PDA

View Full Version : That do you drink a week

Yamie
26-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Ok I cop it because I drink a 30 to a 90 Beer's a week a least and that's a slow week depending if mate's come over. I'm sick of my Missis and my mum give me shit over it

Tony Nitrous
26-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Last drink I had was in The Three Crowns and Sugar Loaf, Kidderminster, UK.
July the 5th 2007.

Not anti-drink, i shifted enough in the 25 years before that !!
F@rk! I've had to have a lie-down playing golf, locked myself out on hotel balconeys etc etc.
Just over it now. Health, Money, Licence, Feeling crap, Not getting stuff done.
Each to their own. My Mrs drinks sometimes, just doesnt suit me anymore.

chopiesel
26-12-2010, 09:01 PM
im not gona lie....i fucking love beer, iv drank 3 boxes of carlton in the last three days.

Yamie
26-12-2010, 09:08 PM
I drink becasuse I spent the last 16 years working secuirty and I don't won't my friends ur famliy to deal with what I had to do. If my Kids said they want to do my job I would be the first guy to say No way be normal [8D]

Shadowzone
26-12-2010, 09:19 PM
The last time I had a drink was about 5years ago.

I don't miss it it was around 5 or so years before that one.

I have no interest in drinking anymore. It doesn't suit my lifestyle.

I don't believe anyone can perform at their best if they consume alcohol regardless of how little. The proof to me of this was not drinking for a year and downing a 6 pack one evening and the resulting shit show I put on in the gym the next day. Meaning I just wasn't near my peak in terms of performance.

If you choose to drink good for you, as for me not my thing. I'll stick to the non alcoholic beverages and feel great the next morning. I also won't have to pay for a cab home, or worry about losing my licence for drinking and blowing over the limit the next morning.

Yamie
26-12-2010, 09:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Shadowzone

The last time I had a drink was about 5years ago.

I don't miss it it was around 5 or so years before that one.

I have no interest in drinking anymore. It doesn't suit my lifestyle.

I don't believe anyone can perform at their best if they consume alcohol regardless of how little. The proof to me of this was not drinking for a year and downing a 6 pack one evening and the resulting shit show I put on in the gym the next day. Meaning I just
wasn't near my peak in terms of performance.
If you choose to drink good for you, as for me not my thing. I'll stick to the non alcoholic beverages and feel great the next morning. I also won't have to pay for a cab home, or worry about losing my licence for drinking and blowing over the limit the next morning.

Some day's I wish To be like you but I'ave seen your wrost nightmare's and that's somthing I Don't want my Kid's or my friend's to see. That's why I'm here . Sum one has to

Shadowzone
26-12-2010, 09:40 PM
Everyone has their demons mate. I've been there. I used to get paid to clean out the worst pubs and clubs.

I made a living from violence and more particularly from bloodshed. I've held a mate while he died in my arms following an off on a bike and seen stuff that I sometimes see in the night in my dreams. Closing my eyes isn't something I enjoy every night, but I'm sure there are blokes out there who have it worse than me. One of my closest friends shot kids in a war zone who were shooting at him and his colleagues and I know it's driven him to several suicide attempts so he has it worse.

There's always someone worse off mate. Try counselling because the self medication won't always work and it's a long lonely road to ruin if it's that bad for you.

Yamie
26-12-2010, 10:02 PM

Everyone has their demons mate. I've been there. I used to get paid to clean out the worst pubs and clubs.

I made a living from violence and more particularly from bloodshed. I've held a mate while he died in my arms following an off on a bike and seen stuff that I sometimes see in the night in my dreams. Closing my eyes isn't something I enjoy every night, but I'm sure there are blokes out there who have it worse than me. One of my closest friends shot kids in a war zone who were shooting at him and his colleagues and I know it's driven him to several suicide attempts so he has it worse.

There's always someone worse off mate. Try counselling because the self medication won't always work and it's a long lonely road to ruin if it's that bad for you.

Yeah I'm always the last man standing no matter what... I will always look at the better parts of life. I will Never Take My Life. The way I look at it is I Have dogs kid,s famliy to look after. Just because I have to deal with it Some one has too

oldskool
26-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Slab and a half a week.

Yamie
26-12-2010, 10:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by oldskool

Slab and a half a week.

Maybe on a good week:D

Hagarr
26-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Slab a week for me with a couple of wines for good measure when the missus asks me and maybe a drop of 21 year old scotch every now and again from the cabinet.

Footnote: As I am hitting 50 next year I'm starting to think a bit like Tony, I think I'll have a big one for 50 and then I'm going to give it a miss for good as it really does stop me doing things.

I gave it up for a year once when I'd just had enough and felt really good, got heaps done but fell off the wagon again.

Everybody to his/her own but i reckon after hammering it for 34 years pretty solid it might be time for me to stop.

In the meantime Yamie enjoy it whilst you can!!!!!

P.S. My brother in law is 47 and still does 2 to 3 slabs a week but is a strong tough Fucker and never gets Hangovers!

Just don't feel guilty about it , as long as you enjoy and you aren't beating Fuck out of the missus and Kids who cares.

Merry Xmas Buddy!

Zooks
27-12-2010, 12:44 AM
A couple of beers every so often. Haven't been a big drinker for a long time now. But I'm not about to bloody well preach about how good it makes you feel if you don't drink either. A few drinks, in moderation, has little to no effect on your health.

I've been living the 'alternate' dream for a few years now (in the bush with my shed, my bikes & cars, my missus, pets and mudbrick house) and I'm about to start brewing my own beer. I'm also keen to try and make my own apple cider. Life's short, gotta enjoy it while we can.

