PDA

View Full Version : how do you rate this one???

catchmeifyoucan
07-03-2007, 05:14 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/72979798187871.jpg

what you guys reckon?? my mate/mechanic is building this for someone, not sure who, maybe even someone on here, its a small world...

i shouldn't have to say what it is, most will already know..
but for those who don't, its a spondon frame with a 1200 sporty engine from a humpty dumpty... hes building it for some show..

07-03-2007, 05:53 PM
I don't think anyone from here would waste a Spondon frame on a Humpty Dumpty, at least I fucken hope not.

ozkat
07-03-2007, 06:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by chalk10

I don't think anyone from here would waste a Spondon frame on a Humpty Dumpty, at least I fucken hope not.
I dunno, i reckon it would be alright.

07-03-2007, 06:21 PM
When did you last own a Humpty Dumpty Oz?

ozkat
07-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Ive never owned 1 Chalky, but ive riden quiet a few, even had 1 for an extended stay at my place a few years ago. I really cant see a problem with a 1200 Sporty motor in a sweet handeling chassis.... hang on thats a Buell. Its different and i like it.

gibbo
07-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Surely there is nothing sexier (bike wise) than a big tube alloy frame[:p] but there's gotta be a better v twin to put in there[xx(]

zx12argh
07-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Yeah but if everyone builds the same shit with the same engines then you loose the originality that streetfighting is supposed to be about...

I dont mind it... As long as they balance and fuel inject the fucker. Hang on, thats a V-Rod without the OHC.

07-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Oh goody, originality for the sake of it, hmmmmmmmmmm I might try a postie bike engine in a goldwing for my next fighter project :D

zx12argh
07-03-2007, 07:39 PM
so being original is not original anymore - crap - I'm screwed... [:p]

But go for the postie bike goldwing combo mate... reckon it'd suit you. I reckon if you put tassels on it it would come up sweet. ;)

07-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Bugger tassles mate, I'm going for Confederate flags on nice long aerial thingy's, and a blue suede seat cover

:D

zx12argh
07-03-2007, 07:47 PM
mate you are the master - i have much to learn from you.

catchmeifyoucan
07-03-2007, 09:49 PM
i kinda like the idea, big torque, different sound, i would have put something different in it, maybe tlr1000 engine, i just love the sound of em'...

each to there own i guess.. the guy who gave him the frame and engine thought it would all just bolt in, but the frames been modified in quite a few places to fit it.. pretty much the whole bike has been modified to fit, sounds like a true original fighter to me...

Large
07-03-2007, 10:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by catchmeifyoucan

i kinda like the idea, big torque, different sound, i would have put something different in it, maybe tlr1000 engine, i just love the sound of em'...

each to there own i guess.. the guy who gave him the frame and engine thought it would all just bolt in, but the frames been modified in quite a few places to fit it.. pretty much the whole bike has been modified to fit, sounds like a true original fighter to me...

I woulda thought Spondon would make the frame to fit right the first time
http://www.spondonengineering.co.uk/harleyD.htm

...maybe HDs build tolerances were a bit out?:D

Hillsy
08-03-2007, 10:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by Large

quote:Originally posted by catchmeifyoucan

I woulda thought Spondon would make the frame to fit right the first time
http://www.spondonengineering.co.uk/harleyD.htm

...maybe HDs build tolerances were a bit out?:D

That might not be the same frame - different bracing around the headstock...

08-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Send a pic off to Spondon and ask them what it's for.

Gix11
08-03-2007, 03:21 PM
How long has he had the frame and did he buy it new?

catchmeifyoucan
08-03-2007, 05:16 PM
dont know what the deal is, he got the frame and engine a few months ago, the guy who brought it round ive never met, so i dont know what the deal was with the frame, but he said he had to custumize quite a lot of it, i dont know the whole story...

08-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Well the only frame on the Spondon site carrying two front downtube braces is the HD one, even the TL frame is a full spar frame. Maybe it's for a different Humpty motor, like a big Evo motor or summat

megareg
08-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Or maybe that Porsch errr..... V-Rod motor!

exile
09-03-2007, 04:39 AM
IMHO its a waste of ali tubing :D
My m8s got an old s1 lightning Buell, sounds ok, handles ok for a tractor, tops out at about a ton ten , bits fall/vibrate off all the time and it spits the gears off the oil pump every 6k[?]

Id mod it up to take a TL 1000R motor and fuck the Hardley Rideable out of it :D