack because I am about to head Oversea's with work again for another 6 months so I have been trying to get all my shit organised. Will definitly catch up with you before I go though.

Cheers
Paul

03gixxerpilot
09-03-2007, 08:16 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1018

Phill this is the thread on the build so far compleat with all the changes of plan that have been made so far etc, I will resurect the thread and put an update of where it is at the moment and of the progress as i get it done. I was thinking of starting a new thread with where i am at the moment but decided against it so that every one can get a full account of the trials and tribulations of how it has evolved to where it is as the moment

ozpete01
09-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Once the fun is gone clive, there no pojnt carrying on, it just end up being a chore and u burn yaself out, I agree with chop`s idea mate, give them an ultimatum and leave them to it, cant put ya life on hold for other wankers to take the piss and never help out. Pete

09-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Get a motard and switch to Urban stunting Clive. Give it up and you'll rust. Ya dont need the pressure of being main organiser.

03gixxerpilot
09-03-2007, 05:30 PM
as i said i still got the use of track when i want to go out and have a it of fun, i won't do that shit on the roads as i have been caught in the past and don't like the idea of not having a licence, and i don't need/want another project/hobbie to distract me form fnishing the build on the fighter that i have been working on