336LJ
27-12-2010, 03:36 AM
never intentionally had a drink - never been drunk - ever.
Sober my entire life - only alcohol I have had has been accidental (mates tryin to prank me, hiccuped and drank a fuckin big mouthfull of listerine.. etc)

(also - forgot to ring ya mate re: pegs. dammit)

sharky
27-12-2010, 06:42 AM
30 can slab last me 2 weeks....bottle of bourbon normally about 10 days.

30-90 a week...so 4-12 a day....
Mate, You say you're thinkin about ya kids....well...maybe you should think about how they would feel when your liver and kidneys start packing up....

Cruisecontrol
27-12-2010, 07:56 AM

I'll stick to the non alcoholic beverages and feel great the next morning.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

~Frank Sinatra

RevHead
27-12-2010, 08:20 AM
12 pack of jim beam cans a week,,and heaps of shit from my missius,,up till october 2009 i hadnt had a bourbon for 3yrs,,

K6Thou
27-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Usually about 2 slabs a week maybe more if the mrs decides to join me for a few.

Yamie
27-12-2010, 08:47 AM
God I was pissed last nite out in the rain sweeping water away from the garage trying to stop it flooding again and no hangover:D

Shadowzone
27-12-2010, 09:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

I'll stick to the non alcoholic beverages and feel great the next morning.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

~Frank Sinatra

He obviously never felt the rush from hitting the weights in the gym then did he?

bladehunter
27-12-2010, 10:45 AM
I can't handle drink so I don't drink anymore

Tony OW31
27-12-2010, 11:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by Yamie

I drink becasuse I spent the last 16 years working secuirty and I don't won't my friends ur famliy to deal with what I had to do.

Just excuses that mate, I grew up with an alcoholic mother, I know what effect an alcoholic parent can have on kids, and 30-90 a week makes you an alcoholic.
You really want to do right by your kids? take that $100ish a week and put it in a high interest account for them, when they turn 18 buy em a new car/bike, deposit on a house whatever...
Your wife and mother are right, listen to them.
Oh, and in answer to your original question, a carton lasts me a month or two.

Redmohawk
27-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Some times a bottle in a night or more (rare) maybe a few cans a week normally , if your thinking about it this much its eather to much or not enough goes for both sides.

I've seen more than my share of dead bodys from rotting weeks old to my first real long term partner died right in front of me, and all kinds of shit in between I wont go into. If you need to drink to make it easyer you have an issue, personally drinking brings on my demons not scares them away . Yet I still enjoy a drink, just dont get really fucked up is all.

Yamie
27-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Ok it was just an excuses and I'll cut back to 1 30pack a week after New Years eve:D

nick76
27-12-2010, 03:19 PM
My mates neighbour drinks 3,30 Can blocks at home every week,and thats just at home.
He catches the train everywhere,knows where every early opener is,pops in has a beer and a slap at the pokies at various pubs throughout the day!
He's up around 120 beers a week!!
In the 10 years I've known him,i've only ever seen him eat 3 chips,and on another occasion,he had two nibbles of a hamberger he went halvies in with one of the girls that was with us.
He also smokes like a fkn chimney,2 pack + a day!!
He's build like a rake,60+yrs old,and i seriously don't know how he's still alive???
I'd hate to see what his insides are like.

bladehunter
27-12-2010, 03:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by nick76

My mates neighbour drinks 3,30 Can blocks at home every week,and thats just at home.
He catches the train everywhere,knows where every early opener is,pops in has a beer and a slap at the pokies at various pubs throughout the day!
He's up around 120 beers a week!!
In the 10 years I've known him,i've only ever seen him eat 3 chips,and on another occasion,he had two nibbles of a hamberger he went halvies in with one of the girls that was with us.
He also smokes like a fkn chimney,2 pack + a day!!
He's build like a rake,60+yrs old,and i seriously don't know how he's still alive???
I'd hate to see what his insides are like.

Must be from the same stock as Keith Richards

Anyone ever wondered what Capt Jack Sparrow would have been like if Johhny Dep based it on Cliff Richards ?

el sammo
27-12-2010, 04:47 PM
im usally too drunk or high on various drugs to remember my alcohol intake haha

BossMan
27-12-2010, 06:30 PM
i was gonna say how much i drink but now im to scared to comment.. i only drink for 1 reason and thats to get drunk but i also brew my own beer so its cheap... the missus wanted me to cut down once but not happenin

Yamie
28-12-2010, 08:37 PM

Sorry Mate I know what's it's like. and I'm very sorry. It's hard.
Last year I had the Doctor's and security come for me because I would not let my dead son go. At the funeral I coppit because i wore a suit and BEANNIE AND THEY DIDN'T SAY A THING. When the coffin was lowered and I took the beannie off and placed it on the coffin They then stood back. Yes it was a ASF bennie. So yes I do have my demom's but if you need help I'm the frist person there that's just the way I am:)

Azrael
29-12-2010, 10:33 AM
quote:Originally posted by el sammo

im usally too drunk or high on various drugs to remember my alcohol intake haha

Yeah taking handfulls of mind altering party drugs is cool, funny and clever AND a shitload less effort than working out at a gym which is for all intensive purposes, a bit ghey..

I fucken love beer, that is all..

336LJ
29-12-2010, 01:10 PM
hey - gyms are AWESOME if you want to dedicate 4 hrs to 36 different ways to specifically target your "guns"
and do they have tanning oil where you buy drugs ITHINKNOT![:p]

Bob
29-12-2010, 04:54 PM
A bottle of burbon or 2 a week, Depends if there BBQ or party to go too.