PDA

View Full Version : Car recovery

bladehunter
04-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Big misadventure on the weekend. (read I'm an idiot)

Got a car stuck out on Guineacor firetrail down near Goulburn way....tried to get it today but that almost went pearshaped as well.

Do any of you esteemed gentlemen know of a recovery service (preferable 4wd & trailer) that maybe able to help out ?

by the way to make matters worde it's my mum's car [:I]

Shadowzone
04-01-2011, 06:42 PM
NRMA no help to you mate?

Tell em it broke down...

bladehunter
04-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Gunna give them a go but looking for options if they cant\wont\dont come thru

skoerbin
04-01-2011, 07:54 PM
hail someone with a 4wd (preferabbly with a winch if your physically as well as mechanically stuck) give them a $50 or so and ask them to tow you to the nearest road. thats when NRMA come into play, easy way to make your car not start if you want to save the hassle of them trying to fix it, just switch the leads around and it will screw with the fireing order. remember which ones match up to which plugs to save effort down the track

ALBI
04-01-2011, 08:28 PM
im an ex nrma patrolman mate because you are down an firetrail most of the times they wont help as it is not on a public road or property as such!!
but !! dont bullshit them just tell them that car is stuck ,patrolman comes out and most times he will give it a go ,but !! only if he/she has a snatch strap and if he dont well he just a prick lol

boris
05-01-2011, 07:00 AM
if it was like up here there are always 4wders willing to help as long as you quench the thirst at the end of it lol I've got 35 inch tyres , front and rear airlockers and winch as do 2 of my mates so we are always getting phone calls of HELP

bladehunter
05-01-2011, 12:12 PM
You feel like a road trip ? lol

skoerbin
06-01-2011, 07:05 PM
have you recovered it yet? depending on the area, you may not have any wheels when you get back to it!

bladehunter
06-01-2011, 08:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by skoerbin

have you recovered it yet? depending on the area, you may not have any wheels when you get back to it!

Should be ok....I'm hoping all sorted for Saturday......tho I heard of car's without wheels falling down embankments