PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Dynomutt
29-12-2010, 11:33 PM
I'm dynomutt, based in the UK, I'm also on the BWA forum over there, so I thought I'd look in here and see what's going on. I own several modified bikes, including a 650cc Kawasaki featured in Streetfighters back in July 07, a much modded Z1075 called "The MadCow" featured in Streetfighters back in May 01, I'm currently building a 400 Katana, with GSXR1000K8 Ktech front end,Harris adjustable yokes/clipons, extended JMC monoshocked rear end, all carbon bodywork, and a GSXR750 oilcooled motor bigbored to just over 1000cc and fitted with a blow through Garrett T25 turbo. This has been a long term project but is finally starting to come together after finally getting some Carrillo rods that I needed, the block is being relinered and bored up at the moment as I build the bottom end.
I'm also building a new 1000cc motor for the 650 which is based on an 05 Z750 motor with Z1000 and ZX9R parts, but with flatslide carbs and Dyna2000 ignition in place of the injection system.
I'm just finishing off a bigbored FZR 1000 genesis/EXUP hybrid motor for one of my friends which should be over 150bhp when I get it set up on my dyno, so far it is pushing almost 140bhp, and revs to 12500rpm as the crank has been knife edged polished and balanced along with balanced rods and pistons matched to within 0.3g. I'll try and get some pics up when I suss out how to do it. Every time I click to add a picture it says currently unavailable?

sharky
30-12-2010, 05:09 AM
Welcome mate Nice collection you have there For pics you will have to use photobucket or similar at the moment as there are issues with the host server for pictures

Dynomutt
30-12-2010, 05:40 AM
Thanks Sharky, I don't currently have a photobucket account, but I'll look into it.

RevHead
30-12-2010, 06:50 AM
welcome aboard

skoerbin
30-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Welcome. as sharkey said, nice collection, but how do you decide which one to ride?

Dynomutt
30-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Easy really, the 650 and the Z1075 are currently on the road, but the other two are not yet finished, so when the weather is good I ride the MadCow, as it has clipons and gets a bit full on in the wet, and the 650 currently gets used most of the time, even though it was the one that cost me £13K to build and needs all the ally repolishing. When the new frame housing the 1000cc version of the 650 is done, everything will build over from the 650 onto the new one, leaving me with the engine frame and JMC swingarm, which will get a set of Z900 bodywork grafted on, with some K series radial forks and a pair of spoked wheels from an 1100 Zephyr, to make a Z900 lookalike. The Katana although it will be road legal(ish) will be predominantly for the strip.

Gitzy
30-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Welcome mate, they be some great bikes you have I was just reading the features in SF Mag, hope you enjoy yourself here...

For those who haven't seen the mans bikes have a quick read..

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6906/001pxg.jpg

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6657/002wy.jpg

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5589/003py.jpg

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/115/004ust.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1769/005wk.jpg

http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/2864/006ny.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/374/007dj.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6355/008hn.jpg

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1829/009kr.jpg

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1681/010tnq.jpg

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/4528/011zip.jpg

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/6596/012qn.jpg

Dynomutt
30-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Well spotted with the back issues. Both bikes have changed somewhat since the features, the ZRX which was originally a 400 import until I resleeved the motor to allow a 10mm overbore using Wiseco 67mm pistons for a ZX6R G model and fitted an 8mm longer stroke crankshaft giving a capacity of 657cc, a set of Mikuni 35mm TMR roller flatslide carbs and a full Yoshi system with shortened TriOval silencer, with ported head with reshaped combustion chambers running modified ZZR600D camshafts dialled in on slotted sprockets, has now got Ohlins FG43 R&T forks, with Brembo HPK radial calipers, Marchesini forged ally wheels, Ohlins all singing rear shock, Brembo Radial master cylinder, titanium disc bolts, Yoshimura speedflow brake lines with titanium banjos, Brembo 320mm HPK discs, and no doubt a few other bits I've forgotten, power is 95bhp with 50lb/ft at the wheel from the stock 53bhp at the crank, I'm just having a new set of cams reprofiled to my spec which should take it over the 100bhp mark. The whole bike now weighs less than 180kgs fully wet compared to 186kgs dry for the stock bike.
The new version is going to be the same, but using a motor based on an 05 Z750 lump with Z1000 cylinders and custom JE high comp pistons, running flatslide carbs and dyna2000 ignition rather than the injection system, and the monoshock rear will be using a Bandit 12 JMC with a conventional rising rate linkage rather than the cantilever set up of this one.
The MadCow, which was bought from the original builders by a mate of mine on a whim then languished in his garage for a year as he found it too difficult to live with the riding position before I bought it, it was in a bit of a sorry state, as some of the stuff stated in the mag feature hadn't been done, and some stuff was not done very well, I rebuilt the motor a few years ago and then set to work on the rest of the bike which now sports Harris adjustable offset yokes and GP clip-ons, 7 inch single round headlamp with GSXR1000K4 radial forks and wheel with 320mm discs and Brembo HPK radial calipers with Brembo CNC radial master cylinders for both brake and clutch, rear is a JMC underbraced arm with 6 inch drag slots and Ohlins race shock in cantilever operation similar to the feature, wheels are GSXR1000K4, pipe is now a 4-2-1 Akrapovic from a Bandit12 modified to suit with a one off carbon can, Head is race ported by Dom Trickett, the RS38s have been replaced with a bank of RS36 Mikuni flatslides with Dyna S ignition with Dyna 3ohm coils and Taylor leads with Dyna DRL300 rev limiter, Dyna shift light, Yoshimura oil temp gauge and Vapor dash ( temporary until I find a decent one I like the look of) and electric over air shifter with air in the swingarm, the motor is punting out 108bhp at the wheel but is soon to go out to 1260cc as I have a set of 13.5 to 1 comp Wiseco pistons sitting here, just waiting for some liners to arrive.
I've also got a new Dyna4000SP two step ignition system to go on it, the bodywork is going to be changed to a Z900 tank and some Renthal superbike bars, as the clipons are starting to get uncomfortable again, so the new Harris yokes are on their way rather than drill the current ones which will be fitted to the Katana I'm building.

