PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Option For Tail...

josh_182
02-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Hey guys wanting to turn my YZF600R into a fighter, bit daunting though where to start, so as of tomorrow I'll be taking my fairings off and purchasing a belly pan and a few other bits n pieces, thing I am struggling with is the tail piece, the cheapest option is to get the one on the bike painted but it looks old and quite boxy, all the newer, better looking ones cost a fortune.

I have about $1500 to get started, that has to cover some paint, a slip on, head lights and maybe a digital tach, anyone seen anything that isn't over the top price wise?? Seen a few around US$800, wanting something with smoother lines or updated sharp edge, just to bring it out of the 90's.

Shadowzone
02-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Probably talk to revheadpete I am pretty sure he has a few spares he'd part with for a reasonable price

LKC73
02-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Hey Josh, you could always look at a race tail as a cheaper updated option. There are a few companys in Aust that can do them. I was looking at fitting a race tail to my project bike before I found the unit im useing now.

yoda
03-01-2011, 06:39 AM
Lots of options out there mate, have a look at a newish cbr/gsxr/zx/r6/r1 tail.. if you are half handy with a bit of fab work you can mod or build a subframe to fit it all up to. Have a look on ebay and see if there is anything going cheap with a few scratches or something.
As Shadow said, there are a few companies making race glass, if you dont mind giving up the pillion seal thats a pretty cost effective way to do it. check out raceglass.com.au or wet4you fairings.

Get some pics up mate!

Yella
03-01-2011, 07:53 AM
As said you can pick up a new tail from ebay/ wreckers in some cases you can get a tail and sub frame that will fit with minimum of work

RevHead
03-01-2011, 09:26 AM
mate as shadow said ,ive got a 98 636 rear plastic good nick,,$20,,and the taillight $20 you pay post,can send cod