Gitzy
30-12-2010, 11:36 AM
I think we're going to enjoy reading about your builds mate.. lots of info.. be sure to keep us up to date with them..

K6Thou
30-12-2010, 02:12 PM
That ^^^^ is some horn machinery.

Welcome along.

revken
30-12-2010, 08:09 PM
love the cow paint job ! I did a cheap arse version with vinyl, but that gets me thinking

ALBI
30-12-2010, 08:19 PM
and the bikes aint that bad either hmmmm

80s freak
30-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Welcome, loved the 650 when I saw it in the bible.

Dynomutt
31-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Cheers guys, I'll try and post some pics up of what they look like now. There is a picture at the top of page 46 in the random streetfighter pic section of the 650 taken at the NEC in 2007 when the bike was on the Streetfighters Custom Extreme stand, just after I had rebuilt it, infact there was no oil or coolant in it as I'd literally finished that afternoon before driving it to the NEC in a van. I was in the process of rebuilding it when Dave asked me about having it up there, I got the frame back from the powdercoaters 5 days before the NEC, so it wa a mad dash to get it ready, hence the missing badges from the tank as I forgot to fit them. The main changes are all the Ohlins/Marchesini/Brembo etc, and the paintwork was redone by someone who knew what they were doing unlike the paint when it was in the magazine. I'd also fitted the new oil cooler and the Wiseco pistons by this point. I'll try and sort out the pics of the MadCow in its current form and a couple more of the 650 when I sort out my photobucket stuff.

alfiestorm
31-12-2010, 10:29 PM
I just posted up a bucket link to Dynomutts bikes, Also attached a brief scribble about the pics from Dynomutt

Hi alf, heres some of the madcow and one of me and my little dog, the blue bike is lurches hybrid FZR1066 genesis/EXUP, the yellow bike is my mate martins 1216 that I've done, shitty colour now changed to black. I'll add some comments to them anyhow. I need to find the memory stick tht has got the pics of Vannessa Upton clambering all over my ZRX at the NEC in 07.

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk13/alfiestorm/dynomutt/

Dynomutt
01-01-2011, 01:42 AM
Thanks Alfie,
The blue bike is my mate Lurches FZR1066 hybrid, I built the motor which is a blueprinted genesis bottom end resleeved cylinder block,with a knife edged and polished balanced crank with balanced thunderace rods, with weight matched JE custom made pistons, the head is from an EXUP and has been fully ported by Roger Upperton, running fast road cams, and Keihin 39mm FCR carbs, with a full Akrapovic system, the ignition is a fully programmable Dyna2000 system which I grafted on by having a completely new housing and crank adapter made with an XJR1300 ignition cover.
The front end is Mille Factory Ohlins forks anodised black in one off yokes with Aprilia Mille 5 spoke wheels, and Brembo calipers, the swingarm is from the Thunderace with a Mille 5 spoke wheel which has been deseamed and powdercoated gold.
The main frame is the Genesis, but the subframe is a completely one off in carbon fibre tube, the tank is the stock Genesis tank, but all the other bodywork is completely one off in carbon fibre and kevlar. Lurch made the subframe and bodywork himself as he works with the stuff regularly as he restored aircraft for a living, and it is him that is replicating all my Katana bodywork in Carbon fibre, he also made the stubby carbon/kevlar exhaust can sleeve on the MadCow.
The bike is still being fine tuned, but should be in the 150+bhp territory, so far the motor has been revved out to 12500 rpm which is 2000rpm higher than stock, this is mainly due to the crank/piston assemblies being balanced to within 0.4 grammes, ao the motor can rev out like a two stroke. The subframe and battery box assembly weighs just 1.2kgs, the whole bike wet weighs just under 180kgs.

The Yellow bike is a GSXR1100M which I've just done a 1216 motor for, and changed the running gear to later GSXR1000K4 with radial calipers, it is no longer yellow but black and I'll try to find a pic of it with the new running gear fitted, it is an ex feature bike from Dec 04 I think, and had been built by TES with an underseat pipe which was making the bike run terribly, so it has gone in favour of a Cobra system with an Akrapovic can, a Dyna2000 ignition system Mikuni RS38 flatslides, and a 100bhp shot of gas, the arm is a JMC 2 inch over stock, rear shock is GSXR750 K6, power is around 250bhp on gas. There are some pictures of the bike when it was featured in the GSXR specific pictures section when it still had the underseat system fitted it is about halfway down the first page of GSXR1100 oil cooled just below someone wheelying, this was taken shortly after TES had done the underseat system and subframe, it now has a GSXR1000K2 subframe mounted on rod ends with stock 1000K2 tailpiece, an undertray is waiting to be fitted with an intergrated tail light. The new motor is a 1216 using Busa pistons, with the block decked to suit and a DOT head skimmed to bring compression to just short of 11 to 1, the cams are dialled in on slotted sprockets and are the 750J/K cams that came with the head, a spare DOT head is just about to go off to Roger Upperton to be ported and 3 angle seat job, and 1mm oversize valves fitted on stock seats, this little addition should push power up towards the 160 mark without gas.

The MadCow has been fitted with Harris adjustable yokes and GP clip ons, with GSXR1000K4 forks and wheels, with Brembo HPK radial calipers, and Brembo CNC master cylinders for both brake and hydraulic clutch conversion that I did. The rear end is a JMC with drag slots with Ohlins cantilever monoshock and GSXR1000K4 rear wheel. The motor now has a fully race ported head by Dom Trickett, with Yoshi cams and a Dyna ignition system with Mikuni RS36 flatslides, and a 4-2-1 Akrapovice from a 1200 bandit garafted on. A dyna shift light and MRE electric over air shifter is fitted using the swingarm as the air tank. The bike is due to be changed again with different yokes to use Tuono fat bars, and a Z900/1000 round tank in the new year, the 1075cc Wiseco pistoned motor is currently producing 108bhp, but this is going to be rebuilt to either 1170 or 1260 depending on which pistons I use, as I've got both sets on the shelf at the moment.
The big dog is Monty my Harlequin Great Dane rescue, 5 years old and still a puppy allbeit a 12 stone ( 77kgs) puppy, I've had him since he was 22 months old and I'm his 4th owner in that time, but now he spends all day with me and has his own large sofa in the workshop to chill out on whilst I do the work, many people seem to think that he is the real brains behind the outfit. Though he would give away all the trade secrets for a plate of his favourite sausages and a mug of tea.
The Great Dane in the picture with me and the green bike is my first Dane called Ashley, again he was a rescue and was 4 when I met him, he lived with me for another 6 1/2 years, I had to say goodbye to him the day before Streetfighters magazine came out with his picture in,which was a fitting tribute for the grand old gent, unfortunately Great Danes don't have a long lifespan, and ten is a good age for them to reach, although I know of one that has just turned 11 which is rare, Ashley would hear my bike coming home and stand on his hind legs looking over a 5 foot high wall as I turned into the end of our road.
I'll try and get some pics of the 650 over to Alfie to post for me tinight.

KATO ZX7
01-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Hello, im not worthy....

:D welcome

alfiestorm
03-01-2011, 03:06 AM
More pics of dynomutts bikes added with the rather fuckable bird climbing over the z

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk13/alfiestorm/dynomutt/

Dynomutt
03-01-2011, 04:14 AM
Thanks again Alfie,
The pics were taken at the NEC in 2007 when the bike was on the Streetfighters/BSH Custom Extreme stand. I was rather fortunate to have my camera out when the lovely Vannessa Upton decided to do some moves on the bikes.
The Black bike in the other pics, is my old GSXR750K5 fighter, I bought it as an accident damaged bike which had been featured in May 07s Fast Bikes magazine, it was billed as the UKs most exotic GSXR having had almost £23000 spent on it. I robbed the Ohlins forks and Marchesini wheels Yoshi brakelines, titanium disc bolts, Ohlins rear shock, Brembo HPK radial calipers, Harris yokes, clip ons etc to fit onto my 650, and then decided to fighter what was left, with some new bodywork and some GSXR1000K4 wheels and forks. The bike was mental to ride with 134bhp on tap, and weighing much less than a stock GSXR. I sold it after a year of riding the arse off it and nearly getting myself killed more than once, I had a genuine 169mph out of it but ran out of tarmac before I could max it out. I wish I'd never got rid of it, but I was either going to get killed, banned or both before much longer if I'd kept it. It just didn't want to be ridden slowly anywhere.
The RaceFit Growler can that I fitted onto the titanium Yoshimura exhaust system was so loud I had to run the baffle in it all the time. I took it out one day and rang my mate who worked 6 miles away down the hill into town, and told him to listen for the bike, he heard every gear change on the way down the hill after I came out of the 30mph zone of my village, the baffle took 3bhp off the top end after I remapped the power commander on my dyno, but it was quiet enough to ride everyday then.

Gitzy
03-01-2011, 10:47 AM
quote:Originally posted by Dynomutt

The big dog is Monty

Lol I was reading all the info on the bikes (enjoying) and then I started wondering about the Great Dane and then voila.. attention to detail.. love it..